Polygamy vs Monogamy (2 Viewers)

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
syera said:
the Prophet was ordered under very strict and exclusive orders from Allah, to marry a nine year old girl... this was an exclusive marraige and isnt something Muslims are asked to follow.. the Prophet(PBUH) was ver unique and at that time he was getting old and near death, and there was many benfits in marrying a young girl for him, because she could answer people's questions and queries about his teachings for many years to come due to her young age.
i just quotes above that he was trying to incourage others to do the same. so much for this exclusing marriage. and furthermore it states that he also considered to marry another baby when it grew into a child. thats even worse.

Aisha wasn’t the only young girl Muhammad had eyes for:
Suhayli, ii. 79: In the riwaya of Yunus I. I. recorded that the apostle saw her (Ummu'lFadl) when she was a baby crawling before him and said, 'If she grows up and I am still alive I will marry her.' But he died before she grew up and Sufyan b. al-Aswad b. 'Abdu'l-Asad al-Makhzumi married her and she bore him Rizq and Lubab… (Ibn Ishaq, The Life of Muhammad: A Translation of Ishaq's Sirat Rasul Allah, translated by A. Guillaume [Oxford University Press, Karachi], p. 311)

sparkl3z

HSC
N/A
i don't see anything good in this for girls, it's all benefiting the guys desire :S

veterandoggy

A Restless Member
Somewhere yonder where the sun never rises
HSC
SashatheMan said:
'A'isha (Allah be pleased with her) reported: Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) married me when I was six years old, and I was admitted to his house when I was nine years old.
Sahih Muslim Book 008, Number 3310:
whoa, alot has happened...

ok for the above hadith it needs a little clarification, since they made an oath of marriage, but did not get married until after the migration to madinah.

veterandoggy

A Restless Member
HSC
SashatheMan said:
Volume 7, Book 62, Number 17:
Narrated Jabir bin 'Abdullah:

When I got married, Allah's Apostle said to me, "What type of lady have you married?" I replied, "I have married a matron' He said, "Why, don't you have a liking for the virgins and for fondling them?" Jabir also said: Allah's Apostle said, "Why didn't you marry a young girl so that you might play with her and she with you?'

this is coming from an islamic website
http://www.islammuslims.com/hadiths/al-bukhari/Book_62.htm

Muhammad’s comments indicate that his reason for marrying Aisha while a young virgin is so that he could fondle and sexually play with her!
sorry, i still cant find the indication that he married aisha for sexual pleasure. im feeling sidelined because i dont have the book that i saw that hadith in, but i remember that it is something to do with good health if your sexual desire is strong towards your partner. i doubt anyone would disagree that their sexual desire would probably be alot stronger to their partner if there was a small age difference between them. of course, if old women/men turn you on, or you feel that theyre money is a good aphrodisiac, then by all means...

veterandoggy

A Restless Member
HSC
SashatheMan said:
you dont need to marry 11 people to spread the message, you can do that by preaching on the streets, or having small meetings and then expanding them. its ridiculious to claim he married 11 wives just to pread the message. and your ignoring the fact that he broke his own rules , by saying maximum of four.
11 is a desputed number, but not all of them were for political reasons. he married khadeeja for pleasure, and he was fond of aisha, but i cant say if it was political or not, since he also married omar bin al-khattab's daughter as well, showing that they both could have been political to strengthen the ties between his two best leuitenants.

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
veterandoggy said:
sorry, i still cant find the indication that he married aisha for sexual pleasure. im feeling sidelined because i dont have the book that i saw that hadith in, but i remember that it is something to do with good health if your sexual desire is strong towards your partner. i doubt anyone would disagree that their sexual desire would probably be alot stronger to their partner if there was a small age difference between them. of course, if old women/men turn you on, or you feel that theyre money is a good aphrodisiac, then by all means...
their age differnce was like 50 years. thats not a small age difference. and it shows that what turned mohammed on was small pre pubescent girls, that was his fetish.

i fail to see how you cant see that he favours young girls, when he recommends the other guy to try out virgins , instead of of the widow he married.

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
veterandoggy said:
11 is a desputed number, but not all of them were for political reasons. he married khadeeja for pleasure, and he was fond of aisha, but i cant say if it was political or not, since he also married omar bin al-khattab's daughter as well, showing that they both could have been political to strengthen the ties between his two best leuitenants.
11 may be disputes, but even if you get rid of the 1 or 2 wives that are questioned to be mohammads, you still get more then double the maximum wives a person was instructed to hold, by mohammad himself.

its like for example, going into a contract with your employer to work for him. You get money for the amount of work youve done. The employer is obligated to pay you, the amount they set out. they cant just say, well to strengthn our company competative edge, we are not gonna pay you anymore. Its the same with mohammad, he set rules for the people to follow and he should obied them himself.

veterandoggy

A Restless Member
HSC
SashatheMan said:
their age differnce was like 50 years. thats not a small age difference. and it shows that what turned mohammed on was small pre pubescent girls, that was his fetish.

i fail to see how you cant see that he favours young girls, when he recommends the other guy to try out virgins , instead of of the widow he married.
i already told you that it has to do with better health having a strong sexual desoire towards your partner. we dont know much about the woman the guy married other than that she was a matron. had the prophet felt that the guy had a desire for her as strong as what he may have had for a younger virgin, i doubt this hadith would have existed.

yes, sasha, i am sounding patriotic, because we are taught to love allah and the prophet before ourselves, and by this it would only seem natural for me to be here in the first place.

veterandoggy

A Restless Member
HSC
SashatheMan said:
11 may be disputes, but even if you get rid of the 1 or 2 wives that are questioned to be mohammads, you still get more then double the maximum wives a person was instructed to hold, by mohammad himself.

