Plagiarism in the HSC (1 Viewer)

Ekman

HSC
Now is the time of year where people begin to share their essays amongst the cohort for the upcoming HSC. From what I hear, copying one anothers essays are perfectly fine for the HSC, but how about creative writing's. Is it fine to share creative writings with other people?

Ekman

HSC
wtf you're allowed to copy someone's essay?
According to my teacher, the Board of Studies does not care if you copy your peer's essays for the HSC and HSC only

BlueGas

HSC
N/A
According to my teacher, the Board of Studies does not care if you copy your peer's essays for the HSC and HSC only
How would the HSC marker know if they are your peers when only the student number is given?

astroman

HSC
How would the HSC marker know if they are your peers when only the student number is given?
I agree, people can only have an imagination that reaches so far, people are bound to have similar ideas throughout their writing so they accept it.

Kiraken

RISK EVERYTHING
HSC
N/A
Ethically it's wrong and it will get you in bad habits for uni, so don't do it even if there is minimal chance of you getting caught.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
I no longer believed in the idea of soul mates, or love at first sight. But I was beginning to believe that a very few times in your life, if you were lucky, you might meet someone who was exactly right for you. Not because he was perfect, or because you were, but because your combined flaws were arranged in a way that allowed two separate beings to hinge together.

I think you still love me, but we can’t escape the fact that I’m not enough for you. I knew this was going to happen. So I’m not blaming you for falling in love with another woman. I’m not angry, either. I should be, but I’m not. I just feel pain. A lot of pain. I thought I could imagine how much this would hurt, but I was wrong.

We’re all seeking that special person who is right for us. But if you’ve been through enough relationships, you begin to suspect there’s no right person, just different flavors of wrong. Why is this? Because you yourself are wrong in some way, and you seek out partners who are wrong in some complementary way. But it takes a lot of living to grow fully into your own wrongness. And it isn’t until you finally run up against your deepest demons, your unsolvable problems—the ones that make you truly who you are—that we’re ready to find a lifelong mate. Only then do you finally know what you’re looking for. You’re looking for the wrong person. But not just any wrong person: it's got to be the right wrong person—someone you lovingly gaze upon and think, “This is the problem I want to have."

“Why is it," he said, one time, at the subway entrance, "I feel I've known you so many years?"

"Because I like you," she said, "and I don't want anything from you.”

When we're incomplete, we're always searching for somebody to complete us. When, after a few years or a few months of a relationship, we find that we're still unfulfilled, we blame our partners and take up with somebody more promising. This can go on and on--series polygamy--until we admit that while a partner can add sweet dimensions to our lives, we, each of us, are responsible for our own fulfillment. Nobody else can provide it for us, and to believe otherwise is to delude ourselves dangerously and to program for eventual failure every relationship we enter.

I won't telephone him. I'll never telephone him again as long as I live. He'll rot in hell, before I'll call him up. You don't have to give me strength, God; I have it myself. If he wanted me, he could get me. He knows where I am. He knows I'm waiting here. He's so sure of me, so sure. I wonder why they hate you, as soon as they are sure of you.

I was suffering the easily foreseeable consequences. Addiction is the hallmark of every infatuation-based love story. It all begins when the object of your adoration bestows upon you a heady, hallucinogenic dose of something you never dared to admit you wanted-an emotional speedball, perhaps, of thunderous love and roiling excitement. Soon you start craving that intense attention, with a hungry obsession of any junkie. When the drug is withheld, you promptly turn sick, crazy, and depleted (not to mention resentful of the dealer who encouraged this addiction in the first place but now refuses to pony up the good stuff anymore-- despite the fact that you know he has it hidden somewhere, goddamn it, because he used to give it to you for free). Next stage finds you skinny and shaking in a corner, certain only that you would sell your soul or rob your neighbors just to have 'that thing' even one more time. Meanwhile, the object of your adoration has now become repulsed by you. He looks at you like you're someone he's never met before, much less someone he once loved with high passion. The irony is,you can hardly blame him. I mean, check yourself out. You're a pathetic mess,unrecognizable even to your own eyes. So that's it. You have now reached infatuation's final destination-- the complete and merciless devaluation of self

That's why I loved being with you. We could do the simplest things, like toss starfish into the ocean and share a burger and talk and even then I knew that I was fortunate. Because you were the first guy who wasn't constantly trying to impress me. You accepted who you were, but more than that, you accepted me for me. And nothing else mattered-- not my family or your family or anyone else in the world. It was just us.T hat's when I finally got it. I finally understood. It wasn't the thought that counted. It was the actual execution that mattered, the showing up for somebody. The intent behind it wasn't enough. Not for me. Not anymore. It wasn't enough to know that deep down, he loved me. You had to actually say it to somebody, show them you cared.

And he just didn't. Not enough.

We take a little of each other everywhere. The infinite curse of a lonely heart.

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
I can't imagine any circumstances where it would be morally 'alright' to 'copy' essays and creatives, using other people's essays and creatives as a reference is another story-do not do it-this sort of thinking will land you into big trouble in uni and definitely is very risky for the HSC. There should be no reason why you could want to do it at this stage-where if you had worked hard enough throughout the year, you should have all the appropriate resources you need to succeed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)