Post Your 2013 University Offers Here (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

OMGITzJustin

HSC
N/A
Med at uws!

Over the freaking moon!
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAH first TCS grad to fully complete hsc (gary ng didnt finish hsc) and eventually into med, massive congrats man. I remember you telling me your plan in G1 computer rooms, and it worked out - friggin good job

That aside, UNSW comm/eco for me :D

Safraaz

HSC
Uni Grad
Bachelor of Business and Science in Information Technology at UTS!
Anyone else?

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Med at uws!

Over the freaking moon!
GG

Jelly

:cry:

I got BMedSc @ UNSW
It's weird the cutoff for MedSc at UNSW and USyd dropped this year, but MedSc(Adv) at UWS went up to 92.5 (.4 above USyd and 1.5 below UNSW) and Adv Sc there went up to like 93.45.
Jeez, there are a lot of med kids these days. :frown2:

Dylanamali

HSC
GG

Jelly

:cry:

I got BMedSc @ UNSW
It's weird the cutoff for MedSc at UNSW and USyd dropped this year, but MedSc(Adv) at UWS went up to 92.5 (.4 above USyd and 1.5 below UNSW) and Adv Sc there went up to like 93.45.
Jeez, there are a lot of med kids these days. :frown2:
Aww, sorry to heart that Riproot!

Hold out for late round offers.. you never know. Apparently UWS is very conservative in terms of giving out offers in the main round. Still hope!

Are you going to accept MedSci? And is it into the 2nd year (assuming you get credited for the units you've done at USYD)?
Haha, I guess the UWS courses are getting ever more popular.. I've tried to convince as many people that would let me that UWS Adv Sci / Med Sci (Adv) was the very best possible choice in course if one was trying to get into Med because of their entry scheme..
Alot better than UNSW IMO.. I mean, I got an interview with a UMAT weighted score almost 7 points below the cut-off this year.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Aww, sorry to heart that Riproot!

Hold out for late round offers.. you never know. Apparently UWS is very conservative in terms of giving out offers in the main round. Still hope!

Are you going to accept MedSci? And is it into the 2nd year (assuming you get credited for the units you've done at USYD)?
Haha, I guess the UWS courses are getting ever more popular.. I've tried to convince as many people that would let me that UWS Adv Sci / Med Sci (Adv) was the very best possible choice in course if one was trying to get into Med because of their entry scheme..
Alot better than UNSW IMO.. I mean, I got an interview with a UMAT weighted score almost 7 points below the cut-off this year.
Yeah, it says there are vacancies but I'm afraid I won't even be in the top 250 interviewees. I had a really bad day. :frown2:

I accepted it and I'm not sure if I get credited for stuff. I'm mainly accepting it just in case I don't get anything else. I don't want to do it. Ew.
Well, so did I. I should've done it tbh, even though I did get an interview it still might've helped my chances for the interviewers to see I was from the campus and stuff.

Last edited:

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Most do MedSci at UNSW since there is a lateral entry scheme for the undergraduate medicine program - iirc you need to be in the top 10-15 in the course and score very high in the UMAT to be considered to move into Medicine. Personally, I chose USYD because I don't think I can improve enough for the UMAT so yeah it depends on your personal preference too. UNSW is VERY competitive, not sure about USYD but I'd imagine it to be competitive too.

I will do my absolute best to get into UNSW Medicine :haha:

All the BOSers and mates at UNSW. Sad is lyf.
Many at USYD too :p And at least your mates still live in the same city as you. And you're gonna smash Med Sci I know it!

crazy_paki123

HSC
B Commerce at MQ. Just asking but what WAM would i need to transfer into UNSW Commerce the next year :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)