Presentation Night (1 Viewer)

Focus is Key

HSC
Okay just wondering who on these forums went to a School Presentation Night this year. If so, what awards did you win and were you given money or any other sort of gift as a reward?

My School gives out 1st and 2nd place in subjects plus a multitude of special awards.

I got:

1st place History (Certificate +$20 Book Voucher)
1st place Geography (Certificate + $20 Book Voucher)
1st place IST (Certificate + $20 Book Voucher)
2nd place English (Just the certificate)
2nd place Science (missed out on first by one mark :O, just the certificate)
2nd Agriculture (Just certificate)

And *Drum Roll*

'Most Outstanding Student in Year 10'- got a special blue coloured nice looking award along with a medal with a genie lamp logo + this thing with my name engraved on it, oh yeah my name is also put into this big plaque thing in our school office :)

So what awards did you guys get at your Presentation Night's and was there any additional money/vouchers/trophies given to you?

RealiseNothing

what is that?It is Cowpea
HSC
1st Maths - $20
1st Commerce - $20
2nd History
2nd History Elective
2nd Science

Some Commonwealth award thing, basically Dux - $20

Some Scholarship thing - $250

History Distinction Certificate

Leadership Certificate

'Twas a good day.

connie94

HSC
Okay just wondering who on these forums went to a School Presentation Night this year. If so, what awards did you win and were you given money or any other sort of gift as a reward?

My School gives out 1st and 2nd place in subjects plus a multitude of special awards.

I got:

1st place History (Certificate +$20 Book Voucher)
1st place Geography (Certificate + $20 Book Voucher)
1st place IST (Certificate + $20 Book Voucher)
2nd place English (Just the certificate)
2nd place Science (missed out on first by one mark :O, just the certificate)
2nd Agriculture (Just certificate)

And *Drum Roll*

'Most Outstanding Student in Year 10'- got a special blue coloured nice looking award along with a medal with a genie lamp logo + this thing with my name engraved on it, oh yeah my name is also put into this big plaque thing in our school office :)

So what awards did you guys get at your Presentation Night's and was there any additional money/vouchers/trophies given to you?
wow, congratulations to you!
looks like focus really is key. ;) bom chicka waoow waoow

Focus is Key

HSC
:skip:
1st Maths - $20
1st Commerce - $20
2nd History
2nd History Elective
2nd Science

Some Commonwealth award thing, basically Dux - $20

Some Scholarship thing - $250

History Distinction Certificate

Leadership Certificate

'Twas a good day.
Wow! That's impressive! I've seen your Maths Ability so 1st place is no surprise haha. Very consistent as well! I don't think any Year 10's got scholarships and the highest money reward I know of in our Year was $100 for the Leadership Awards. How competitive is Maths at your school because while our school is low ranked it has quite a few people getting strong Maths marks (around 95%)(there was 1 mark diff between 1st and 2nd, 1 mark between 2nd and 3rd (me :p) etc.

Focus is Key

HSC
wow, congratulations to you!
looks like focus really is key. ;) bom chicka waoow waoow
Haha thanks! So stoked to get so many awards last year- esp after 1 girl got 1st place in all her subjects last year lol. We both tied for Most Outstanding Student of the year because it was THAT close. I think she got:

1st Science
1st Health
2nd Maths
2nd History
2nd Geography
2nd Marine Studies
2nd Textiles

Was worth sitting through the speeches for the awards lol! There's always Parliament members/council members handing out awards so its pretty nerve wracking waiting for your name to be called :p

RealiseNothing

what is that?It is Cowpea
HSC
:skip:

Wow! That's impressive! I've seen your Maths Ability so 1st place is no surprise haha. Very consistent as well! I don't think any Year 10's got scholarships and the highest money reward I know of in our Year was $100 for the Leadership Awards. How competitive is Maths at your school because while our school is low ranked it has quite a few people getting strong Maths marks (around 95%)(there was 1 mark diff between 1st and 2nd, 1 mark between 2nd and 3rd (me :p) etc.
Maths isn't competitive at my school at all, I could of gotten 0% in one test and still have the highest overall mark.

wildchild666

HSC
Nope.. :(

Closest I had to getting anything was my 7th in the grade in English.

Lina3

HSC
My results pale by comparison to most people's here, but I got 1st in Music third year in a row. Hoping to make it my fourth next year (since only 3 people are doing Music 2). Came like 5th in the grade for English and Science and 3rd in Geography. However those places don't get awards.

Pfortune35

HSC
MY schools presintation night is not till the start of next year
Awards for first in course + Academic excellence at my school (5 A's)

Came first in science sem1 so might have repeated the performance but havent seen my report yet

Also came first in math and ext 1 prelim so Ill be getting awards for that aswell

edit: Just read this post and I sound super arrogant

Last edited:

Focus is Key

HSC
Nice work guys! Some schools seem to give like nothing and some seem to dish out $1000's of dollars! It's a surprise when you think you're doing medicore at a subject and find all your hard work has paid off! Like in English this year for me!

Good my report a few days ago.... extremely impressed with it! (Outstanding in all subjects except PE where I received a High) :)

Also when we had our Graduation the Year Advisor simply just read out each person's name as they walked onto the stage but for me they made a special mention of me being Most Outstanding Student lol and I'm also a member of the 8 A School Cert Grades club lol

P.S. My post sounds really arrogrant as well :p

Last edited:

Bored_of_HSC

HSC
Used to go. Soooo booorrriiinnngggg. And also the self-gratification wore off.

Amleops

Perpetual Student
HSC
Ours was two weeks ago, I got certificates for:

1st in English Advanced
1st in Studies Of Religion 1
1st in French Continuers
1st in Music 2
3rd in English Extension
Overall 3rd in the grade
The Macquarie University Award For Academic Excellence (and a $50 book voucher with it)

Mildly disappointing seeing as I have got Dux before, but I'm still quite happy with how I went this year. :)

Focus is Key

HSC
Ours was two weeks ago, I got certificates for:

1st in English Advanced
1st in Studies Of Religion 1
1st in French Continuers
1st in Music 2
3rd in English Extension
Overall 3rd in the grade
The Macquarie University Award For Academic Excellence (and a $50 book voucher with it)

Mildly disappointing seeing as I have got Dux before, but I'm still quite happy with how I went this year. :)
Nice collection of awards! Awesome Achievement! Our school only does 1st in grade really, no second or third sadly otherwise I would've got second like all the years before this one :(

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
Why do you lucky guys get money and I never got anything, despite getting three or four awards a year :rolleyes2:
I got First in Extension 2 maths and biology, Blacktown Zone age and overall boys champion 17+, school swimming record, and I didn't get anything.

Depends on how cheap your school is I guess. Girraween is a pretty cheap school, so you can't expect too much.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)