• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Presidential Election (2 Viewers)

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
its stupid to say 'oh look how crazy these republicans are hehehe' when democrats are 10 times worse

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
its stupid to say 'oh look how crazy these republicans are hehehe' when democrats are 10 times worse
Please...

If someone is being stupid you can say "Omg, look how stupid they're being" regardless of how stupid others are.

What are you, stupid?

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
Oh please, obama cultists where smearing feces on cars with romney bumper stickers and threatening violence against romney and his white supporters BEFORE the election

the butthurt if ROMNEY had won would have been of biblical proportions
Butthurt crazy republican Exhibit A

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
Why does pointing out hypocrisy make me "butthurt"?

Obama fucking ran on gay marriage, now he's not even doing anything about it

that's just fucking pathetic

Kiraken

RISK EVERYTHING
HSC
N/A

well isn't it something to be decided by the states anyway rather than the federal level? Which is pretty much what he said?

halapenyo

HSC

give him some time. he just got re-elected last week.

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
well isn't it something to be decided by the states anyway rather than the federal level? Which is pretty much what he said?
1. Obama doesn't give a fuck about the constitution for basically any other issue.

2. He didn't say anything about states until now. He made himself out to be the "gay marriage president", and NOW he's making it about states so he doesn't actually have to do anything about it.

jesus you people are dumb

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
give him some time. he just got re-elected last week.
READ THE FUCKING ARTICLE YOU MORON

he's saying he's not going to do anything about it

so it literally has nothing to do with how long he's been re-elected

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
Did the good President ever actually say he was going to try and bring it in, or just that he believes it's a good thing? He might believe it's a good thing for all children to read Wilde and Bernard Shaw but if he didn't legislate that they must you'd hardly hold it against him would you Silvy?
He shouldn't be bringing it up...you know, during the presidential race, if he wasn't planning on doing anything about it.

I seriously don't see how you can view it as anything other than him winning the gay (-marriage supporter) vote without having to actually pursue any difficult legislative challenges.

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
It's quite easy really, you see I don't have a pathological hatred of him that drives me to assume ludicrously sinister motives behind everything he ever does.
yes because you have to hate a man to assume that an issue he raises during a presidential race will actually have anything to do with his, you know, presidency.

At the very least ytou have to admit most democrats are idiots/cunts for lambasting Romney/Ryan for being "anti-gay" when in reality:

1. Their views on gay marriage are indistinguishable from those of Obama mere months ago

2. There will be literally no difference in gay-marriage legislation under obama's presidency than if Romney had been elected.

Last edited:

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
1. Obama doesn't give a fuck about the constitution for basically any other issue.

2. He didn't say anything about states until now. He made himself out to be the "gay marriage president", and NOW he's making it about states so he doesn't actually have to do anything about it.

jesus you people are dumb
Lol, please go back and read/watch whatever it was you watched ~8 months ago to make you believe this was the case, AND THEN call yourself dumb because you are because no one even thought he was going to make it a thing.

You lost. Get over babe. Maybe next time, hey? (Let's be honest, now that more people vote and ever since Bush 2.0 there is basically no way Republicans will front the White House for another 12 years)

READ THE FUCKING ARTICLE YOU MORON

he's saying he's not going to do anything about it

so it literally has nothing to do with how long he's been re-elected
Sound pretty butthurt to me.

NOPE LOL

I'm opposed to gay marraige, and I'm thrilled to see so many idiots get screwed over by obama

im just pointing out what a cunt he's being.
Nah, I'm pretty sure you're just being butthurt.

I'm all for gay marriage and I don't give the slightest of two fucks.

I think Obama has been a successful winning troll yet again.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
yes because you have to hate a man to assume that an issue he raises during a presidential race will actually have anything to do with his, you know, presidency.

At the very least ytou have to admit most democrats are idiots/cunts for lambasting Romney/Ryan for being "anti-gay" when in reality:

1. Their views on gay marriage are indistinguishable from those of Obama mere months ago

2. There will be literally no difference in gay-marriage legislation under obama's presidency than if Romney had been elected.
You can be anti-gay without changing gay legislation and you can be pro-gay without putting in gay-marriage legislation. It's about the character of the person, not about their policy.

I think you're missing that most American's see the presidency as a popularity contest and Romney just wasn't the coolest kid in class. (Plus he hates >47% of America)

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
Given Marriage Equality is a campaign against symbolic, rather than tangible, discrimination, I don't think the distinction between Romney and Obama is meaningless, insofar as the issue actuall influences the way I vote/support.
so you support candidates for things which literally make no difference

wow gee see how great it is that everyone can vote kids?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)