• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Post election thoughts (1 Viewer)

Generator

HSC
N/A
Didn't Labor's policy costings show that maintaining the Government's ownership share of Telstra would be much cheaper in the long run?

zahid

Sheikh Mujib-ur-Rahman
HSC
Asquithian said:
i was hoping that he would announce his retirment in his speech :p
now that would be funny
Retirement My Arse...the greedy F%#K will go on as long as he lives. He is probably aiming for Menzie's Record.

disco_dave

is the disco_king!
HSC
Asquithian said:
...ignorant ...
word of the month?? how many times have u used that this thread?? new one

b as mean as you like. doesnt mind me, mud slick me. or is that only howard that does that....

give me some arguments for telstra. it would be good to see a fully privatised business to reinstate more level playing field for competition....

leetom

there's too many of them!
HSC
Liberal majority in Senate...the libs will sleep well tonight. Thornydevil how can you support a man you think is capable of passing 'some crazy shit' through the senate?

Yes! Looking over ABC updates..0.3% swing to Labor! Not much but alot better than 0.0%.

disco_dave

is the disco_king!
HSC
Asquithian said:
...ignorant...
that word again....

the liberals do have faults (leaving myself open here i no, but id rather be honest). but they will do a good job, i almost think either party that won today would have.

tWiStEdD

deity of ultimate reason
HSC
poor form, big A.
i like the way you have to be selfless and caring to vote for the ALP.

blah. hopeless. amateurs.

walrusbear

HSC
Ziff said:
Well, it's time for me to bid farewell to a few things that I liked...

Cheap reliable education - gone, user-pays system for all schools. Public schools will be run down.
Cheap universal health - see you later medicare. Hallo private insurance that only some people may afford!
Unions - well after the short-sightedness of the CFMEU, I'll be glad to see them get their own back. I won't be happy, however, that hard working Australians are unlikely to be represented properly. I know about the AWAs, but I still think a real union is the way to do it.
Public hospitals - Hallo to private hospitals!
The ABC - Unless of course, it becomes heavily pro-Liberal biased!
Welfare - everything will be replaced with work for the dole or people's poor parents will be forced to help their children through tertiary education, even if they can't afford it.
Telstra - well that'll be privatised!
Honest and accountable government - seeing as the Liberals have majority, who will hold them accountable?
Critical media - no ABC and a shitscared media... yep
The environment - Kyoto? NOPE!
Industrial relations - unfair dismissal laws in small business which infringe on the right of natural justice to all!
Human rights - the rights of non-citizens e.g. asylum seekers particularly children will be going bye byes!

Seems like we have a fantastic 3 years coming up, poor Latham who will have the thankless task of cleaning up this mess in 3 years...
well summised
fucking hell

that critical media point hurts even more, as just today a UK run independent internet media source 'Indymedia' was shut down by the FBI!!
scary shit :(

disco_dave

is the disco_king!
HSC
leetom said:
Liberal majority in Senate...the libs will sleep well tonight. Thornydevil how can you support a man you think is capable of passing 'some crazy shit' through the senate?
why do you take it so far to the extreme... nothing that bad is really going to happen.

actually howard might decide a nuke to all australians would be good and becuase the senate is going to be liberal itll pass parliment... slap yourself across the face and wake up

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
I'm thinking of staying in France when I go there on exchange next year as well, nice to hear you're going too walrusbear, the only other Murakami fan I know :D. I hear Prague's a nice city for left wing socially aware uni students too. I'd like to be put down on ALP as well if possible plz .

Asquithian said:
can you think of any reasons why it may be a bad reason to privitise telstra? Come one think? sadly there is no liberal propaganda to quote at me...you have to think for yourself
lol. nice one

Generator

HSC
N/A
We are all wide awake... We do not need to be living in the 50s when it is 2004.

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
I hate people who say 'well if you don't like it here, then leave'. No. I was born here and I have just as much right to be here as you. The whole point of democracy is that we can voice our dissent, and atm my dissent happens to be rather sizable

tWiStEdD

deity of ultimate reason
HSC
all parties have faults.

i see that we need only change govt when there's a problem. there's not a problem right now.
good night.

walrusbear

HSC
disco_dave said:
leetom said:
Liberal majority in Senate...the libs will sleep well tonight. Thornydevil how can you support a man you think is capable of passing 'some crazy shit' through the senate? QUOTE]

why do you take it so far to the extreme... nothing that bad is really going to happen.

actually howard might decide a nuke to all australians would be good and becuase the senate is going to be liberal itll pass parliment... slap yourself across the face and wake up
how can you sleep easy tonight knowing that a man who has a rich past of lying to the country has virtually unlimited policy power?!
you're arguing for the sake of it man!!
no one who appreciates democracy can be happy with the overall outcome tonight. media and ignorance has finally overturned the balance to convince idiots to give away their power over the government.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
*loads up his parabellum rounds into his Remington Bolt Action Rifle*
Im goin' huntin...

waterfowl

HSC
walrusbear said:
how can you sleep easy tonight knowing that a man who has a rich past of lying to the country has virtually unlimited policy power?!
Every politician lies...it is unfortunately an inevitability. Every news station lies....lies are everywhere. It's just a matter of choosing one lier over another

walrusbear

HSC
jim_green said:
I'm thinking of staying in France when I go there on exchange next year as well, nice to hear you're going too walrusbear, the only other Murakami fan I know :D. I hear Prague's a nice city for left wing socially aware uni students too. I'd like to be put down on ALP as well if possible plz .

lol. nice one
Prague would be awesome!
let's go!

Generator

HSC
N/A
tWiStEdD said:
all parties have faults.

i see that we need only change govt when there's a problem. there's not a problem right now.
good night.

There is a fucking great problem as of tonight when you consider the Senate.

Also, the Coalition didn't offer much beyond further economic reform that offered little in terms of social policy. A slight problem, I think

walrusbear

HSC
waterfowl said:
Every politician lies...it is unfortunately an inevitability. Every news station lies....lies are everywhere. It's just a matter of choosing one lier over another
true point

i think you'll find that the lies emerging in australia and the US over the past 10 years are quite alarming when you get down to it though

disco_dave

is the disco_king!
HSC
you trying to talk powerful shit like the country is about to end becuase howard has been re-elected.

i sleep easy at night becuase we live in such a great country.... i highly value democracy. remember last term where the two party's disagreed with everything and all bills were constipainted in the senate. the parliment was useless and it was almost time for a doubble disalusion to be called (sorry for the speelling ;) )

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)