its like for example, going into a contract with your employer to work for him. You get money for the amount of work youve done. The employer is obligated to pay you, the amount they set out. they cant just say, well to strengthn our company competative edge, we are not gonna pay you anymore. Its the same with mohammad, he set rules for the people to follow and he should obied them himself.
what do contracts of work have to do with marriage??

prophet muhammad was already given stuff we never got. he was granted heaven, the highest place in it which humans could attain, being the dearest messenger to allah, having his morals and actions as said by aisha to be "like a walking quran". we couldnt reach these, so would he be greedy for keeping these to himself? no, because he deserved them. i would also say that there may also be other stuff that he deserved, marrying more than 4 wives being one of them (dont forget that there werre reasons for his marriages, and none of them state for his sexual pleasure, save khadeeja's, and MAYBE aisha's). i think that there are other prophets that married more than 4 wives too.

stainmepink

HSC
um .. wow this is interesting

society values define marriages as strictly " a harmonious relationship between man and woman" although i might have different ideas to what marriage is defined as.

the family unit is quite important in our value system. therefore polygamy is ... a concept that differs to this instilled idea ... mmhmm

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
veterandoggy said:

prophet muhammad was already given stuff we never got. he was granted heaven, the highest place in it which humans could attain, being the dearest messenger to allah, having his morals and actions as said by aisha to be "like a walking quran". we couldnt reach these, so would he be greedy for keeping these to himself? no, because he deserved them. i would also say that there may also be other stuff that he deserved, marrying more than 4 wives being one of them (dont forget that there werre reasons for his marriages, and none of them state for his sexual pleasure, save khadeeja's, and MAYBE aisha's). i think that there are other prophets that married more than 4 wives too.
if he deserves sometihng for his hard work,it doesnt mean he has to break his own commandmentsto get that reward.

and i found a numerious amount of sources that state exactly the opposite, that he had them for sexual pleasure. you might say well they are islam hating, i would hvae to say they are analysing the truth with out rosey glasses that all islam followers(yourself included ) wear when speaking about islam.

sparkl3z

HSC
N/A
veterandoggy said:

exactly, it's all for the men, because when they become soldiers and die they will live happily ever after in heaven, where is the equality for woman? I don't see it being allowed when the woman goes and marries 4 husbands.

veterandoggy

A Restless Member
HSC
sparkl3z said:
exactly, it's all for the men, because when they become soldiers and die they will live happily ever after in heaven, where is the equality for woman? I don't see it being allowed when the woman goes and marries 4 husbands.
ok smarty pants, answer my question: if a woman had 4 husbands, who would be the father? and how long would she stand the pain for if everyone of them wanted at least 2 kids?

sparkl3z

HSC
N/A
so, when a man marries a woman and has various numbers of kids from each woman, then what about their mother? How is it fair? and how is he going to care for each child, equally? And why does the woman have to share her husband with other women then?

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
mahhamad even had wet dreams about aisha before he met her. that ment was was 4-5 years old. i dont know if you think he is a sane man, but to me he sounds like a sexuality obsesses phedophile , who was lucky enough to have money , and power , to choose who he wanted to fulfill his sadistic fantasies.

Volume 7, Book 62, Number 15:
Narrated 'Aisha:

Allah's Apostle said (to me), "You have been shown to me twice in (my) dreams. A man was carrying you in a silken cloth and said to me, 'This is your wife.' I uncovered it; and behold, it was you. I said to myself, 'If this dream is from Allah, He will cause it to come true.' "

Justin

HSC
SashatheMan said:
mahhamad even had wet dreams about aisha before he met her. that ment was was 4-5 years old. i dont know if you think he is a sane man, but to me he sounds like a sexuality obsesses phedophile , who was lucky enough to have money , and power , to choose who he wanted to fulfill his sadistic fantasies.
Watch out SashatheMan, the muslims here will follow tradition and start resorting to physical violence.

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
Justin said:
Watch out SashatheMan, the muslims here will follow tradition and start resorting to physical violence.
they dont know where i live. the worst they can do is , nuke the servers. ( not literal nuke)

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
Since this is the polygamy thread I thought I would put forward this question(in extended format)
Polyandry
Pros:
*Multiple carers per child is likely which mean lower infant mortality rate

*Inheritance is combined rather than divided as the child would inherit from both male partners *and* there is a lower likelihood the woman will have as many children as a polygynous match(less need as well) therefore there is less splitting of inheritance between children.

*There is a support framework should one of the male partners die(the extra breadwinner in ye olden times), and since there is no clear father of the child in what would be a matrilineal marriage then the kids would still have that extra parent.

*Due to the excess of women(see below) there will likely be a large extended family to contribute to the nurturing of children from a marriage.

Cons:
*Could lead to confusing family tree since the father isn't specifically determined and accidental incest could be an issue in future generations.

*As more men are getting married than women, then there will be excess women - this factor will increase if there are war issues - and as women have a biological clock and men don't then its likely many women will be unable to start a family of their own.

So what we have here is a situation geared to preserve and nurture children produced as opposed to producing as many as possible - so what exactly is the debate to make this illegal? Considering over populated countries such as China might actually benefit from such a move and that before the People's Republic of China outlawed it, it was previously one of the places where it occured.

veterandoggy said:
ok smarty pants, answer my question: if a woman had 4 husbands, who would be the father? and how long would she stand the pain for if everyone of them wanted at least 2 kids?
Why would you think the woman would be entirely subordinant to a man's reproductive whims? She could just say no...

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
Why would you think the woman would be entirely subordinant to a man's reproductive whims? She could just say no...
in islam women are inferior and submit to the men. they try to defend that , but then it slips out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)