Prelim 2015 Chit Chat Thread (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Graceuf

HSC
Hahahah! Thank you :) I have externals left. So I'll try my hardest in the next three months to really attain that Band 6 HSC mark :D

And really, my mum was like "At least you kept writing and writing and you didn't give up."
Study your butt off and you can do it!!!

And your mum's right. As soon as you give up, you have no chance.

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
And if I'm not first? [emoji39]
Then there are some things which you can't control.

I know people who were only a few assessment marks from me, and their ranking was down in the 20s. Just because we have so many people coming 2nd and so on, so on.

I really hope that I stay in the top 5. But I highly doubt it now.

I guess, all I can do from here on is to try get as close to full marks in the HSC external. I can't go back and fix all my mistakes in the last two internals.

I just hope that my performance in Business Studies will not stop me from getting my ideal ATAR.

But I'm just a bit crushed at the fact that I maintained 2nd for so long until now.

Do you think it would still be possible to hit the 90 mark for the HSC mark?
Until your mark comes back, it's all speculation so I wouldn't panic (yet).

If we use your school's historical performance in Business, it seems like there are at least around 15 - 20 band 6s in the subject (combining the Year 12s and the accelerants) so a 90+ mark looks expected at the moment.

Sien

将来: NEET
HSC
Tbh I just hope I won't be asked to describe places or I'm well and truely fked

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

WrittenLoveLetters

배고파
HSC
Then there are some things which you can't control.

Until your mark comes back, it's all speculation so I wouldn't panic (yet).

If we use your school's historical performance in Business, it seems like there are at least around 15 - 20 band 6s in the subject (combining the Year 12s and the accelerants) so a 90+ mark looks expected at the moment.
Thanks for talking about it with me ^^ It kind of helps me understand that ranking is important.
Aaah...man, most of my ranks are in the 10s in most of my subjects
Except for Economics.
Economics is 1st/2nd. And I usually keep pretty consistent (comparing my Prelim & HSC business)

I'll just have to rekt in externals :D

Sien

HSC
Night guys, an unbearable wave of tiredness just washed over me (do you liek ma imagery )

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
Also, whilst historical data/past performance provides realistic aims, historical data is definitely not the be all and end all.

I remember for the 2012 Business cohort at my school:
- The highest overall HSC mark was 92 (achieved by a Year 12, who wasn't first internally) and the accelerant (who was first internally) got 91.

So basically I predicted that I was confined to a 90-92.

Then in my cohort:
- The highest overall HSC mark was 96 (which I got, and I was internally 2nd - I had a 95 exam mark [externals]/96 assessment mark [internals]). Not too sure what the accelerant (who was internally first) got as an overall HSC mark but there was definitely someone below us internally who got 96 (or perhaps even higher) as their exam mark.

So anything can happen.

WrittenLoveLetters

배고파
HSC
Also, whilst historical data/past performance provides realistic aims, historical data is definitely not the be all and end all.

I remember for the 2012 Business cohort at my school:
- The highest overall HSC mark was 92 (achieved by a Year 12, who wasn't first internally) and the accelerant (who was first internally) got 91.

So basically I predicted that I was confined to a 90-92.

Then in my cohort:
- The highest overall HSC mark was 96 (which I got, and I was internally 2nd - I had a 95 exam mark [externals]/96 assessment mark [internals]). Not too sure what the accelerant (who was internally first) got as an overall HSC mark but there was definitely someone below us internally who got 96 (or perhaps even higher) as their exam mark.

So anything can happen.
Thanks for the insight :)
Man, rankings is so confusing. But oh well!

I'll have to be proactive and work super hard for my external :D

DatAtarLyfe

Booty Connoisseur
HSC
I feel so left out, freakin came like 4 hrs late to the party.
Cbs reading past posts, WLL, 100% or am i gonna whoop your ass?

WrittenLoveLetters

배고파
HSC
I feel so left out, freakin came like 4 hrs late to the party.
Cbs reading past posts, WLL, 100% or am i gonna whoop your ass?
Test was hard, I just feel like I didn't do that great after the exam, even though when I opened the paper, I was like "Aye, I know all of this".

DatAtarLyfe

Booty Connoisseur
HSC
Test was hard, I just feel like I didn't do that great after the exam, even though when I opened the paper, I was like "Aye, I know all of this".
Bullshit, if you said you knew this then you should be fine.
It's ok, you still have the external HSC to go.

WrittenLoveLetters

배고파
HSC
Bullshit, if you said you knew this then you should be fine.
It's ok, you still have the external HSC to go.
Just the essay was a bit of a killer. I felt like I wasn't that good overall in my essay.
Some little tricky questions.
But I just feel down, don't know why.

Yeah :) Externals!

My trial was difficult to understand to be honest, a little confusing. The HSC papers make more sense to me.
And previous CSSA papers that I practised with had better questions (in regards to layout and how they are asked) and was so much easier.

Some Year 12 gave up 1 hour and 30 minutes in, I think he saw the essay options and just left it and went to sleep.

DatAtarLyfe

Booty Connoisseur
HSC
Just the essay was a bit of a killer. I felt like I wasn't that good overall in my essay.
Some little tricky questions.
But I just feel down, don't know why.

Yeah :) Externals!

My trial was difficult to understand to be honest, a little confusing. The HSC papers make more sense to me.
And previous CSSA papers that I practised with had better questions (in regards to layout and how they are asked) and was so much easier.

Some Year 12 gave up 1 hour and 30 minutes in, I think he saw the essay options and just left it and went to sleep.
Lol, you always have those ppl that are just like nah i aint doing this, and just sleep through the whole thing.
Dw, you'll come first in your grade, guarantee.

Sien

HSC
Had a mini heart attack because I got an uac letter today. Thought I had an N award from business studies

WrittenLoveLetters

배고파
HSC
Had a mini heart attack because I got an uac letter today. Thought I had an N award from business studies

LOL N awards won't come from UAC, maybe from Board of Studies or your school instead?

What did you get the UAC letter for?

I'm not sure if Accelerated kids need to do anything with UAC, all I know is that our school handles stuff for us.

Sien

HSC
LOL N awards won't come from UAC, maybe from Board of Studies or your school instead?

What did you get the UAC letter for?

I'm not sure if Accelerated kids need to do anything with UAC, all I know is that our school handles stuff for us.
the letter inside contained a step by step application process and a uac pin. Then it was like dw about it if you're not in yr12 in 2015 cuz you're an accelerated kid. i was like dafaq why send me a letter then

WrittenLoveLetters

배고파
HSC
the letter inside contained a step by step application process and a uac pin. Then it was like dw about it if you're not in yr12 in 2015 cuz you're an accelerated kid. i was like dafaq why send me a letter then
Yeah! I just got it and opened it.
LOL I was like "Wow, at least tell me that I need this same UAC pin in future" LOL

Chris_S

HSC
Wow You guys are in year 11 and get a letter from UAC and I haven't yet lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)