Post hsc depression (1 Viewer)

mzkashi

HSC
Yo am I the only one who was happy with their atar but now feels empty? Like I just have nothing to do and idk it just feels off especially that I donโ€™t have social media. Like I have alr started studying for uni because everything just seems so broken. How are you guys passing your time ?
Yeah bro I tutor, but thatโ€™s like 3 x a week with 8 hours in total. Yeah I have been playing games too but they just feel empty lmao.
So you still have this schedule, I guess, there's some structure in your week somewhat.
I'd definitely recommend just letting yourself relax for a while to avoid burnout like someone said already, but have you tried spending more time outside? I know whenever I catch a break I find myself feeling similar, so getting some walking in, or just seeing places really helped, especially during the day. Even exercise is a common time-filler, sometimes it's that pretty good sense of accomplishment that makes you feel a little less empty, lol
Wishing you best of luck, but I think if you're studying for uni, that's okay too, you'll end up ahead and caught up for your work, so that's not bad either

liamkk112

HSC
why am i only seeing this thread now... i'm scared that this will be me after hsc...
probably will be lol

dw though, can confirm now that its been ~1.5 months, its basically just turned into waiting around for uni. ive just been doing nothing productive mostly combined with some productive hours (light textbook reading ahead for uni) and its good, feels good to not have to constantly spam past papers and learn that little bit more in the subjects i like. also uni environment is prolly gonna be less intense than high school in terms of competitiveness (though it obviously depends on the uni [unsw lol]), at least we can work together now and not be punished

totally_screwed

Baddest Member
HSC
my post hsc depression was rlly real I think it's bcz I didn't do shit for 3 months, which isn't as pleasant as it sounds. I reckon I should've gone out w my friends more often, gotten a job reignite my hobbies, felt like I wasted away that whole period which made the "depression" worse and kept me stuck in the past I had just left behind. horrid ive made many too many mistakes in life but whatevr didn't know better at the time

Average Boreduser

๐™ฑ๐šŠ๐š—๐š—๐šŽ๐š
HSC
my post hsc depression was rlly real I think it's bcz I didn't do shit for 3 months, which isn't as pleasant as it sounds. I reckon I should've gone out w my friends more often, gotten a job reignite my hobbies, felt like I wasted away that whole period which made the "depression" worse and kept me stuck in the past I had just left behind. horrid ive made many too many mistakes in life but whatevr didn't know better at the time
in all seriousness though, we all have regrets. You might be stuck in the past, but the rest of the world isn't. It will slowly pass as does any of our embarassing/sadder encounters.

xoNat

don't worry, be happy
HSC
Sorry if I'm being ignorant but why does post hsc depression happen? Do you lose a bit of your sense of purpose after the hsc is over?

totally_screwed

Baddest Member
HSC
Sorry if I'm being ignorant but why does post hsc depression happen? Do you lose a bit of your sense of purpose after the hsc is over?
yeah kinda, idk abt others but I didn't picture a life beyond high school until I was forced to after hsc. my purpose for a long time was to do well in school top all my classes etc. so once that was over it took me a long time to detach from the hsc chapter yfm

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)