Powerplay - Related Texts (1 Viewer)

Smiddy

50% deaf...
HSC
HELP!!!

does anyone have any related texts for powerplay?

Smiddy

PerfectByNature

I am Jack's wasted life
HSC
i think everyones finding it hard enough to find them for themselves....
there are some good texts to do though.
just think of anything to do with powerplay, The Truman Show, Fight Club, i dont know there are heaps.
Even Animal farm by George Orwell

gloomy

moo
HSC
I am doing Cruel Intentions as a visual text, To Lucasta, Going to wars by Richard Lovelace and My Last Duchess by Robert Browning.
I know also that Air Force One works well with political power. I'm not entirely sure of any more. But i will keep you posted :uhhuh:

FinalFantasy

HSC
PerfectByNature said:
i think everyones finding it hard enough to find them for themselves....
there are some good texts to do though.
just think of anything to do with powerplay, The Truman Show, Fight Club, i dont know there are heaps.
Even Animal farm by George Orwell
o i thought truman show is used in like standard or something and ur not supposed to use it?
or maybe it's not?

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
FinalFantasy said:
o i thought truman show is used in like standard or something and ur not supposed to use it?
or maybe it's not?
It is in the Standard text list but you can use it if you want(I used Rabbitproof Fence as my additional material to Huckleberry Finn) but its not reccommended I believe. A similar question was asked in the extension english forum: http://www.boredofstudies.org/community/showthread.php?t=72303

d_a_n_z

HSC
why do people have three related texts?
Isnt it just 2 per module...?

MissSavage29

Resident Priss
HSC
i thought of a good one last night - Silence of the Lambs - there is quite a good little powerplay situation b/w Dr Hannibal and Clarrisa

nanashi

HSC
d_a_n_z said:
why do people have three related texts?
Isnt it just 2 per module...?
BOS has the right to ask how many related texts u write about
and also, somtimes one of ur texts dont really fit with the question being asked...its sorta like AOS
theres no harm done by having an extra related text

Chara

HSC
ummm.... i'm having a bit of trouble coming up with good sup. material for power play as well but i just did a speech on it and managed 2 find something half decent.....i'm not sure if it's good enough for the exams though and would appreciate any suggestions. :)

Rekkusu

Currently: Away
HSC
Indeed! The ones with Gender issues are quite good related texts. When i went to a teacher's conference thingy, they recommended using visual pictures --> relate it to the real life of that person.

HSC
Gladiator is good, especially when coupled with Antony and Cleopatra as your core text as they both examine the role of public power, that is power by popular support

LaCe

chillin, killin, illin
HSC
Remember the titans....

Powerplay:... racial theme, football as power?, what exactly is there in this movie, although there are heaps of techniques.

Damn I need something fast!

A poem or a visual text would be the best

jennylim

HSC
i know it's a big read, but if u know it like the back of your hand...

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix - seriously, so much political stuff! especially with the power of the media, belittling the opposition and so on...and then u can talk about the characterisation of Fudge and Umbridge and how powerplay is represented in a negative light (etc).

Wag the Dog - really funny satirical film, but if u watch it now it seems more like reality.

those are the 2 i'm using anyway..

cigi_k

HSC
Related Texts to Power Play

Hey everyone! :D

You may have guessed already... but i'm doing Antony and Cleaopatra for Power Play and I thought of doing the film "Elizabeth" directed by Shekhar Kapur for one of related texts. Problem is I can't find any information on it, notes, analysis or the script! ARGH! I have my Paper 2 Trials on Monday so anyone that has notes on "Elizabeth", I'd greatly appreciate it if you could help me. :)

My email is: cigi.bursa@gmail.com if anyone wants to send me anything. Thanx guys.

Cigi

P.S. My other subjects include: Mathematics, Chemistry, Modern History, Legal Studies and Turkish so if anyone needs help in those subjects feel free to email me and i'll see what i can do. :)

desdemona

HSC
watch the film

hi, why dont you just watch the film to get a thorough analysis of the text. Remember u need to respond personally to the text, not rely on someone else analysis of the text. go to the boardofstudies.com.au website and look at the marker's comments on this module for previous hsc exams. You must show ur teacher u understand the relationship between representation and text. Remember to focus on film techniques and characterisation in the text. Im doing 1984 by Orwell and im loving it. also focus on the rhuberic of the module. :)
good luck anyway. ive got my exam on wednesday..modules paper

MissSavage29

Resident Priss
HSC
cigi_k said:
Hey everyone! :D

You may have guessed already... but i'm doing Antony and Cleaopatra for Power Play and I thought of doing the film "Elizabeth" directed by Shekhar Kapur for one of related texts. Problem is I can't find any information on it, notes, analysis or the script! ARGH! I have my Paper 2 Trials on Monday so anyone that has notes on "Elizabeth", I'd greatly appreciate it if you could help me. :)

My email is: cigi.bursa@gmail.com if anyone wants to send me anything. Thanx guys.

Cigi

P.S. My other subjects include: Mathematics, Chemistry, Modern History, Legal Studies and Turkish so if anyone needs help in those subjects feel free to email me and i'll see what i can do. :)

Hey - we did Elizabeth for extension english last year (gendered language) and i doubt you will find much on it in relation to notes and analysis... And the script is impossiable to find - i spent four weeks trying to find that darn thing and could nto get it anywhere.

the only way to do this one is to watch it yourself and take you own notes on the powerplay within it -

there is some good dialogue b/w umm Geoffry Rush's character (whos name i cannot think of right now) and the other males - he is quiet dominant etc... And then there is Elizabeth herself - we were looking at language specifically but the film does portray the idea that men are more powerful (look at the fact that when she is a women she has no control over her situation - there is the board room scene where she is practically silenced - then when she becomes tuffer - she loses some of her feminailty - especially in her clothes --- THE COLOURS --- very important transformation- then there is the symbolic cutting of the hair to make her look more masculine)

hope that helps -
if u need more pm me

gloomy

moo
HSC
oh good~
im glad some one made this a sticky =D

i should edit my first post to show an entire list of movies/poems/books etc..

*shrug*

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)