Prelim 2015 Chit Chat Thread (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

blackbird_14

HSC
Don't get me started on the keyboard. Well technically it's a digital piano but still.

Long story short. There was no way we were going to get proper pianos. Our school has 3, but our school is currently getting renovations and there was no way to get them over there. So my friend who's playing with me brought her digital piano because she was comfortable with playing that and we needed another piano. And I was going to play the schools proper upright digital piano.

Then the Sunday before the show I was at school to help set up (which was also full of issues) and they didn't have the piano I said I was going to play. So we freaking CARRIED IT FROM MUSIC!! Thats 2 ramps, 2 sets of stairs and then up onto stage. Not. Fun. But I was going to play a proper(ish) piano.

Monday morning rolls around. We have rehearsals. Music teacher comes in. Sees it there. Gets someone to carry it back...

Okay. So that wasn't that short but yeah.
Have you tried moving percussion off the stage? I swear, every year we need to move percussion somewhere, a leg from the marimbas falls off and we're struggling to lift it so that someone else can fix the leg back on. And then there's the year 7-9's being used as child labour to move chairs and instruments into place for rehearsals for music concerts :D I'm so glad I'm not one of them anymore #privilegesofbeingaseniormusicstudent

DatAtarLyfe

Booty Connoisseur
HSC
tbh, i dont have too much to study for prelims. Maths im already set, i know a lot of the content for phys and chem (it's just that i want to complete the notes for them, just so i can revise everything thoroughly), im quite good at the calculations for engineering but don't know any theory. The two that are gonna kill me, like Sien said, are english and business. English is not too bad, just gonna go over the modules, remember quotes and key ideas and then write practice essays.
Business however is a complete different story. I have no motivation or interest in studying it and there is SSSSSOOOOOOOOO much content to go through and im just cbs and i can already tell im not gonna study in time for prelims
Lol, even though my strongest subjects are maths and the sciences, i put the most amount of energy into them even though i should be working on other shit.

Graceuf

HSC
Have you tried moving percussion off the stage? I swear, every year we need to move percussion somewhere, a leg from the marimbas falls off and we're struggling to lift it so that someone else can fix the leg back on. And then there's the year 7-9's being used as child labour to move chairs and instruments into place for rehearsals for music concerts :D I'm so glad I'm not one of them anymore #privilegesofbeingaseniormusicstudent
I avoid drums at all cost. I'm pretty sure I'd break something.

And at least you have 7-9 child labour. We have no super commited music students to carry on our leagacy once we leave, which also means that we have to pack up and move anything. Then again, we can be touchy about our instruments and other people touching them. [emoji14]

#touchmyclarinetifyouwanttodie

Sien

将来: NEET
HSC
tbh, i dont have too much to study for prelims. Maths im already set, i know a lot of the content for phys and chem (it's just that i want to complete the notes for them, just so i can revise everything thoroughly), im quite good at the calculations for engineering but don't know any theory. The two that are gonna kill me, like Sien said, are english and business. English is not too bad, just gonna go over the modules, remember quotes and key ideas and then write practice essays.
Business however is a complete different story. I have no motivation or interest in studying it and there is SSSSSOOOOOOOOO much content to go through and im just cbs and i can already tell im not gonna study in time for prelims
Lol, even though my strongest subjects are maths and the sciences, i put the most amount of energy into them even though i should be working on other shit.
whoa you finished yr12 topics for chem and physics holy shiet

Sien

HSC
are there any subjects i can pick up in yr12? I want an extra subject to play safe and drop business studies

WrittenLoveLetters

배고파
HSC
are there any subjects i can pick up in yr12? I want an extra subject to play safe and drop business studies
You can pick up extensions of a subject, but you can not pick up new subjects like Legal or Drama for example.

I recommend keeping HSC Business, it's pretty bomb. I understand the hate for Preliminary Business, I had to suffer that shit for 2 years

matchalolz

HSC
it's mostly english and business that's really killing me
holy fuck this was me at the end of year 11
not to sound negative or anything but you should definitely drop business if you get the chance... I managed to pick up my game in english coz it's compulsory but if you're like me and struggle to learn copious amounts of content specifically attached to certain syllabus dot-points then definitely drop business
I've literally resorted to cutting up the syllabus into tiny strips and trying to piece them together just so I can better understand how things fit together :spzz: luckily my desired uni course only requires 91 or so coz bonus points

// rant over

teridax

HSC
N/A
not to sound negative or anything but you should definitely drop business if you get the chance... I managed to pick up my game in english coz it's compulsory but if you're like me and struggle to learn copious amounts of content specifically attached to certain syllabus dot-points then definitely drop business
I've literally resorted to cutting up the syllabus into tiny strips and trying to piece them together just so I can better understand how things fit together :spzz: luckily my desired uni course only requires 91 or so coz bonus points

// rant over
rofl

but that's with any humanities and science subject in which you must rote learn a fuckload of content - economics i know for a fact is the most content-heavy (maybe modern history is second but yeh) :haha:

hence why engrish and maffs ain't bad coz you can just practice :D (then again, i don't really memorise essays haha)

WrittenLoveLetters

배고파
HSC

// rant over
I definitely agree with the amount of content. But that's most, if not, every humanities subject :p

I didn't struggle with learning content because you keep practising past papers that eventually it's all common sense now.

However, Human Resources, holy fucking shit LOL

Economics though, holy fuck, my anus.

Sien

HSC

// rant over
only.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)