Prelim 2015 Chit Chat Thread (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Graceuf

HSC
oh keep going!! im sure itll get better exponentially dont get disheartened at first! :)

i heard a nice piece rcently and thought hey i wanna play that its so nice. I hadnt played piano for about 8 weeks... but after 6 days of like hour long sessions i can play about half quite slowly and crappily. after the first time i was very disheartened that i wasnt a teenage prodigy that could sight read and play perfect stuff instantly xD now not so much :)
Yeah. I'm perciveering. A friend and I learnt a piano duet of Wings of Freedom which is possibly one of the hardest things I've ever learnt but we spent a term with hour long practices together every week and our own patctices at home and we got to perform it last term and it was so awesome to play it. All the hard work paid off.

It certainly didn't go perfectly (fast arpeggios suck) but with two pianos playing no one could tell! But after learning that I have this idea in my head that I can literally play anything I set my mind to. So all the sheet music I found too hard earlier is now getting re-looked at. [emoji14]

Sien

将来: NEET
HSC
yesteday :p

yeaaahhhh it was so goood omg
we just started at town hall went round towards barangaroo under the bridge to the rocks and circular quay then just chilled for a long time in the botanic gardens. and eventually going to the MCA and then home

i was so nervous beforehand but when we met it all went away!
I sorta cant even believe that he went out with me (even as a friend), like we're not even that close or talked that much before

im sure that i didnt, but i cant help thinking that i ruined all my chances (becuase i am a paranoid pathetic hormonal little twerp when it comes to these things) because of the last texts i sent, where i was all excited that there was a friggin WHALE outside of my house in the water and he was just like 'So..'
i died a little inside but oh well
its probably nothing
or is it
idk
halp

soz i just ranted XD sorry you guys probs arent interested heh
That date sounds pree fun :p
Still waiting for me to like someone....
Single + no crush

Kittyrules

I'm your density
HSC
Yeah. I'm perciveering. A friend and I learnt a piano duet of Wings of Freedom which is possibly one of the hardest things I've ever learnt but we spent a term with hour long practices together every week and our own patctices at home and we got to perform it last term and it was so awesome to play it. All the hard work paid off.

It certainly didn't go perfectly (fast arpeggios suck) but with two pianos playing no one could tell! But after learning that I have this idea in my head that I can literally play anything I set my mind to. So all the sheet music I found too hard earlier is now getting re-looked at. [emoji14]
yes thats the spirit!
i wish i could learn a piano duet!!!!! that sounds so cool <3 and im sure it was fantastic
and yes fast arpeggios >.< i tried learning rhapsody in blue thing and got one page in because of the notreallyarpeggiothingthatwassofastthatkilledme
yeah im actually so happy that i stuck through 10 years of piano. its so good to be at the stage where you can learn pieces by yourself without a visiting a teacher every week (even though sometimes i do feel like getting one every now and then).
i feel like playing piano now haha

Graceuf

HSC
yes thats the spirit!
i wish i could learn a piano duet!!!!! that sounds so cool .< i tried learning rhapsody in blue thing and got one page in because of the notreallyarpeggiothingthatwassofastthatkilledme
yeah im actually so happy that i stuck through 10 years of piano. its so good to be at the stage where you can learn pieces by yourself without a visiting a teacher every week (even though sometimes i do feel like getting one every now and then).
i feel like playing piano now haha
Piano duets are hard work but SO rewarding. I would show you our performance if I could I'm that proud of it. But the only snippet I have is horrible quality but the entire thing was filmed by school and I really want to see it to see how we went.

I'm still learning piano skills [emoji14] My piano teacher retired a few year ago and we haven't found one nearly as good as her. I don't mind not having lessons though. I think I have the skills to be able to play and learn as I go. It's great. :)

Sien

HSC
On the topic of pianos, I can't wait to quit piano after hsc cuz I'm so sick of playing classical songs... after I quit, I can play the songs I enjoy

Kittyrules

I'm your density
HSC
That date sounds pree fun :p
Still waiting for me to like someone....
Single + no crush
you'll find them dont worry <3
but really having a crush is not that much of a good feeling (most of the time). lots of time wasted stalking online and thinking about them, anxiety about everything you do in front of them, the agonising wait for a reply... just arhg. but its still nice, in spite all that :)

Piano duets are hard work but SO rewarding. I would show you our performance if I could I'm that proud of it. But the only snippet I have is horrible quality but the entire thing was filmed by school and I really want to see it to see how we went.

