• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Predictions for Maths Standard 2 exam? (3 Viewers)

redisdead

HSC
Feeling pretty good about maths. Got 75 in the trial which was scaled up to 90 because the test was so hard - 2nd place
It's english I'm worried about, 63 in the trial LMAO

Demons

HSC
Feeling pretty good about maths. Got 75 in the trial which was scaled up to 90 because the test was so hard - 2nd place
Nice! I was going through my CSSA trial again this morning, and I saw that the teacher marked me down in one question by 2 and the comment he gave was where's your working out but it was right there in front of him, so if I had got those marks I would've got 100, cause I got 98 just because he wasn't bothered to check my working out. I really hope they don't do that in the HSC, cause Imma organise my working out well so it's to follow so the teacher doesn't make this mistake.

ihatehsc24

HSC
Nice! I was going through my CSSA trial again this morning, and I saw that the teacher marked me down in one question by 2 and the comment he gave was where's your working out but it was right there in front of him, so if I had got those marks I would've got 100, cause I got 98 just because he wasn't bothered to check my working out. I really hope they don't do that in the HSC, cause Imma organise my working out well so it's to follow so the teacher doesn't make this mistake.
Dw they won't do that in the HSC. You'll defo get 98+ (hopefully 100) in the HSC.

redisdead

HSC
Sorry that happened but it sounds like you did pretty well otherwise! Hopefully we both do well in the exam

redisdead

HSC
your school scales your tests?
Depending on what the average was like the average in the trial was like 40 which is unusual for maths standard so they scaled everyone up - also the kid who originally got 1st was doing a different make up, easier test so he was scaled down

Demons

HSC
Depending on what the average was like the average in the trial was like 40 which is unusual for maths standard so they scaled everyone up - also the kid who originally got 1st was doing a different make up, easier test so he was scaled down
bro that's so good. What test did you do? was it made by your school?

susmaster24

HSC
Yeah what the hell I have never heard of internal scaling before. I mean, back in my parents aeon they placed everyone on a bell curve and scaled marks accordingly; but that only happens in university and even ATAR scaling doesn't work like that. Why would your school scale marks internally ?? isn't it just on rank?

WhoseAdam

HSC
tf u mean internal scaling wtf that
😭😭 thats so unfair

Demons

HSC
I think they meant that, the level of performance required to get a 75 in their exam is the same performance which would get a 90 in the external HSC.

ihatehsc24

HSC
I think they meant that, the level of performance required to get a 75 in their exam is the same performance which would get a 90 in the external HSC.
Yeah that would make sense then, hopefully my trial mark would have been scaled to 90 in external

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)