Powerplay - Related Texts (1 Viewer)

H

harrietttttt

Does anyone know of any articles or poems for powerplay? I'm having trouble finding really strong ones.

Thanks !

benita

HSC
Hi, I really need related texts for powerplay i was thinking about doing
A few good men (film) and am looking for a poem or even a cartoon. It would be great if someone could give me a few suggestions.

Thank you

lizzou

HSC
i dont get the idea of power pley

we've only ever talked about media fabricating the truth in class

dammit

bobthebogan

HSC
i got no fu***** clue about related texts - so ive sorta just given up.

antony is an idiott
cleopatra is a open-legged whore
ceasar is gay
enobarbas is a pedofile,

im very happy that shakespeare is dead, coz he ruined our world with his hopeless plays.

i'l probably fail my HSC, then become a REAL bogan.
FTW BOGANS FOR LIFE!

UAI goal - 100%
realistic UAI goal - RED DOT

why on earth did i even bother signing up for this website?

Last edited:

4unitfreak

HSC
I noticed there are a few people considering V for Vendetta... I did that for my first assessment task of Year 12 but I'm ditching it now because I didn't have enough to talk about. Make sure you don't retell it! Because I did and I got marked down... I think it's alright but you have to have a lot on it. I chose it because it's my favourite movie. :p

My prescribed text is After Mabo, which is a barrel of fun. :burn: My additional texts are I Have A Dream, A Clockwork Orange (the book) and Othello. For anyone who's looking for info on ACO, the site sparknotes has quite a lot. You'll have to sift through a bit to find stuff relating to powerplay, but I've found it quite useful. They also have notes on a lot of other texts.

:)

ozsunny2

HSC
Is it appropriate to use a painting or picture by random people on sites such as deviant art as a supplementary text?

Who's done that b4? and how would you reference it?

bobthebogan

HSC
dunno about random paintings, but as long as you have the painter's name, should be ok.

chek out political cartoons, ur teacher will think ur smart if u do one :)

FTW - BOGANS FOR LIIIIFE

u-borat

Banned
HSC
4unitfreak said:
I noticed there are a few people considering V for Vendetta... I did that for my first assessment task of Year 12 but I'm ditching it now because I didn't have enough to talk about. Make sure you don't retell it! Because I did and I got marked down... I think it's alright but you have to have a lot on it. I chose it because it's my favourite movie. :p

My prescribed text is After Mabo, which is a barrel of fun. :burn: My additional texts are I Have A Dream, A Clockwork Orange (the book) and Othello. For anyone who's looking for info on ACO, the site sparknotes has quite a lot. You'll have to sift through a bit to find stuff relating to powerplay, but I've found it quite useful. They also have notes on a lot of other texts.

:)
v for vendetta doesn't have enough to talk about? wtf are you on?

cHoWiiE!

HSC
i'm doing the sopranos (season 6 episode 86) blue comet

and niccolo machiavelli's the prince..( really good text for this module if you understand the jibberish) ..

and also im thinkn about 'Hawk Roosting' a poem... i cant think oif the poet off the top of my head..

cHoWiiE!

HSC
bobthebogan said:
chek out political cartoons, ur teacher will think ur smart if u do one :)

FTW - BOGANS FOR LIIIIFE

i doubt that..coz we just had a powerplay assignment..and some boys did warren browns cartoon... and hardly any went good in it

courtneyy

Lover of the HSC
HSC
I'm going to use an episode of Gossip Girl, showing that power play is not just restricted to politics and religion but occurs also on a more superficial level

rachelk.

HSC
ive decided to use a political speech, im not entirely sure yet which one but i figured that they would b pretty good related text, particularly with the whole political side. im also doin a propaganda Poster from ww1 :) cheers.

waaaaaah

HSC
robert brownings "My Last Duchess" for antony and cleo?

argh trials are in 4 days and i am utterly effed

waaaaaah

HSC
(i meant to ask for thoughts on that text above if anyone had any)

archmagexg

HSC
Hey I was thinking of maybe doing a WW2 poster or something calling for people to support their country and enlist. Would that be considered a good related text? I'm thinking of using it to showI guess political power/manipulation of public and question extent to which general people hold power (from syllabus). Is it a good choice?

Sebbel

HSC
I have a dream? The MLK speech? that's a set text? can you do that?

Nemo Juju

HSC
Hey i'm doing 1984 by George Orwell too!
But i'm not sure what related texts to do, so far i've thought about using Mean Girls, but i'm trying to find maybe a poem or something?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)