POLITICAL TRAP: Gillard, Abbott hide from angry protesters (1 Viewer)

Blastus

Liberty Matrix
HSC
N/A
there are lots of words in this thread

also

Removing the Race Power…
…and replacing it with a Race Power.

The section they’re removing:

[The Commonwealth shall make laws for] the people of any race for whom it is deemed necessary to make special laws

The part they’re adding:

the Parliament shall, subject to this Constitution, have power to make laws for the peace, order and good government of the Commonwealth with respect to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.

Crux

HSC
But it's not. It's still extremely active. They burnt the Australian flag and called it racist. I don't see what's racist about the Australian flag? It has nothing to do with skin colour/race. The abor flag, on the other hand, has three colours, red = earth, yellow = sun, black = sun. Entirely racist.

lolcakes52

HSC
Firstly, my allegiance lies with the greens so I really don't care about Tony or Julia. What Tony said wasn't racist but it was insensitive. Aboriginal Australian's may have over reacted but this is expected by a group of people who feel suppressed or hurt. It isn't the Aboriginal's or Abott's fault. It was a product of time, place and history.

a c

HSC
What did abbott say that was insensitive?

Blastus

Liberty Matrix
HSC
N/A
Firstly, my allegiance lies with the greens so I really don't care about Tony or Julia. What Tony said wasn't racist but it was insensitive. Aboriginal Australian's may have over reacted but this is expected by a group of people who feel suppressed or hurt. It isn't the Aboriginal's or Abott's fault. It was a product of time, place and history.
hahahhaahah the greens - you idiot

funkshen

dvds didnt exist in 1991
HSC
N/A
nine out of eleven greens have never met an aboriginal person but think they're tops

mirakon

nigga
HSC
Not "may have". They DID overreact. All Abbott said was that its times to move on for the tent embassy. That's in no way insensitive or racist at all, its a justified position considering that the tent embassy does jack-all nowadays.

Lentern

HSC
Not "may have". They DID overreact. All Abbott said was that its times to move on for the tent embassy. That's in no way insensitive or racist at all, its a justified position considering that the tent embassy does jack-all nowadays.
Exactly what did they do that was so outrageous exactly? Congregate in the same place and yell stuff? There's more violence at a typical rugby league match and most of it will never be reported.

SpaceHitler

HSC
oh rugby players voluntarily beat each other up (and they can be charged with assault if the other person wishes) so everyone can

SpaceHitler

HSC
you know what the demonstrators and rugby league crowds have in common other than violence dont you

Lentern

HSC
you know what the demonstrators and rugby league crowds have in common other than violence dont you
They don't have violence in common, that was the point. What was violent about the protests on Australia day? They assembled and they shouted they weren't rioting.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)