Physics HSC Study Guides & Textbooks (1 Viewer)

Best Physics Textbook?

• Total voters

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
Re: Best Physics Textbook?

Jacaranda has more than enough info and Physics in Focus is very, very nicely set out with concise information.

Guage

HSC
Re: Best Physics Textbook?

Thanks 4 suggestions...a poll should be comin' soon.

Uncle

Banned
HSC
Re: Which Physics HSC study guide, textbooks etc?

HSC Excel isn't a textbook but actually a very good study guide indeed.
Physics in Contexts isn't that good of a textbook due to the excess content and lack of colour schemes.
I hear Jacaranda is good.

iMAN2

HSC
N/A
Re: Which Physics HSC study guide, textbooks etc?

Jacaranda Physics
Physics in Context
Excel Phys (supplementary text)

Past Exam Papers: Creelman

Xol_2

HSC
Re: Best physics textbook...

Jarcanda is fine, provided you follow the syllabus and intepret some wholly detail and sometimes too much information, which becomes redudant and doesn't even answer the syllabus question properly but ends up giving you an essay about it!!!
My experience with the Physics in context, preliminary course, was s*** it was crap. It does not tell you what you really need in the end. - my advice though.
But i am proud to have something that answers the syllabus, Physics in focus.
Excel is ovveerratted-- id just buy it if i'd like to have some kind of prep test// great revision, it explains why its this or that, but doesnt make a simple account on the course, sometimes it lacks information :/ (well, that was the preliminary course)[soggy]

emilios

HSC
Don't know what everyone in this thread is going on about. Physics in Focus in amazing, definitely the best textbook. Nice layout, concise and relevant information that can be easily remembered and reproduced in exams for full marks. Jacaranda comes in a close 2nd, but since it sometimes goes overboard with info not relevant to the syllabus it can be quite overwhelming to sift through what's necessary.

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
Don't know what everyone in this thread is going on about. Physics in Focus in amazing, definitely the best textbook. Nice layout, concise and relevant information that can be easily remembered and reproduced in exams for full marks. Jacaranda comes in a close 2nd, but since it sometimes goes overboard with info not relevant to the syllabus it can be quite overwhelming to sift through what's necessary.
The thread is over two years old and the books are different now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)