Preliminary HSC Yearly Exams Thoughts & Results (1 Viewer)

MelRGHS

HSC
Uni Grad
Maths Yearly

*Sigh, I really studied for this one and I got a dismall mark. SO crappy it's not even to my standards. Holy eff, this is effing bad. Soo much moolah wasted on tutoring. Not getting anywhere, too illogical >< What to do?

M@ster P

HSC
x.Exhaust.x said:
And if you do get awesome results (this won't apply to you of course :)), people get lazy and tend to doze off. Then the so-called hard working 'under-cover nerds' bounce back while you're in complete shock. It's just like a sine curve, the crest is where you obtain your maximum results (YAY WIN), then you slowly tend to go down to the trough until you realise that you need to work harder, thus going back up lol.
you can also refer this to as the business cycle, you won't know what i am talking about unless you do economics.

Norma.Jean

HSC
Re: Maths Yearly

I can totally relate, i did mine last friday but i know i went heaps horrible in it, i made the most silliest mistakes ever...and i know i'm going to get a really dissapointing mark...

x.Exhaust.x

Retired Member
HSC
Came 2nd in the whole grade for Biology. My ethnic Dad still wasn't happy about it.

Top 5 in Economics. Two excellence awards so far since I'm in top 5 :).

marcquelle

a.k.a. Michael...Hi!
HSC

ok studied went to special morning revision thing withteacher, said to me "you're fine you can do this easily" so was confident and only got 27%. WTF seriously what is wrong with me in exams so bye bye Mathematics HELLO general

the-derivative

BCom/LLB (UNSW)
HSC

MelRGHS said:
*Sigh, I really studied for this one and I got a dismall mark. SO crappy it's not even to my standards. Holy eff, this is effing bad. Soo much moolah wasted on tutoring. Not getting anywhere, too illogical >< What to do?
Firstly, if you have a tutor and you're not performing well - I'd quit right away.
Secondly, if you feel you don't like maths or find maths difficult - maybe dropping might be the right option for you?

HSC
I got advanced English back paper 1 however, just section 1-comprehension and section 3- essay

section 1: 14.5/15
section 3: 14/15

and also general maths

55/100 LOL. its OK I'm dropping.

pimpernickle

HSC
Re: Preliminary HSC Yearly Exams

-tal- said:
Same here, except I have 2 bloody exams for english.
Urgh, yeah.. Paper one (short answer & creative respone) and Paper two (extended response)?

13 units = poop
now back to studying for hospo...

clintmyster

Prophet 9 FTW
HSC
Uni Grad

got a few results today

maths 2u: 95%
Ancient History: 92% (first in class, like 3rd or 4th overall out of 30 ppl) really happy bout this one!
Chemistry: 63% most people failed and highest in grade was like 84% and the next best in the low 70's so cant complain.
Is this good in chem though, bit worried about next yr since our teachers had this huge talk about how how we supposedly think scaling in physics will get a 50% to 90% LOLL

bored of sc

HSC

clintmyster said:
Is this good in chem though, bit worried about next yr since our teachers had this huge talk...
It's okay. There's alot of room for improvement but it's shows promise. I got 69% in mine which was second highest in our grade (my point being that marks are not always the best indicator of performance, ranks are also critical). It's a difficult subject with alot of content and skills which need to be mastered.

HSC
x.Exhaust.x said:
Came 2nd in the whole grade for Biology. My ethnic Dad still wasn't happy about it.

Top 5 in Economics. Two excellence awards so far since I'm in top 5 :).
wow do your top five get academic awards? at our school only the person who comes first in the course gets an award ripped off!!!! :mad1:

telekenixis

HSC
Getting results tomorrow, most likely going to get between 50 - 70 in everything...

cam.t

HSC
Justin123456789 said:
I got advanced English back paper 1 however, just section 1-comprehension and section 3- essay

section 1: 14.5/15
section 3: 14/15

and also general maths

55/100 LOL. its OK I'm dropping.
man .. i wish i got what you got in .. english :p

HSC
bored of sc said:
Mathematics - 99% - 1st
congrats! i had my mathematics 2u exam today and it was my last one yay! i have the rest of the week off woo extra holidays

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)