Prelim 2015 Chit Chat Thread (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

teridax

HSC
N/A
What's wrong with a Christian drinking beers
Even though I'm not Christian, from what I've researched from historical articles and reading the Bible myself, they said that drinking is not sinful, but it's the act of getting drunk that's morally wrong.

At least that's what I interpreted from datatarlyfe.

MilkyCat_

HSC
Meh not really, im pree concrete on my goal atm, cause im really set on getting dat scholarship.
Plus i'm hoping to get boosted by bonus points, lol UNSW has sooo many bonus point options. Hoping that even if i get 94.90, i can get dat 5 extra bonus points. Do you know with my degree i can get 3 bonus points if i get an e4 for MX2??!!! Fucking insane
Btw, what happens if get 5 bonus points and my atar is 95, do i get 99.95 atar?
Your atar doesn't change. Some universities have bonus points schemes where they internally give you extra points, but really your atar doesn't change

Kittyrules

I'm your density
HSC
oOMFG SORRY TO GET ON A TANGENT HERE but i got friggin nominated for an interveiw for a german exchange scholarship WOOOOOOOT! im so excited! hopefully i can smash the interview and go there for free <3 omgggggg

and good luck to everyone with your atar goals.... dal, man, get that scholarship!

DatAtarLyfe

Booty Connoisseur
HSC
Yeah, that's frustrating to me as well but that just shows that Christianity, whilst a powerful force, is slowly decaying in terms of its hegemonic value. Doesn't mean I discount the existence of a god though (I'm a fence sitting agnostic - just wasn't brought up in that environment).

What would you call yourself then?
yeh i believe in god but im not christian.
Completely agree, the values of Christianity are decaying and it's just become some sort of fad to have the title of "Christian".

DatAtarLyfe

Booty Connoisseur
HSC
Your atar doesn't change. Some universities have bonus points schemes where they internally give you extra points, but really your atar doesn't change
I know you atar doesn't change, it's only extra points for entry into the uni. I wanna know if i get 99.95 using the bonus points, will i still be qualified for the scholarship, or do you actually have to get 99.95?

WrittenLoveLetters

배고파
HSC
I know you atar doesn't change, it's only extra points for entry into the uni. I wanna know if i get 99.95 using the bonus points, will i still be qualified for the scholarship, or do you actually have to get 99.95?
Well bonus points help you get a higher selection rank. The selection rank is what you need to get into the course.

For some such as the Co-Op programs in business, you need a raw ATAR mark of 97 without the help of bonus points :)

DatAtarLyfe

Booty Connoisseur
HSC
Even though I'm not Christian, from what I've researched from historical articles and reading the Bible myself, they said that drinking is not sinful, but it's the act of getting drunk that's morally wrong.

At least that's what I interpreted from datatarlyfe.
Yeh i was refering to getting drunk and basically doing nothing useful at all.

DatAtarLyfe

Booty Connoisseur
HSC
but if you're a theist, are you attached to any religion out of curiosity?
Hard to imagine this but my religion actually tells me to be theist. Im a hindu, and were notoriously known for our gazillion gods but the one fact that all hindus overlook that it's said in our scriptures that there is only one god and all these different gods are just manifestation of the same god.

Sien

将来: NEET
HSC
Lol, my atar goal has been changed so many times. Originally i wanted to do civil engineering at UNSW, which was a 91.20 atar. Then i was like, "oh, lets do a double in civil and architecture cause they go hand in hand" which requires a 95 atar. Then i realised i suck at drawing and shit, plus i wanted to do my engineering degree and another degree which i enjoyed so i decided to do advanced mathematics, which requires 95 as well. Finally i realised this shit is gonna be expensive so i need a scholarship and it turns out you get an automatics scholarship from UNSW if you get 99.90, so now my goal is the full 99.95 :haha:
Dudee if I get into engo in unsw we'll be in the faculty :p
So if you don't get 99.95 are you gonna buy us frozen coke like milfy lol

DatAtarLyfe

Booty Connoisseur
HSC
Dudee if I get into engo in unsw we'll be in the faculty :p
So if you don't get 99.95 are you gonna buy us frozen coke like milfy lol
Oh thats real cool!! We gonna be doing that engineering
Fuck no, you guys should shout me KFC if i get it. You can get frozen cokes from Milfy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WrittenLoveLetters

배고파
HSC
Oh thats real cool!! We gonna be doing that engineering
Fuck no, you guys should shout me KFC if i get it. You can get frozen cokes from Milfy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We should all meet up at the walkway where all the Engineering faculties are, to celebrate at the end! Well, only if you guys are UNSW dreamers

blackbird_14

HSC
are there any subjects i can pick up in yr12? I want an extra subject to play safe and drop business studies
You can pick up senior science in year 12- doesn't require the prelim course to be completed cause you've done a science prelim in year 11.

Last edited:

Graceuf

HSC
unsw dreamer. uws reality
//tears rolls
You can do it!!!! :D

I'm aiming for UNSW but it's more of a mental "I can go there", when in reality I'm too lazy to travel. I think I'll still go to the open days and stuff next year to decide if I want to make the effort.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)