Piercings and Tattoos (1 Viewer)

Piercings and Tats

• I have piercings (state how many/where)

Votes: 515 54.1%
  • I have tattoos (what/where)

Votes: 32 3.4%
  • I have piercings and tattoos

Votes: 69 7.2%
  • I have neither.

Votes: 336 35.3%

• Total voters
N

noir.

Ranger Stacie said:
i have had my third holes punched in my lobe so many times that now there is a little lump of scar tissue there and i dont think i could get it pierced again even if i wanted to
you should be keeping your earrings inside for about 2 months.

alby

cool duckie
HSC
Ranger Stacie said:
ohh im glad yours is going good!
I am not having luck. I had a massive allergic reaction to the bandage I was using to cover it at the gym, and i have had a bandage shaped rash around it for a week! The piercing itself is still a bit red around the top whole and it is a bit crusty. Very itchy. I still cant do hectic hectic exercise at the gym but im getting there, i can do rpm now :). I am a bit worried it is growing out, because there is a lot more of the bar showing now. Maybe its just swelling gone down. I'm going to go and see if they think its growing out and if so maybe change it to gold jewellery or something. I'll cry if i lose it!
that sounds dodgy..but i think it's probably also due to the amount of sweat you're building up at the gym. my top hole's still a little bit red, i'm making myself get back into the habbit of cleaning it twice a day because i was really lazy and didnt do it at all for a couple of days straight.
dont wory too much about it rejecting, i think mine's kinda similar. i can see probably 1 or 2mm of bar when i push it up, but it sits fairly flat normally though (no bar visible if i even it out). if you just change your balls to the plain silver ones (if you remember what mine's like) you shouldnt have too much trouble, and hopefully by now they will be ok-ish for the piercer to change for you.

i just thought about it earlier, its been 5 weeks already...i cant wait till i can get a sexier bar & balls! (though i'm a bit scared about taking it out..my bf has a horror story of having to ram his ex's back in after she took it out after only a few weeks)

as for ears closing up, i've had mine since i was 8 and i remember always having to be careful for a couple of years, not to leave my earings out for more than an hour or so because they were going to close up. i've just made it a habbit now that i barely ever change/take out my earings (also have fairly sensitive lobes, so no junky jewellry for more than a night)

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
eeek mine really seems to be growing out :( theres a fair bit of the bar showing all the time not just when i push it up :( im hoping its just migrating a bit and will stay but it looks quite shallow. im going to cry if i have to take it out because im in love with it now

quik.

HSC
Hey all :]

Just wondering! My cartilage piercing has been in for a good long while now, however it is quite prone to getting infected still. According to good ol' mum the ear it's in is still quite red as well.

Anyways, my point... could it be that my body is not liking the surgical steel?

I think it's a pretty long shot, but eh. Would popping in a silver piece help? Or gold? (Please not gold I hate it so...)

But yeah I'm getting quite tired of cleaning it twice daily after so long. Thanks!

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
quik. said:
Hey all :]

Just wondering! My cartilage piercing has been in for a good long while now, however it is quite prone to getting infected still. According to good ol' mum the ear it's in is still quite red as well.

Anyways, my point... could it be that my body is not liking the surgical steel?

I think it's a pretty long shot, but eh. Would popping in a silver piece help? Or gold? (Please not gold I hate it so...)

But yeah I'm getting quite tired of cleaning it twice daily after so long. Thanks!

how long have you had it in? I took mine out after 4 months because it was being a piece of shit. Cartilage takes aaaaaaaages to heal, the piercer told me hers took 12 months to be healed and a good 18 months to really come good. It might be the surgical steel, or it might just be the cartilage. I wouldnt try silver, a high karat gold or titanium would be better if you must change it. probably go back to the piercer and see what they say

quik.

HSC
I've had it in since the day before new years... so about five months.

I had heard it takes an awful long time to heal but on the pamphlet at the shop it said ~8weeks.

So I guess it just needs more time then? Sigh!

As much as I'd love to change it out, titanium is expensive ]:

(and gold looks like poo :p )

Thanks for your help :]

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
quik. said:
I've had it in since the day before new years... so about five months.

I had heard it takes an awful long time to heal but on the pamphlet at the shop it said ~8weeks.

So I guess it just needs more time then? Sigh!

As much as I'd love to change it out, titanium is expensive ]:

(and gold looks like poo :p )

Thanks for your help :]

what exactly is it doing? if its all red and swollen and stuff i think thats normal, thats what mine kept doing. Put some ice on it at the the night time and also try and soak it in salty water that helps a lot. I just got sick of having a sore ear all the time so i took it out a couple of weeks ago, and I STILL cant even sleep on that ear

quik.

HSC
Um it's not so much sore...

Like when I begin moving it for cleaning, it is a bit, but after moving it around a bit it's fine till next time. There's no pain or irritation (aside from the occasional itch) during the day and stuff.

It was swollen for a week or two after I got it, but it's not anymore.

Mum tells me it's still fairly red though.

As far as cleaning goes atm I'm using saline and an antiseptic earing spray for the morning, and saline and a bit of tea tree oil at night. If that's flagrantly wrong I can always use salty water like before I guess :]

Cheese88

HSC
just the the normal 2 holes, not allowed to get anymore. i'd be scared of the pain anywhere else anyways :p nose rings are cool, though :wave:

quik.

HSC
Trying to clean that tragus piercing would shit me right hard.

But looks good :]

Adrian.

HSC
quik. said:
Trying to clean that tragus piercing would shit me right hard.

But looks good :]
Thank you.

It's not that hard to clean. The piercer put a really long bar in to make it easier. He also refused to put a ring in as the swelling causes problems. I don't mind though cause I can change it after 8 - 12 weeks.

Oh and just so people know the piercing didn't hurt very much at all (it's my only piercing so I can't compare though). It wasn't as bad as having a blood test IMO. The only bad bit was that I could hear the needle breaking through the cartilage lol.

Skeeta

HSC
haha yeah i've wanted a tragus for a while, but i'm going to be able to hear the needle go through and its gonna freak me out

fernando

Poo
HSC
N/A
I saw a girl on MTV who had three NECK peircings.. they were kind of cool.. not that i'd ever ever do it.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
fernando said:
I saw a girl on MTV who had three NECK peircings.. they were kind of cool.. not that i'd ever ever do it.
oh man i saw a girl at uni who had that. these 2 little flat stud things on the back of her neck. it tripped me out, she sat in front of me in a lecture and i didnt pay attention to any of it, i was just trying to figure out how it had been done

amyg238

HSC
Oh, those ones on the back of the neck are cool. I wouldn't do it though.
I've seen at the front too, like just above the collarbone thing. Thats kinda cool too.

I want my lip done... just a few months till i'm 18.

emuthegreat

HSC
LOL ew . The chick that works at the peircing shop I go to has one on her cheek, and like 4 on her wrist etc . She would be so hot without them, but I guess that's just personal likings.

I still want a tragus ! Still totally reluctant on the whole healing process I had to go through with the cartlidge, ouch factor .

Does anyone know if labret piercings leave a mark after being taken out .. :( I don't want a mark ..

fernando

Poo
HSC
N/A
amyg238 said:
Oh, those ones on the back of the neck are cool. I wouldn't do it though.
I've seen at the front too, like just above the collarbone thing. Thats kinda cool too.

I want my lip done... just a few months till i'm 18.
jebus..that's like right below ur throat...! I'm in pain just thinking about that one.

evilmonkii

HSC
6 piercings in both ears and getting a shooting star tattoo on my back soon

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)