• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Post election thoughts (1 Viewer)

walrusbear

HSC
ARGH
the mind boggles really!

one party runs a campaign on aiming to reform health and education to be more socially accepting
the other runs a mudslinging campaign

the mudslingers win in a landslide and are granted limitless powers over policy making for the next 3 years :(

Suvat

part timer
HSC
N/A
walrusbear said:
i like the sig!
Why thank you :)

disco_dave said:
why do you take it so far to the extreme... nothing that bad is really going to happen.

actually howard might decide a nuke to all australians would be good and becuase the senate is going to be liberal itll pass parliment... slap yourself across the face and wake up
Howards not going to be able to get a nuke and neither will latham, the US won't allow it...

Despite being force fed the proposition that the howard government has skilfully crafted the economy into a work of art for the rest of the world to marvel at, ask yourself (except if your family's rich), are you and your family really better off now than you were in 1996?

walrusbear

HSC
disco_dave said:
you trying to talk powerful shit like the country is about to end becuase howard has been re-elected.

i sleep easy at night becuase we live in such a great country.... i highly value democracy. remember last term where the two party's disagreed with everything and all bills were constipainted in the senate. the parliment was useless and it was almost time for a doubble disalusion to be called (sorry for the speelling ;) )
you highly value democracy yet endorse a party with control of the senate balance...
i'm normally a tolerant guy but i've been drinking tonight and i need to say you should think more you fucking moron.

waterfowl

HSC
Suvat said:
Despite being force fed the proposition that the howard government has skilfully crafted the economy into a work of art for the rest of the world to marvel at, ask yourself (except if your family's rich), are you and your family really better off now than you were in 1996?
My family isn't better off....but that is because my father had a higher paying job then :p

walrusbear

HSC
Suvat said:
Why thank you :)

Howards not going to be able to get a nuke and neither will latham, the US won't allow it...

also ask yourself if you're proud of your country's foreign policy and recent induction into UN condemnation of human rights abuse.
also if spreading your anus wide for US imperialist agenda is good for the state of this shitty world

eviltama

Mentally Deranged Maniac
HSC
i think i'll go to europe sometime soon... norway.. switzerland... if bush loses the election america maybe... otherwise *gets out pro-homosexual fighting gear* it seems i'm going to have to get cosy with the Greens...

disco_dave

is the disco_king!
HSC
walrusbear said:
ARGH
the mind boggles really!

one party runs a campaign on aiming to reform health and education to be more socially accepting
the other runs a mudslinging campaign

the mudslingers win in a landslide and are granted limitless powers over policy making for the next 3 years :(
are you blind??? the mud throwing went both ways... labour hammed howard about lieing and their health and education. why cant you see both sides of the fence....

walrusbear

HSC
i think the US election means nothing

democrat... republican...

that country is a superpower with a new and dangerous form of imperialism.
it is working its charms on this country as an ally

walrusbear

HSC
disco_dave said:
are you blind??? the mud throwing went both ways... labour hammed howard about lieing and their health and education. why cant you see both sides of the fence....
you mean they pointed out where the country could be improved?

can you tell me, honestly, any Liberal campaign that focussed on positive policy?

veanz

hath no fury
HSC
N/A
concerning the bitching about ignorance or 'stupidity' - where it SEEMS like those peeved about it morph it as being some sort of choice - can you at least be realistic about it? there are alot of people out there who are not doing a political etc degree, who cant find or have the time, capability, mental understanding to be aware or filter out all the details the media etc forwards - who thus mainly, if not tend to inevitably, vote for selfish reasons.

so whats the point in calling people ignorant? to defend why your preferred party didnt 'win'?

waterfowl

HSC
walrusbear said:
you mean they pointed out where the country could be improved?

can you tell me, honestly, any Liberal campaign that focussed on positive policy?
Yes theer was an ad with Howard speaking about what he would do for the country...the only thing i can remember on it was talking about intro. of new warships

disco_dave

is the disco_king!
HSC
reason is a great human quality... and there is a servere lack of it here.

i think the country will survive the next three years and your forcasts of howard dictatorship are a dream. but thats just me

good nite and bitch on, just keep it one sided!!

zahid

Sheikh Mujib-ur-Rahman
HSC
Mr. Osama said:
OMG guys big news John Howard has just won the election. It was on TV.
Either your news coverage is delayed...or your a very SLOW human being.

thejosiekiller

every me
HSC
yeah wasnt that suprised- it started out with labour losing those seats in tas and didn't really get better.

johny won though- gotta give him that

veanz

hath no fury
HSC
N/A
democracy ironically falls heavily on the ignorant..?

walrusbear

HSC
veanz said:
concerning the bitching about ignorance or 'stupidity' - where it SEEMS like those peeved about it morph it as being some sort of choice - can you at least be realistic about it? there are alot of people out there who are not doing a political etc degree, who cant find or have the time, capability, mental understanding to be aware or filter out all the details the media etc forwards - who thus mainly, if not tend to inevitably, vote for selfish reasons.

so whats the point in calling people ignorant? to defend why your preferred party didnt 'win'?
because what you just described is dangerous and symptomatic of our culture, sadly

Suvat

part timer
HSC
N/A
veanz said:

I personally am not angry with the 'ignorant' ones, I'm just disappointed that in this day and age, and the fact that we call ourselves the 'clever country', such a large proportion of the population still decide to take whatever propaganda they are fed on face value without making any further enquires. Even a mere 15 mins spent reading independent economists' analysis on the net would give any voter an infintely better and more complete understanding of how and why the domestic economy performed the way it did over the past decade.

Generator

HSC
N/A
You only need to read the papers (note the s) and a number of political websites (party and commentary) to be informed... Sadly, when people cannot do this or rely solely upon other mediums, then we cannot expect much.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)