Plastic Bags (1 Viewer)

AntiHyper

Revered Member
HSC
Franklins used to had flattened cardboard boxes where you would just set it up and put ur stuff in there.

I remembered it was quite fun, but then again it wasn't a busy supermarket so we can take our time.

The downside is we had a much larger pile of cardboards in our recycling bins almost overflowing.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Half the time Coles' checkout chicks don't abide by the two item policy anyway.

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
Comeon the stat is that a miniscule 1% of bags wind up as pollution. 1% it really doesnt get any more miniscule than that. But to try and stop this 1% we are going to charge for the 100%, can anyone say: 'blunt instrument'?

HotShot

-_-
HSC
Hmm..
I dont understand how is banning plastic bags - environmentally friendly? Firstly the uses of plastic bags are countless?

Secondly i think most people use these bags to dump their rubbish in. so we infact in a sence recycling to some extent. Suppose we ban these bags (with main purpose of discouragaing the use of these bags) then where will be put our grabage.

If you are going to buy a garbages bag - those big black ones then that defeats the purpose.

because how many small plastic bag make one big black garbage bag? they are both made of plastic? i dont think they are biodegradable? and i am sure making one big black garbage is more environmentally than to make a few 100 plastic bags.

if only i could prove this..

have at look at wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plastic_bags

the only option i see is to go biodegradable - but its rather expensive i believe at the moment.

transcendent

HSC
N/A
Pigeon faecate everywhere destroying limestone structures and monuments, carry disease and are fed by the homeless when they should be feeding themselves. They are a plague and the only use they have is removal of any decomposable garbage and to shoot at with guns, pellet guns and BB guns and a range of other weapons purely for amusement.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)