I'm still learning piano skills [emoji14] My piano teacher retired a few year ago and we haven't found one nearly as good as her. I don't mind not having lessons though. I think I have the skills to be able to play and learn as I go. It's great. :)
oh thats soo cool, im happy that your proud of it! i love that feeling, where all your hard work worked out in the end :)
yah~ good on ya :D

Graceuf

HSC
On the topic of pianos, I can't wait to quit piano after hsc cuz I'm so sick of playing classical songs... after I quit, I can play the songs I enjoy
It's great. I now spend all my time learning anime/movie themes.

WrittenLoveLetters

배고파
HSC
I stopped piano and violin when I was in Year 6, I never had the touch for music that was part of a criteria (also why I never "levelled up" in examinations). Last thing I played was a song from Totoro in year 8

Kittyrules

I'm your density
HSC
oh nooo its not good that piano, something you should enjoy makes you feel that way!
but if you play the songs you enjoy, you wont really be quitting piano :p cant you learn some of the songs you want on the side? you would have to practise them less than your others and maybe by yourself, but it would make piano more worthwhile for you i guess

Graceuf

HSC
you'll find them dont worry <3
but really having a crush is not that much of a good feeling (most of the time). lots of time wasted stalking online and thinking about them, anxiety about everything you do in front of them, the agonising wait for a reply... just arhg. but its still nice, in spite all that :)

oh thats soo cool, im happy that your proud of it! i love that feeling, where all your hard work worked out in the end :)
yah~ good on ya :D
Yeah. I'm basically just really stuck up. [emoji14]

But judging that the piano performance before that I broke down in tears, I consider it an achievement. [emoji14]

Sien

HSC
oh nooo its not good that piano, something you should enjoy makes you feel that way!
but if you play the songs you enjoy, you wont really be quitting piano :p cant you learn some of the songs you want on the side? you would have to practise them less than your others and maybe by yourself, but it would make piano more worthwhile for you i guess
I mean quit doing ameb lol
I often try to restrain myself from learning songs I like because I get addicted (sometimes 4hrs straight if the song is that good) and I end up neglecting the examination pieces

Kittyrules

I'm your density
HSC
I mean quit doing ameb lol
I often try to restrain myself from learning songs I like because I get addicted (sometimes 4hrs straight if the song is that good) and I end up neglecting the examination pieces
i know, it was a very weak pitiful joke of mine lol i did that in year 7, when i realised that passing grade 8 was not worth it, and its so good. so yeah, enjoy it after hsc i guess!

fair enough.

good luck with your AMus by the way!!!! when's your exam?

Sien

HSC
i know, it was a very weak pitiful joke of mine lol i did that in year 7, when i realised that passing grade 8 was not worth it, and its so good. so yeah, enjoy it after hsc i guess!

fair enough.

good luck with your AMus by the way!!!! when's your exam?
Probably next yr Oct, tbh I don't think I'm gonna pass

Kittyrules

I'm your density
HSC
man, thats right when the HSC is...(i think?) :///

hey im sure that you have the ability to, you just gotta practise and practise. even though you've probably heard it a million times, try find a positive outlook it, remember, 'if you put your mind to it, you can accomplish anything!' :)

blackbird_14

HSC
Good luck for your exam (like more than a year in advance lol). I don't do grade examinations- I hate having to work on the same piece for like 3 months and all the general knowledge about the composer and stuff like that. When I'm preparing for performances at school I get bored practising the piece after 6-8 weeks lol.

And playing songs other than pre 20th century songs (aka "pop songs") redeem me from the torture of trying to play a baroque piece with tons of ornaments and crap I really don't wanna play.

Last edited:

blackbird_14

HSC
Currently failing at trying to learn a song for my music prac. 5 bars in after half an hour. Wooh!
Currently failing to write a 64 bar long sonata. (Like seriously, we're in Year 11 and you want us to write a SONATA? I mean seriously?) It sounds like utter crap I swear.

Kittyrules

I'm your density
HSC
Currently failing to write a 64 bar long sonata. (Like seriously, we're in Year 11 and you want us to write a SONATA? I mean seriously?) It sounds like utter crap I swear.
omg wow sounds hard but fun. good luck!
still beats having to write a speech, creative and annotated biblio about post colonialism

Graceuf

HSC
I'm now mentally praising my music teacher for only making us write a small composition for a musical. Which I really should start...

Sien

HSC
Good luck for your exam (like more than a year in advance lol). I don't do grade examinations- I hate having to work on the same piece for like 3 months and all the general knowledge about the composer and stuff like that. When I'm preparing for performances at school I get bored practising the piece after 6-8 weeks lol.

And playing songs other than pre 20th century songs (aka "pop songs") redeem me from the torture of trying to play a baroque piece with tons of ornaments and crap I really don't wanna play.
Feels too stronk I absolutely HATE classical songs that ameb makes me play....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)