• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Post election thoughts (1 Viewer)

Generator

HSC
N/A
Asquithian said:
maybe make it compulsuary that the lords prayer be learnt in public schools...that will teach kids REAL values :rolleyes:
I wouldn't mind the Cool Runnings version :p. At least the kids would learn the value of taking part and not that of just being a competitor (which is how our society tends to operate).

Re. Twisted's post... I'm not going to bother. It has all been discussed before.

walrusbear

HSC
maybe something where our foreign policy dedicates complete dedication to the causes of our US masters

leetom

there's too many of them!
HSC
moonlightsonata, put me under ALP. It's wrong that the Liberal column is full and the ALP one isn't.

On the effect of the liberal campaign bashing latham/liverpool, did anyone see that particular Chaser Decides "This Person VOTES" segment with that total brain dead girl in the hat say something really, really retarded?

I can't remember fully, but she said something like -

"Oh well I'm not voting for Mark Latham! I saw an ad on T.V the other day that said if Mark Latham can't control the Liverpool Government money thingy, then how can he run our 8.,,,,,,,,,um,,,,,,,,,8 and a half,,,,,,,um,,,,,,,8.5 billion dollar economy or whatever?"

Liberal propaganda: successful.

On a completely different note, awesome movie on SBS very soon. "Fudoh- the new generation" Japanese, little kid assasins, heamaphrodite sex scene, bizarre assasinations, fight scene between guy with katana and guy with steel shoes. It's a must watch

walrusbear

HSC
did everyone hear Howard's speech?

woohoo! We freed Afghanistan! They have elections now!
i love our freedom fightin' country

steph@nie

narcissistic whore.
HSC
Yeh I heard it. He got so excited I thought he was going to wet himself.

zahid

Sheikh Mujib-ur-Rahman
HSC
Asquithian said:
dont you count on it matey ;)

does total privitisation of telstra sound tasty?

If you think Bob Brown is extreme just wait for the Real John Howard to come out!!!!! now he doesnt have to listen to nobody...nobody at all!

THAT IS A SCARY THOUGHT

thorrnydevil

Ancient Member
HSC
N/A
Asquithian said:
dont you count on it matey ;)

does total privitisation of telstra sound tasty?

If you think Bob Brown is extreme just wait for the Real John Howard to come out!!!!! now he doesnt have to listen to nobody...nobody at all!
You make it sound so dramatic!

walrusbear

HSC
yeah i'm contemplating a move to europe after uni
if the liberal government wins in 2007 then the country has last everything it gained since the 1950s
i am extremely depressed and dispirited but hoping something will shock this country out of complacency
at the moment we are following social trends of America, which saddens and scares me

thorrnydevil

Ancient Member
HSC
N/A
Asquithian said:
john howard can come out the closet and do the things he REALLY WANTS TO DO...the things he wanted to do in 1987...now NOBODY CAN STOP HIM....

if he reinstates the white Australia policy im moving to NZ
You can't run!! He's going there to "look for weapons of mass destruction." And then he's going to take it over!

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
walrusbear said:
yeah i'm contemplating a move to europe after uni
if the liberal government wins in 2007 then the country has last everything it gained since the 1950s
i am extremely depressed and dispirited but hoping something will shock this country out of complacency
at the moment we are following social trends of America, which saddens and scares me

amen brotha

Generator

HSC
N/A
Just make sure that you head to a country where the Right isn't steadily increasing its support base.

Apart from a European backpacking trip or two, I'd like to stay here and campaign for change. I may well consider becoming an activist for the the Democrats now. It will be something to do, at least.

Last edited:

zahid

Sheikh Mujib-ur-Rahman
HSC
Asquithian said:
john howard can come out the closet and do the things he REALLY WANTS TO DO...the things he wanted to do in 1987...now NOBODY CAN STOP HIM....

if he reinstates the white Australia policy im moving to NZ
Be an optimist Asquithian, John Howard may just have a post election heart attack tomorrow and Die.

thorrnydevil

Ancient Member
HSC
N/A
zahid said:
Be an optimist Asquithian, John Howard may just have a post election heart attack tomorrow and Die.
ASIO will be at your door any minute now.

impulse_17

HSC
leetom said:
On the effect of the liberal campaign bashing latham/liverpool, did anyone see that particular Chaser Decides "This Person VOTES" segment with that total brain dead girl in the hat say something really, really retarded?

