• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Post election thoughts (1 Viewer)

walrusbear

HSC
blackfriday said:
latham sold out to the greenies and got what he deserved.
does that make any sense to anyone on this board?

waterfowl

HSC
bluesky100 said:
I think the Libs had a massive advantage here, as someone already pointed out just look at the negative campaign they dug up for Latham, he didn't have a chance.
There was a lot of negative ads focused towards Howard too.

bluesky100 said:
I think he did quite well considering all that he faced. Look at the strong performance of the first time church funded party, Family First, directing the vast majority of it's votes toward the Libs enabled the government to retain several seats it would have lost without their support.
Just because a lot of the members are Church goers does not mean they are Church funded.
And if FFP does take the seat they will not necessarily agree with all LIB decisions. Example: in a statement by FF they say "FF is opposed to the sale of telstra"

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
ahh i hate family first! die! die!

i cbf reading this whole thread. i expected there to be a liberal victory, however my hope is that by the next election australia will try and strike more of a balance btwn social welfare and the economy.

my seat is cooool :uhhuh: 71% labor victory

Generator

HSC
N/A
walrusbear said:
does that make any sense to anyone on this board?
No (but I was aware of Labor's Tasmanian policy, and I guess that many people were not).

leetom

there's too many of them!
HSC
Ah you're lucky to love in a cool seat like that.

I live in shitty Hume where there was a massive Liberal win. But there was no way we could of won, the Liberal bloke (Alby Scultz, can't spell) has an eyepatch! There is no way we can ever beat a guy with an eyepatch. I bet 90% of people who voted Liberal in Hume though "wow, an eyepatch, he must be good, I'll vote for him"

Somebody claw out a labor candidate's eye so we can have a guy with an eyepatch.

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
Me= crushed.

Particularly with Family First in the senate.... religion and politics have no place together. I numbered every senate seat... greens, then labor and then females (am I wrong in wanting more females in the senate?) with right wing religious groups like Family First last. I even put them below the end maijuana prohibition party!

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
Yeah my seat of Farrer is safe liberal too.... 70%! So my vote for the House of Reps didn't really count for anything.

Generator

HSC
N/A
It's his fourth... I mean, he is now entering his fourth.

Last edited:

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
Generator said:
It's his fourth...
yes that was my mistake sorry, i forgot about the 98 election. :) whoops. pretend i didn't say the stupid thing pls.

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
yeah i think it's ridiculous that one leader can serve for so many terms. i think i'm actually in favour of adopting an American policy (i.e. a leader can only serve for two terms).

and yeah, again, sorry for my stupid mistake. ;) time flies when the country's going down the shitter!

walrusbear

HSC
yep
i definitely prefer the ALP but everyone who values democracy should be scared by this senate majority

dangerousdave

HSC
I see no point in adopting the American 2 term policy. If a leader is good enough to be voted in for 4 terms then surely they must deserve it.

/edit: Damn I'm slow at replying

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)