Pre Uni College homebush (1 Viewer)

winteresque

HSC
I could see that PreUni students who trailed others in school works, UNSW competitions, NAPLAN, ... suddenly scored up to 20% higher (in the PreUni ASAT) than those not going to PreUni. Then I asked a PreUni student. The student admitted that he had done very similar questions to those in the ASAT trials in his 30 trials leading to this ASAT test. It turned out that they were virtually given the questions many weeks before. That is what I call a cheat. I will wait until the real SS results come out this Jul to assess further how much of a fake gain that was. I think 25% - 30% fake gain is probably about right. I think people should ask Fair Trade to investigate PreUni on this practice. It is long overdue. From what I have seen, a PreUni student at top 7% at the ASAT trial could hardly hope to enter JR. Perhaps less than a handful of PreUni students would manage to enter JR each year.
Practising is not a crime =\ When you walk into an english exam, don't your teachers give you questions similar to the ones you're about to sit? When you're revising for Physics, don't you do past papers, trial papers that are trying to be as similar to the real thing as possible?

If you're going to have a go at Pre Uni for these sorts of practices, don't forget to complain about kids who might be given Raven Matrices IQ exams and other similar "GA Questions" at school, taking Facebook tests, kids looking over their Year 12 sibling's UMAT revision... Seriously, take a look at it sometime. The resemblance is uncanny =\

If you're going to keep hating on ASAT, then please remember to hate on all the teachers out there giving their kids extra writing homework, additional maths questions and any schools that decide to buy into any IQ improvement strategies =\ They're doing the exact same thing aren't they?

Please correct me if I'm wrong though, it's been a while since I last attended Primary school ><"

R3qual

HSC
Can we please be more subtle about working for preuni?

I'll definitely tell people not to go to preuni now that I've seen warez and hflyer2. It was a poor choice coming here to defend the places you work for - now everyone thinks worse of preuni than they did before.

Last edited:

oasfree

HSC
N/A
The SS result for 2010 is out. My prediction was right. Kids who don't go to PreUni and still got similar results in this trial (when compared to PreUni students) will give PreUni students a whack! The gap is 30%. If you don't go to PreUni, scale up your ASAT trial result by 30% then compare.

It's an absolute whack! The kid I know scored about 15% higher than the PreUni student that beat him by 15% in the ASAT trial test. It's a waste of time and money to do this trial.

However I have to admit that this test gives the result similar to teh SS test profile mark. It's just that those non-Preuni kids score much higher in the real test than their PreUni ASAT result.

oasfree

HSC
N/A
PreUni is now calling parents whose kids do not go to PreUni coaching to fish information and fake their fame list of students who got SS placemet. Any one who sent their kids to the PreUni ASAT trial will be called. This is how PreUni fake their list and claim that more than 1/2 of the James Ruse students attended PreUni coaching.

I suppose many Asian parents are just too proud of their kids achievement and slip the mark and the name of the school to the caller. Parents should just tell PreUni off on this cheating practice. I wonder why the BOS or the DET or CCC did not warn coaching colleges and expose them.

randomkid123

HSC
PreUni is now calling parents whose kids do not go to PreUni coaching to fish information and fake their fame list of students who got SS placemet. Any one who sent their kids to the PreUni ASAT trial will be called. This is how PreUni fake their list and claim that more than 1/2 of the James Ruse students attended PreUni coaching.
SO TRUE
i couldnt believe how they managed to make it look like 80 people went to them in my grade when so many either went a few months in yr 4 or just sat the scholarship exam
they somehow found out i got in and wrote my name down even without consent ==;

oasfree

HSC
N/A
SO TRUE
i couldnt believe how they managed to make it look like 80 people went to them in my grade when so many either went a few months in yr 4 or just sat the scholarship exam
they somehow found out i got in and wrote my name down even without consent ==;
Probably your mum or dad told them just out of elation or a family friend/relative told them. They keep the names on their database. Even if you only come to do their free entry test to see if they would let you into their coaching class, they still keep your name. Years later, they will call to fish you out and put your name on their achievement list if you tell them about your placement. Obviously, some people will lie and tell them about successful placement just out of ego. So fake information will be put up.

momma

HSC
N/A
My son is very unhappy with his math tutor. The tutor humiliated my son in front of everyone for not knowing an answer. My son hates going to that math/GA class. He is very unhappy and cries about how he hates going to that class. I believe my son and I am marching to the head office to complain. To be fair, my son loves his English class and enjoys attending it because the teacher is good. I don't care if the teacher is a summa cum laude or holds a PhD, being knowledgeable is one thing, but possessing excellent teaching skills is another. I don't think this teacher should be teaching kids at all.

Obvious

HSC
Uni Grad
This is the funniest thread I've seen all day holy shit.

