Post Your 2015 Sem 1 Timetable (1 Viewer)

Seomate

HSC
Feedback on my UNSW timetable please?? I'm doing Engineering (Electrical)/Commerce.

My Uni Timetable.JPG

cssu0425

HSC
First year engineering timetables are so sad
Omg yes I agree. I don't do Engineering but my friend showed hers and she was like WOW to me when I told her I had 2 days off.. poor girl haha

cssu0425

HSC
Screen Shot 2015-01-22 at 2.13.39 pm.png

My timetable, doing Commerce/Media (PR), I need friends please

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
Just a few things on the timetables I have seen above.

Don't put tutorials back to back. Some tutorials will have exams or homework in them and if you need time off before the tutorial to do something then you don't want to have a tutorial right before it.

Having a lecture before a tutorial is ok because you can skip a lecture in the worst case and possibly watch it later, read the notes or do your own self study to make up for it. Tutorials have a lot of vital information that you might not pick up on otherwise and also some of them mark attendance and might have compulsory attendance requirements in the case that you need to re sit a final exam (case in point MATH1XY1).

Avoid massive gaps in your timetable. Depending on the type of person, if you have a long day you might bludge for quite a bit at uni. Also you might tire yourself out so by the time you get to that final class of the day you won't bother and will start losing motivation to stay behind a few hours for a one hour class.

cssu0425

HSC

Don't put tutorials back to back. Some tutorials will have exams or homework in them and if you need time off before the tutorial to do something then you don't want to have a tutorial right before it.

Having a lecture before a tutorial is ok because you can skip a lecture in the worst case and possibly watch it later, read the notes or do your own self study to make up for it. Tutorials have a lot of vital information that you might not pick up on otherwise and also some of them mark attendance and might have compulsory attendance requirements in the case that you need to re sit a final exam (case in point MATH1XY1).

Avoid massive gaps in your timetable. Depending on the type of person, if you have a long day you might bludge for quite a bit at uni. Also you might tire yourself out so by the time you get to that final class of the day you won't bother and will start losing motivation to stay behind a few hours for a one hour class.
Thanks for your advice, really do appreciate it :) I also have a question, is it disadvantageous to have your tutorials FIRST in the week and your LECTURES later? Disadvantageous as in, not being able to understand the content properly?

Parvee

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
HSC
Thanks for your advice, really do appreciate it :) I also have a question, is it disadvantageous to have your tutorials FIRST in the week and your LECTURES later? Disadvantageous as in, not being able to understand the content properly?
tutorials are based on the previous week's lectures

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC

10/10 agree with this.

That being said, having a large gap that's aligned with mates is great because you can have some down time to just chill.

the_lebtalian

HSC
Ahh chemical engineering...at least I get Wednesday off.

timetable.PNG

Also the shit thing is I'm going to be running from one side of the uni to the other between lectures ffs

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
tutorials are based on the previous week's lectures
This. Can be for even further back in weeks (2 or 3 weeks before or everything you have learnt so far in general too).

10/10 agree with this.

That being said, having a large gap that's aligned with mates is great because you can have some down time to just chill.
If you have the time for it, this works well. I had one lecture last sem on Tuesday afternoons so I would go in early and spend around 4 hours with mates for a society too. I could literally skip any Tuesday I wanted but I got a lot of stuff done on Tuesdays at uni so it was worth it.

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
If that FINS1613 tute on Thursday can be moved to either Wed or Fri, you could have a two day week!
Tbh I would either move it to Friday afternoon or not move it at all in that case. Up to omni to decide what they want to do however. Both the gaps on Wednesday and Friday are right before other tutes.

mreditor16

HSC
here's mine. anyone able to give feedback? also info about distances I will have to be travelling between each timeslot will be appreciated!!! :)

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
here's mine. anyone able to give feedback? also info about distances I will have to be travelling between each timeslot will be appreciated!!! :)

For MATH1151 you will have two exams in each tutorial for the whole semester. Might want to not have another tute right before one of them.

CLB to Physics theatre is a 3 or 4 minute walk. At least it is down hill.

Red Centre and Rex Vowels are literally a minute from each other walking.

ASB to Red Centre is about 2 minutes walking.

omni16

HSC
If that FINS1613 tute on Thursday can be moved to either Wed or Fri, you could have a two day week!
Haha, I think I'm already pretty happy with 3 days. Don't think there are any FINS1613 tutes available on Wed or Fri with vacancies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)