"Oh well I'm not voting for Mark Latham! I saw an ad on T.V the other day that said if Mark Latham can't control the Liverpool Government money thingy, then how can he run our 8.,,,,,,,,,um,,,,,,,,,8 and a half,,,,,,,um,,,,,,,8.5 billion dollar economy or whatever?"

yes i saw that. the sad thing is, is that she is probably representative of the majority of the australian population, especially considering tonight's results. i suspect there are many people who would have just taken such advertisements on face value, without sincerely considering for themselves whether or not it was appropriate to determine the future of their country upon these "facts".

disco_dave

is the disco_king!
HSC
leetom said:

I (the non-one-eyed viewer) seem to remeber the other one of the three they did and it said:

"I dont like john howards eye brows... so ill vote for latham"

can i can now say Labour propaganda: successful. that show was un biased.... open your other eye

iv read through the thread and to be honest (i no this is going to start a shit fight) but you sound like a pack of sore ass loosing dogs... the country is in great shaped. we do live in a truelly great democuracy and thats not going anywhere.

I kept reading that latham had the media against him and liberals ran harsh adds... once i opened my other eye and saw the Howard Lies ad's over and over again.

Why is the sale of Telstra such a bad thing??

open your eyes and be greatful for where we live. like i saw a bumper sticker of a war veterian the other day:

"if you don't love it.... LEAVE!"

my two bob

Last edited:

Suvat

part timer
HSC
N/A
I think may be time for the Governor General to perform his official role of checking the government's legislation and actually earn his more than comfortable residence at yarralumla with his handsome pay packet...

Ok, wishful thinking I know...

thorrnydevil

Ancient Member
HSC
N/A
Generator said:
Just make sure that you head to a country where the Right isn't steadily increasing its support base.
What, like Cuba??? Cuba could be cool.

walrusbear

HSC
Generator said:

Apart from a European backpacking trip or two, I'd like to stay here and campaign for change. I may well consider becoming an activist for the the Democrats now. It will be something to do, at least.
interesting point

my first choice would be france or italy.
italy is extreme dodgy right wing at the moment,
france seems more liberal (not the small 'l'), but has an alarmingly strong right wing contingent. not even moderate, but extreme right wing support. i hope it doesn't gain power.

walrusbear

HSC
Suvat said:
I think may be time for the Governor General to perform his official role of checking the government's legislation and actually earn his more than comfortable residence at yarralumla with his handsome pay packet...

Ok, wishful thinking I know...
i like the sig!

Ziff

HSC
N/A
Well, it's time for me to bid farewell to a few things that I liked...

Cheap reliable education - gone, user-pays system for all schools. Public schools will be run down.
Cheap universal health - see you later medicare. Hallo private insurance that only some people may afford!
Unions - well after the short-sightedness of the CFMEU, I'll be glad to see them get their own back. I won't be happy, however, that hard working Australians are unlikely to be represented properly. I know about the AWAs, but I still think a real union is the way to do it.
Public hospitals - Hallo to private hospitals!
The ABC - Unless of course, it becomes heavily pro-Liberal biased!
Welfare - everything will be replaced with work for the dole or people's poor parents will be forced to help their children through tertiary education, even if they can't afford it.
Telstra - well that'll be privatised!
Honest and accountable government - seeing as the Liberals have majority, who will hold them accountable?
Critical media - no ABC and a shitscared media... yep
The environment - Kyoto? NOPE!
Industrial relations - unfair dismissal laws in small business which infringe on the right of natural justice to all!
Human rights - the rights of non-citizens e.g. asylum seekers particularly children will be going bye byes!
Goodbye to cordial international relations with other nations that aren't the USA led by Bush

Seems like we have a fantastic 3 years coming up, poor Latham who will have the thankless task of cleaning up this mess in 3 years...

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)