• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Polygamy vs Monogamy (1 Viewer)

physician

Some things never change.
HSC
ice_wind said:
its weird that a religion started by a polygamic/paedophiliac/rapist is lyk the worlds 2nd largest religion...
Maybe because it wasn't, try not to ignore posts above withoutaface's.

If a religion really was started by a peadophile/rapist whatever, do u seriously think it would be the 2nd largest religion? Maybe some of the info uve been recieving is somehow incorrect, or misleading (probably the latter combined with the former)

If u read my posts ud realise he wasnt a peadophile, if u havnt then im afraid the problem is within urself and not the religion! (I will clear it up even further in up coming posts)

If u read my last two posts, u'd realise that Christianity had similar practices as well (AND THAT'S THE LARGEST RELIION... pritty weird aye?)

Im not going to regurgitate everything ive said in the last two posts, but obviously u havnt read them, if u have and yet u still come up with such comments about our beloved prophet Mohammad (peace be upon him) I suggest u re-read, this time with ur eyes open!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

as for withoutaface"

"You know what it's called when an adult has sex with someone under the age of 16, even with their consent? Rape."

When was this law passed down? and by who? (i.e country)

In Islam, ur allowed to get married once u reach puberty, and I dont think Mohammad (peace be upon him was living in Australia which is 18 btw nor was he living in any western country) where he was living there was no such law, He was following the Law of God (Allah) which is always wiser and more correct than any man made Law (or non-existent laws such as the one u stated-at the time of the prophet that is). I respect the laws of the country and I Live by them, but I still hold the opinion that Islamic Law will always be better/wiser than any other law in the world, because its been set by the creator, and surely our creator knows more about us than any being on this Earth, U may not believe in a creator, but I do!

Mohammad may be guilty in ur eyes, but im afraid he wasnt following secular Law, he was following the Law of Islam!

Last edited:

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
veterandoggy said:
that, my friend, never was part of islam. and sasha, i dont know where you got that "end of story" part, because a woman in islam has the full right as to whether or not she wishes to marry a person. those who do force marriage ie. parents of western-born pakistani girls, do it not because their religion says so, but more because of their lack of religious knowledge.

i said end of story to signal that i had no more to say.

Sahih Muslim, Book 008 Number 3309:

'A'isha (Allah be pleased with her) reported: Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) married me when I was six years old, and I was admitted to his house at the age of nine. She further said: We went to Medina and I had an attack of fever for a month, and my hair had come down to the earlobes. Umm Ruman (my mother) came to me and I was at that time on a swing along with my playmates. She called me loudly and I went to her and I did not know what she had wanted of me. She took hold of my hand and took me to the door, and I was saying: Ha, ha (as if I was gasping), until the agitation of my heart was over. She took me to a house, where had gathered the women of the Ansar. They all blessed me and wished me good luck and said: May you have share in good. She (my mother) entrusted me to them. They washed my head and embellished me and nothing frightened me. Allah's Messenger (, may peace be upon him) came there in the morning, and I was entrusted to him.[/

wow so much choice she was given. she was given away like an animal to random people, before they gave her away to some 50 year old sex pervert.

here mother didnt ask her, "do yuo wanna go with muhammad?" she just took her without even tellign her why , and then just traded her for some reward that muhammad gave them. i think her parents were more interested in the money muhammad gave them , then their daughter.
shame on muhammad and aishas family for treating a 6 year old girl like an object

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
The following point is VERY important:

It is upon reaching the age of puberty that a person, man or woman, becomes legally responsible under Islamic Law. At this point, they are allowed to make their own decisions and are held accountable for their actions.

Aisha was accountable for her own actions, and was considered mature enough at the time of marriage to make her own decision! She didnt disagree to marrying a 50 yr old honoured Prophet, I dont see why every other critic seems to oppose her marriage when she never did!

Today, the legal age when one is held accountable as an adult is 18 (in Australia), In Islam it's once u hit puberty!
she didnt exactly say yes either. i mean she is 6 years old when she was given away. she hasnt even hit puberty. she didnt have any say in this. playign with toys doesnt exactly show she was very mature as you say.

i think in the 3 years that she lived with that phedophile, he brained washed her enough with his prophet stories and "if i have to have sex with you its what allah told me" stories that she was manipulated into being fuked my a 50 year old muhammad.
dont try to tell me a 9 year old isnt easily manipulated by the guardian. becuase i think. nearly everyone listens and develops in the childhood to what their parents tell them. thats why you , zahid and veterandoggy are such fundemental muslims that are happy to die early just to go to heaven.

