• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Presidential Election (2 Viewers)

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
Plus, gay marriage issues can go backwards, rather than nowhere. Whilst Obama may not be about to introduce marriage equality legislation, the electorate knows he's certainly not about to introduce legislation that prevents gay marriage either, a move that it's easy to see Romney and (especially) Ryan pushing for.

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
Plus, gay marriage issues can go backwards, rather than nowhere. Whilst Obama may not be about to introduce marriage equality legislation, the electorate knows he's certainly not about to introduce legislation that prevents gay marriage either, a move that it's easy to see Romney and (especially) Ryan pushing for.
lmao no its not

once they got elected they wouldn't want anything to do with gay marriage at all

their plan would have been to try and fix the economy and use this to win a second term, and their dream would be that the words 'gay marriage' weren't even spoken until they were out of office

they certainly wouldn't have pulled that kind of stupid shit because it could only ever cost them votes next election.

Last edited:

halapenyo

HSC
" ROMNEY: Opposes legal recognition of same-sex marriage and says it should be banned with a constitutional amendment, not left to states. "Marriage is not an activity that goes on within the walls of a state." Also opposes civil unions "if they are identical to marriage other than by name," but says states should be left to decide what rights and benefits should be allowed under those unions. Says certain domestic partnership benefits —largely unspecified — as well as hospital visitation rights are appropriate but "others are not." "

im pretty sure that means he would have pursued the issue further if he was elected.

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
lmao no its not

once they got elected they wouldn't want anything to do with gay marriage at all

their plan would have been to try and fix the economy and use this to win a second term, and their dream would be that the words 'gay marriage' weren't even spoken until they were out of office

they certainly wouldn't have pulled that kind of stupid shit because it could only ever cost them votes next election.
Hahaha yeah, because neither party has ever supported niche issues that make small blocks of their core voters happy but isolate the majority of the rest of the electorate.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
I don't support romney so I didn't "lose". The only people who lost are future americans.
If that's not you then shhhhhh because you look drunk as fuck embarrassing yourself all over the place and shit.

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
If that's not you then shhhhhh because you look drunk as fuck embarrassing yourself all over the place and shit.
look im not going to take this shit from someone who cries at parties alright

and the only people who look stupid are those who think that the election means anything

im simply pulling them back to reality

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Steady on, Romney is a decent, capable and fair man, he was a good governor of Massachusettes and would have been one of the better Presidents the United States had had. The great tragedy of politics is that whenever the Republicans do come back to power (and they eventually will) it will probably be some awful neocon lie Bush or Reagan.
We can only hope.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Actually, no, you have to deal with it. Marriage is only legal between a man and a woman in this state.
But also I'm not archaic as fuck and don't believe in marriage as an institution.

You're probs going to be alone 5eva anyways... So... PROFIT?!

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
I used to be an avid supporter of gay marriage although my support for it is waning now. I think we will see the same thing happen to the issue as happened to climate change (once was perceived to be a big issue, these days barely getting a mention).

In Australia, The greens are all but finished now and on the decline. They have been the party pushing for same sex marriage rights etc. Not Labor. Not Liberals. If same sex marriage was not legalised over the past five years when the Greens were at their peak and had real power over the government, then I think it is unlikely it will ever be legalised within the near future (next 25 years or so).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)