Predicting what will be in it :S (1 Viewer)

jennieTalia

HSC
-may-cat- said:
what does everyone have against houses in P and H? their use of space is so cool
I don't mind the topic...

But it is sort of a no-go zone because we don't actually KNOW what they did with their space. Most of their rooms were multi-functioned with no major pieces of furniture, and a lot of the theories (and even the presence of a cubiculum) are majorly debated. I would like the atrium and that though :)
And house frontage is alright.

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
jennieTalia said:
I don't mind the topic...

But it is sort of a no-go zone because we don't actually KNOW what they did with their space. Most of their rooms were multi-functioned with no major pieces of furniture, and a lot of the theories (and even the presence of a cubiculum) are majorly debated. I would like the atrium and that though :)
And house frontage is alright.
yea! thats the whole point! that space was used differently according to purpose and who you were, client/parton relationship etc, how archetechture and decoration raised and dropped barriers on room uses depending on who you were

i think its cool, completly different way of thinking from us

heysaam

HSC
Core im hoping will be on conservation/display of human remains and ethics.
NKE to the death of AIII im hoping will be on the army
Akhenaten im hoping foreign policy
and Historical periods im rly rly wanting to be Augustus as a politician or like the settlements or something, too broad a topic! Gahhh :confused:

HSC
bradman said:
Hmm... I think it'd be easier to bs a conservation question
really? i have notes on conservation that amount to like half a page. yet i managed to bullshit 2 pages for ethics... so i guess it depends on what you learned in class...

danniface.

HSC
We never really did much on the housing in class.

Ohhh leisure activities would be gooooood!

HSC
you know what i would love.
and akhenaten question in the historical period.
coz hes my personality. and my historical period is the amenhotep III to ramsess II.
that would just be icing on the cake.
i would love a question on the econpomy for sparta too, pretty easy. and they havnt asked it. fingers crossed.

my teacher was good, he gave us the sylubus, then told us all of the points theyv already asked so we can know which ones to study =] =]

Last edited:

Justina

HSC
yep you got to choose between the Queens question and an Amenhotep III one.

You know, since 02' they've asked a question relating to the Egyptian 'empire' except for 07'.

Do you think that means they won't ask about it again?

>.< Trying to be selective with what i study as there is very little time and so much to cover.

cottonmouth

HSC
apparently.. every year they have a question on the conservation ethical issues of pompeii and herculaneum... well thats what my teacher told me.

im doing...

Hatshepsut
New Kingdom Egypt to the death of Thutmose IV
and Spartan Society to the battle of Leuctra

s2hurt

HSC
would there deffinately be a question about the delian leagure for the 25marks in greek world. would they surprise us and not include it this year.

silverfiction

HSC
-may-cat- said:
what does everyone have against houses in P and H? their use of space is so cool
yea i personally wouldnt mind a question like this because im studying it anyway =)

it would be really easy to describe each part of the house with their roman names and relate them to evidence found like in the house of the dancing faun and stuff.

i wish. :eek:

Annalisee

HSC
s2hurt said:
would there deffinately be a question about the delian leagure for the 25marks in greek world. would they surprise us and not include it this year.
There should be one on the Persian wars and one on Athenian democracy.

HSC
cottonmouth said:
apparently.. every year they have a question on the conservation ethical issues of pompeii and herculaneum... well thats what my teacher told me.
your teacher is wrong. the question comes from that section of the syllabus, but conservation or ethics haven't been asked yet.

Justina

HSC
argh <- is so unbelievable screwed :)

Can anyone suggest certain areas i should focus my study on in P & H , havent got too much time.....i know i should know the whole conservation thing, but what else?

jennieTalia

HSC
-may-cat- said:
yea! thats the whole point! that space was used differently according to purpose and who you were, client/parton relationship etc, how archetechture and decoration raised and dropped barriers on room uses depending on who you were

i think its cool, completly different way of thinking from us
True but sort of hard for them to mark because everyone could, potentially, write about different things!

Are we all using the same P&H textbook out of interest?

I can't be bothered to find mine, but it is basically red with 'cities of vesuvius' or something written on it. Bigger than a5, but smaller than a4, moderately thin.

jennieTalia

HSC
kthxbambi said:
im thinking since there has almost never been a question about the role of queens in NKE (to the death of Thut IV) there may be something on that
I doubt they will ask that. Maybe royal women or women in general...
But because of Hatshep... it would be too lengthy a response and some people would be at an advantage.

then again, who knows :)

kesh1

HSC
N/A
regerterb said:
mmm im hoping for p+h something about conservations issues or ethics pls pls pls lol
um also hopefully about leisure activities and heirachial structure of society would be excellent or...the government...anything i like P+H!!

um alexander...not sure...they could ask anything but it needs tobe general to expand on it...
persia...could be anything hoping not religion as they asked that last year...so maybe government again or ....meh dont really mind
annddd augustan ages..gosh..thats the one im scared of..i have NO idea what they could possibly ask....AH *gets back to study!*:jaw:
For alexander, how would you evaluate his relationship with the greeks...
I can't really find as much for that as I did for relationship with macedonians and non greeks..

melc47

HSC
I'm doing:

Spartan Society
Xerxes
Greece 500-440

Greece...I really hate the Ancient Athenian Politics. Its just icky! :( So If I have a choice (like i did in my trials) between the persian wars and the delian league in the time period essay, I'll so choose the wars...much more interesting.

Xerxes...I've just got to make sure I have quotes..Olmstead, Harnack, Green and all those lovely historians who I have to copy and pretend I agree. It doesn't helpt hat they often contridict themselves or just recount how much we don't know because we don't have accounts from both sides.

Sparta...I really love this topic actually! I'm feeling a little concerned about the roles of everyone in the government, but I'm off to study that right now. Public libraries are great for that.

As for scaling..I'm not sure what the deal is, but I'm sure if you do well, everything will be fine!

:p

s2hurt

HSC
what are the chances that a question about food or water system will be in there for the 4 marks question in p&h because i truely dont want to study that,

Faesy

HSC
gk0608 said:
yeh but everything they've asked has basically covered the entire syllabus so they'll have to ask similar questions again =P plus its all sort of linked, if you do economy, you have to see how social structure affected that...
i'm sort of unsure about the 'marriage customs' though. that hasn't been asked and i can't find it in my textbook...i might have to google it XD
you sound like you know what you're talking about for the rest of the course though, so you'll probably do really well =)

hmmm for P+H i'm hoping for a streetscape question somewhere =P, our trial had a similar question about pompeii's layout.
Marriage customs: one of them is said to be the Bride by Capture. Dark room, the man fetarnd for a partner and took her home.

What generally happened though, was her head was shaved to feel like a mans, she was dressed in men's clothes with sandals and lay on a bed to wait for her husband to sneak away from the Syssitia after dinner. Then they consumated the marriage and he creeps back. Hope that helped.

HSC
s2hurt said:
what are the chances that a question about food or water system will be in there for the 4 marks question in p&h because i truely dont want to study that,
well, those have been the questions from last year and the year before... i think (hope) they won't ask about that again.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)