Here are a couple of gems (I recommend you read it with an Asian accent for maximum lol):

pre uni is best tutoring college in the world. we koreans know how to teach, and teach well. every year number 1 pre uni student is 100 uai/atar, that proves the greatness of the college and the korean race.

our brother korean college, C3, shines greatly in the US as well. it's also number 1 there and will not be beaten in quality. long live korea!!!
That's cause preuni has helped you before and even after 6 years of not going there you still are enjoying the high grades that preuni have bestowed upon you. Clearly this just proves the longivity of preuni's benefit.
(99.45 ATAR)
You are so ignorant, and I'm not suprised, your ATAR is low as hell. Every year, the number one tutoring centre, pre uni, produces students with far higher ATAR than you. This is because at pre uni only the best teachers who set the HSC exams or are high ranking board of studies officials are employed. They are a highly ethical and highly efficient organization. In fact, all the profits they make goes back to helping the students as they are non profit organization serving the society. They are an ISO9001 service, internationally recognise for their high quality and high standards.

Pre uni don't care about the money, they just want to help students gain a higher ATAR. It's your choice, whether you want higher ATAR with pre uni, or lower ATAR by yourself.
That's cause you go to a selective school, of course everyone gets good marks. If you attend James Ruse and you get less than 99.6, then you are an utter moron since you are selected from primary school to be already the top 0.1% of your state. Use some logics, you know it makes sense.

Preuni helps average joes like Ryan or Emily who, without Preuni's dedicated support and helping hand, could never achieve an amazing ATAR of 99.9+.
That's not cheating.

Preuni has over 60 people last year who made it into James Ruse. This year will be no different, almost every child at James Ruse is a student of the great Preuni. The trial exams are a true reflection of the students true selective marks, proving preuni's students to be the best of the state.
James Ruse was my school too. I use to attend that amazing school. Most kids there just forget that the only reason they are there in the first place is that preuni helped them get in. Most JR kids forget their roots, and think they are too big for preuni and refuse to go there for HSC tutoring. I know most JR students don't go to preuni in year 12, only a few who are not so arrogant still choose wisely.

But nevertheless, the wealth of knowledge that preuni have bestowed upon all the JR students have such long lasting effect that even 6 years later they still enjoy top percentile grades.

I never avoid the tough questions. At every post, I've defended preuni with reason and pride. But most of the other posters have unfairly slandered preuni with great prejudice.

Last edited:

Drongoski

HSC
N/A
Thanks for the post. Obvious. Very funny.

I of course read it very naturally with an Asian accent; just can't get rid of the damn thing, however hard I tried.

Last edited:

Obvious

HSC
Uni Grad
Thanks for the post. Obvious. Very funny.

I of course read it very naturally with an Asian accent; just can't get rid of it, however hard I tried.
I can't tell if you're being passive-aggressive or sincere. This wasn't meant to be offensive.

Drongoski

HSC
N/A
No no. I enjoyed reading the stuff. Not trying to be funny.

Mk0712

HSC

I suppose many Asian parents are just too proud of their kids achievement and slip the mark and the name of the school to the caller. Parents should just tell PreUni off on this cheating practice. I wonder why the BOS or the DET or CCC did not warn coaching colleges and expose them.
My son and his other friends just got their asat results and there is huge difference between results who attended Pre uni and others who didn’t

idkkdi

HSC
My son and his other friends just got their asat results and there is huge difference between results who attended Pre uni and others who didn’t
asat wasn't the most accurate for me iirc.
i kinda flunked asat.

idkkdi

HSC
It was disastrous for us as he got through OC but this asat score was even less than that
in my case, it was more likely an off day, but iirc it was like 30+ difference despite having been at pre uni haha.

Fettucine

HSC
in my case, it was more likely an off day, but iirc it was like 30+ difference despite having been at pre uni haha.
Same, for someone I know ASAT score was 230 ish
Actual selective was 250+
And James Ruse was taken off as an option only because of that ASAT score.

Mk0712

HSC
Same, for someone I know ASAT score was 230 ish
Actual selective was 250+
And James Ruse was taken off as an option only because of that ASAT score.
I can understand for me also it’s like to change choices so looking for feedback because in our case it would be 215 in OC to 192 of Asat

idkkdi

HSC
I can understand for me also it’s like to change choices so looking for feedback because in our case it would be 215 in OC to 192 of Asat
at 192 asat, i think ruse would probably not be very possible.

maybe put like sydney boys 1st choice, and go from there, ending with something in the 170-90 range as last last scenario.

if you live in a very good catchment zone, you could probably play a bit riskier.

Mk0712

HSC
at 192 asat, i think ruse would probably not be very possible.

maybe put like sydney boys 1st choice, and go from there, ending with something in the 170-90 range as last last scenario.

if you live in a very good catchment zone, you could probably play a bit riskier.
No we have just put girraween Penrith n parramatta but that also seems pot of reach

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)