Prelim 2015 Chit Chat Thread (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
My co-hort is really strong in Business Studies. I was rank 2 out of 60 with 48/50.
But after Finance assessment and Trials, I might be rank 20-something with an internal mark of about 90/100.

Would that still be okay?

And it was CSSA
Whilst historical performance cannot accurately predict future performance, it's really hard to tell how strong one's cohort is really. I guess everyone would hope that their cohort is actually strong.

I'd just worry about your internal rank compared to your overall internal mark (some schools mark tough and set harder assessments, others mark easy and set less challenging assessments, etc.)

What's your aim for HSC Business Studies?

Yeah, CSSA tends to be tough compared to most school-written papers.

Graceuf

HSC
Stupid question.

Your cohort is only the people in your course right? Or is it your whole year group?

WrittenLoveLetters

배고파
HSC
Whilst historical performance cannot accurately predict future performance, it's really hard to tell how strong one's cohort is really. I guess everyone would hope that their cohort is actually strong.

I'd just worry about your internal rank compared to your overall internal mark (some schools mark tough and set harder assessments, others mark easy and set less challenging assessments, etc.)

What's your aim for HSC Business Studies?

Yeah, CSSA tends to be tough compared to most school-written papers.
For Externals? 95+

Overall, I'm looking at trying to attain a 93+ ATAR. I just...wow I don't know anymore.

My first 3 assessments were strong (all 95 - 97%), but I fell on the 4th one with an 80% and I just don't feel confident about my trials, no matter how hard I studied for it.

Last edited:

Kittyrules

I'm your density
HSC
Stupid question.

Your cohort is only the people in your course right? Or is it your whole year group?
i think it depends on context. When you say that your school ranking is no.3 and your say, the cohort that year was strong, then that means the whole grade. But when you say, you are competeing against your cohort, it means the people in your course. im pretty sure

Graceuf

HSC
i think it depends on context. When you say that your school ranking is no.3 and your say, the cohort that year was strong, then that means the whole grade. But when you say, you are competeing against your cohort, it means the people in your course. im pretty sure
Phew. Well my school ranking is going to be crap but at least my course cohort might be okay...

Okay. Probs not. Except 4U next year. I'm gonna be coming 2/2 but at least the cohort will be strong. [emoji39]

Sien

将来: NEET
HSC
Phew. Well my school ranking is going to be crap but at least my course cohort might be okay...

Okay. Probs not. Except 4U next year. I'm gonna be coming 2/2 but at least the cohort will be strong. [emoji39]
'Cohort'

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
For Externals? 95+

Overall, I'm looking at tryin
My first 3 assessments were strong (all 95 - 97%), but I fell on the 4th one with an 80% and I just don't feel confident about my trials, no matter how hard I studied for it.
Do you know many band 6s in Business Studies your school tends to get on average?

I think that'll play a big role in what internal rank (your overall internal mark isn't as important) you'd want to have post-trials.

I think my overall internal mark was 88%~ (my marks from first assessment to trials being like 26/30 10%, 19/20 20%, 53/70 30% and 95/100 40%) and I was 2nd internally, but I was able to hit 95+ in the end.

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
Stupid question.

Just the people in your subject(s).

I mean, since you're doing let's say Chemistry, you'd want everyone else (as well as yourself) in your school doing Chemistry to perform well in the HSC exam.

The performance of the Physics cohort is irrelevant to you.

Graceuf

HSC
Just the people in your subject(s).

I mean, since you're doing let's say Chemistry, you'd want everyone else (as well as yourself) in your school doing Chemistry to perform well in the HSC exam.

The performance of the Physics cohort is irrelevant to you.
Thanks. :)

Would I be heavily effected if people in my class performed poorly?

WrittenLoveLetters

배고파
HSC
Do you know many band 6s in Business Studies your school tends to get on average?

I think that'll play a big role in what internal rank (your overall internal mark isn't as important) you'd want to have post-trials.

I think my overall internal mark was 88%~ (my marks from first assessment to trials being like 26/30 10%, 19/20 20%, 53/70 30% and 95/100 40%) and I was 2nd internally, but I was able to hit 95+ in the end.
I think last year, we had about 13 - 18 (big range, but I kind of forgot the number) Band 6s from the Accelerated class (I think out of about 25 students). Not sure about the normal Year 12 class.
I feel fucked, I think my internal rank dropped so hard from 2nd.

Do you think I can still pick up my HSC mark overall with my externals?

I'm kind of upset now :c

Last edited:

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
I think last year, we had about 13 - 18 (big range, but I kind of forgot the number) Band 6s from the Accelerated class. Not sure about the normal Year 12 class.
But thats about 1/2 of the Accelerated class.

I feel fucked, I think my internal rank dropped so hard from 2nd.
Your school definitely seems strong at Business Studies but it'll probably be in your best interests to stay in the top 3/top 5 if you're gunning for a 95+ HSC mark.

It's normal to feel some post-exam pessimism - considering your calibre, I really doubt that you dropped from 2nd to something like 20th.

WrittenLoveLetters

배고파
HSC
Your school definitely seems strong at Business Studies but it'll probably be in your best interests to stay in the top 3/top 5 if you're gunning for a 95+ HSC mark.

It's normal to feel some post-exam pessimism - considering your calibre, I really doubt that you dropped from 2nd to something like 20th.
I know people who were only a few assessment marks from me, and their ranking was down in the 20s. Just because we have so many people coming 2nd and so on, so on.

I really hope that I stay in the top 5. But I highly doubt it now.

I guess, all I can do from here on is to try get as close to full marks in the HSC external. I can't go back and fix all my mistakes in the last two internals.

I just hope that my performance in Business Studies will not stop me from getting my ideal ATAR.

But I'm just a bit crushed at the fact that I maintained 2nd for so long until now.

Do you think it would still be possible to hit the 90 mark for the HSC mark?

Graceuf

HSC
I know people who were only a few assessment marks from me, and their ranking was down in the 20s. Just because we have so many people coming 2nd and so on, so on.

I really hope that I stay in the top 5. But I highly doubt it now.

I guess, all I can do from here on is to try get as close to full marks in the HSC external. I can't go back and fix all my mistakes in the last two internals.

I just hope that my performance in Business Studies will not stop me from getting my ideal ATAR.

But I'm just a bit crushed at the fact that I maintained 2nd for so long until now.

Do you think it would still be possible to hit the 90 mark for the HSC mark?
I'm sure you'll be fine. I'm pretty sure you'll beat the guy that fell asleep after an hour.

If you found it difficult, then the others probably did too and I'm sure you'll maintain your ranking.

Chin up. You've done incredibly well. :)

Sien

将来: NEET
HSC
I'm sure you'll be fine. I'm pretty sure you'll beat the guy that fell asleep after an hour.

If you found it difficult, then the others probably did too and I'm sure you'll maintain your ranking.

I feel an instant connection with that guy

On a side note, I have a jap writing test tmr , I suck at writing, I'm fked

WrittenLoveLetters

배고파
HSC

Hahahah! Thank you :) I have externals left. So I'll try my hardest in the next three months to really attain that Band 6 HSC mark :D

And really, my mum was like "At least you kept writing and writing and you didn't give up."

Graceuf

HSC
I feel an instant connection with that guy

On a side note, I have a jap writing test tmr , I suck at writing, I'm fked

I sucked at writing last year.

Okay, so I sucked at everything except reading.

Good luck! You'll go better than Year 10 me. XD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)