Prelim 2015 Chit Chat Thread (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Graceuf

HSC
Ski trip?? The pdhpe classes went last week and a kid got hit in the eye with the skiing stick. His eye was bleeding....
That's a great story to tell...

But yes. I'm skiing but people are snowboarding as well. Ours is just the 'annual Year 11 snowtrip'. And hopefully no eyes will be poked...

blackbird_14

HSC
I'm hoping we well. It's really just most of my friends going plus another group of friends. Plus apparently there's really good food and there's actually snow and it's my first proper snow trip and I'm very excited... :p
I'm just *a little* jelly. We went to Jindabyne in year 9 in like October, but although we saw snow, it was nowhere near the amount of snow for a proper snow trip. I wanna go skiing :)

And you can't skip past the food. Food is life!

Graceuf

HSC
I'm just *a little* jelly. We went to Jindabyne in year 9 in like October, but although we saw snow, it was nowhere near the amount of snow for a proper snow trip. I wanna go skiing :)

And you can't skip past the food. Food is life!
Hehe. I've been waiting for this trip since Year 7. We went to the snow in Year 5 when we went to Canberra but it was more packed ice than anything. It wasn't that fun.

To be honest, I'm a little nervous about skiing. I've never been before but I've been told it's easier than snowboarding and since I've incredibly uncoordinated I liked that idea. :p

Sien

将来: NEET
HSC
My school is going in a few wks but I'm not going :p
For those who are going to the snow and have never skied, heres ma 2cents
From my personal experience, when you initially start you can't even move properly without falling down but I'm assuming you have the sticks which I wasn't blessed with when I started. Once you enter the mountains, have someone kinda drag you up to flat ground because the 'entrance' is kinda slopy tbh I tried to 'walk' up to flat ground with my skis on, I slid backwards and fell gg the problem is when you fall it's so fkn hard to get back up cuz your skiis is screwing your balance up and it's like half your height too. But yea, after you skii around on the amature slops, you can get realz

Last edited:

Graceuf

HSC
My school is going in a few wks but I'm not going [emoji14]
For those who are going to the snow and have never skied, heres ma 2cents
From my personal experience, when you initially start you can't even move properly without falling down but I'm assuming you have the sticks which I wasn't blessed with when I started. Once you enter the mountains, have someone kinda drag you up to flat ground because the 'entrance' is kinda slopy tbh I tried to 'walk' up to flat ground with my skis on, I slid backwards and fell gg the problem is when you fall it's so fkn hard to get back up cuz your skiis is screwing your balance up and it's like half your height too. But yea, after you skii around on the amature slops, you can get realz
Yeah. I've come to terms with the fact that I'm going to come home very sore for 3 reasons.

1. I'm going to fall over a lot.
2. We have 6 lessons over 5 days and I'm not fit enough to deal with that.
3. A total 20 hours on a mini bus. (Actually it'd be more getting to the slopes but I don't like long trips...)

blackbird_14

HSC
Yeah. I've come to terms with the fact that I'm going to come home very sore for 3 reasons.

1. I'm going to fall over a lot.
2. We have 6 lessons over 5 days and I'm not fit enough to deal with that.
3. A total 20 hours on a mini bus. (Actually it'd be more getting to the slopes but I don't like long trips...)
Not to mention no sleep either- school trips are synomous with sleepless nights!

DatAtarLyfe

Booty Connoisseur
HSC
Well its lights out by 11 and up at 5-6 in the morning so I'm going to be getting as much sleep as possible. [emoji39]
Pleb. Everyone knows that lights out means you sneak into the chicks cabins and play spin the bottle.

Graceuf

HSC
Pleb. Everyone knows that lights out means you sneak into the chicks cabins and play spin the bottle.
Lel. I don't know what school trips you go on! [emoji39]

But judging that all the guys going are either people I never talk to or some of my closest freinds, I don't think that's going to happen. [emoji13]

Speed6

Retired '16
HSC
N/A
Quick qstn regarding maths. For MX1 general solns, do you always substitute the first solution (degree) you get OR the first solution disregarding the fact that it is any arbitrary number e.g . So you get 70 first even though there is a 20 in there which is the lowest (for the sake of an example). Thanks guys.

DatAtarLyfe

Booty Connoisseur
HSC
Lel. I don't know what school trips you go on! [emoji39]

But judging that all the guys going are either people I never talk to or some of my closest freinds, I don't think that's going to happen. [emoji13]
Well thats a shame. True story: I hooked up with one of my future gf's at the time at camp last year, where we did the exact same thing i just said. Couple of the guys and i sneaked out at 12 into the chicks cabin and yeh, it went down ;)

DatAtarLyfe

Booty Connoisseur
HSC
Quick qstn regarding maths. For MX1 general solns, do you always substitute the first solution (degree) you get OR the first solution disregarding the fact that it is any arbitrary number e.g . So you get 70 first even though there is a 20 in there which is the lowest (for the sake of an example). Thanks guys.
Soz bro, not sure what your trying to say. Can you take a pic or something of the question?

Graceuf

HSC
Well thats a shame. True story: I hooked up with one of my future gf's at the time at camp last year, where we did the exact same thing i just said. Couple of the guys and i sneaked out at 12 into the chicks cabin and yeh, it went down ;)
If something like this happens I will probably laugh. Because the guys who are going... God that'd be funny.

blackbird_14

HSC
And we all know that lights out means turn the lights off and play murder in the dark or continue talking. One camp our lights out was at 10pm. No one turned off their lights till 11, and one cabin stayed up till 1am and the teachers didn't care.

And I'm sure at a all girls school spin the bottle would be as popular as at a co-ed :p

Graceuf

HSC
And we all know that lights out means turn the lights off and play murder in the dark or continue talking. One camp our lights out was at 10pm. No one turned off their lights till 11, and one cabin stayed up till 1am and the teachers didn't care.

And I'm sure at a all girls school spin the bottle would be as popular as at a co-ed [emoji14]
You guys really underestimate how highly I appreciate sleep. [emoji39]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)