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
If a religion really was started by a peadophile/rapist whatever, do u seriously think it would be the 2nd largest religion?
it is sadly. it was also started by a liar and a con, who makes idiots like yourself, believe in his stories centuries later.

much like every large religion in the world.

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
syera said:
be careful what u say.. its all gona come bak to u
dont worry i got my swiss army knife next to me, if any of you exteremists try to attack me. i also have garlic hanging next to me , and a wooden stake, if any more myths come to life to haunt me. oh and i am getting acquainted with satan. he has already promised me a room to stay at. what a nice fella

veterandoggy

A Restless Member
Somewhere yonder where the sun never rises
HSC
SashatheMan said:
it is sadly. it was also started by a liar and a con, who makes idiots like yourself, believe in his stories centuries later.
was it the same liar and con, who after pronouncing islam to the quraysh, and they exiled him, made sure that the jewllery and gold that the quraysh had put in his care were returned to each person? and why did they still trust him with them in the first place? he was a person who had just denounced all their gods, yet they trusted him with all their valuables.

had he been a con, he could have easily taken all their valuables.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
physician said:
If a religion really was started by a peadophile/rapist whatever, do u seriously think it would be the 2nd largest religion?
Yes, because people are stupid. Appeals to majority are far too abundant in this thread, please stop, you make baby logic cry.
Incorrect or misleading? I answer with this:
ped·o·phile (pĕd'ə-fīl', pē'də-) pronunciation
n.

An adult who is sexually attracted to a child or children.

A 9 year old is indisputably a child, and he had sexual relations with her. Hence he is a paedophile.

K

katie_tully

After he dies, the worms are probably going to feast on his decaying flesh. I often wonder who is going to be more disappointed. Those of you who actually believe you're going to a place called heaven, or those of us with a little more realism.

Anyway.
I don't think it's impossible for a human being to love more than one member of the opposite sex equally. However I don't think this is reason enough to committ to, or marry more than one person simultaneously. I also don't believe it's a reason to divorce. If you know you have feelings for more than one person, then obviously it's unwise to marry and committ yourself to one person.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
veterandoggy said:
was it the same liar and con, who after pronouncing islam to the quraysh, and they exiled him, made sure that the jewllery and gold that the quraysh had put in his care were returned to each person? and why did they still trust him with them in the first place? he was a person who had just denounced all their gods, yet they trusted him with all their valuables.

But maybe he was thinking bigger. Maybe he preferred to oppress 500 million women than stealing a few petty pieces of jewellery.

K

katie_tully

I may have failed math, but 500 million x 1 - 2 pieces of jewellery (at least) = a profit.

veterandoggy

A Restless Member
HSC
katie_tully said:
I don't think it's impossible for a human being to love more than one member of the opposite sex equally. However I don't think this is reason enough to committ to, or marry more than one person simultaneously. I also don't believe it's a reason to divorce. If you know you have feelings for more than one person, then obviously it's unwise to marry and committ yourself to one person.
youre 100% correct. he loved khadeeja when she was alive, then when he was married to the others, he was most affectionate towards aisha, yet he made sure that each of them got what the other did.

so in this day and age, i may like to be with one wife more than the other (were i to marry more than one), but if i got a car for one, i must get an equivalent car for the other. oh and btw, if you do marry more than one, you need to find seperate accomodation for them, they shouldnt be made to live in the same building, and you must tell your first wife if you want to marry someone else, and if she asks for a divorce because of this marriage, then it is her right for a divorce.

K

katie_tully

Who loved Khadeeja? Are we talking about religion, because thats definately not what I was refering to.

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
veterandoggy said:

did u know he robbed caravans. and killed the merchants

veterandoggy

A Restless Member
HSC
withoutaface said:
Incorrect or misleading? I answer with this:
ped·o·phile (pĕd'ə-fīl', pē'də-) pronunciation
n.

An adult who is sexually attracted to a child or children.

A 9 year old is indisputably a child, and he had sexual relations with her. Hence he is a paedophile.
can you answer it with where you got that definition from? hope its not your head...

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
syera said:
after u die.. ur gona regret every word
after i die, it wont be physically possible for me to feel regret becuase i wont be alive.

sadly that also means that you cant feel regret for wasting your life on prayer

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
veterandoggy said:
whoops, i guess i was. sorry bout that.

the prophet muhammad loved khadeeja, in case you were still wanting to know.
yes he loves all his 11 wives............................ when you divide love into 11 people, theres not much left for any.

you cant possible think he loved 11 people simultaneasly. but he did have regular sex with all of them. lust can subtitute love very easily.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
veterandoggy said:
can you answer it with where you got that definition from? hope its not your head...
It was the definition from answers.com, and you'll find the definitions elsewhere are pretty much the same.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)