Professional Business Cadetships (1 Viewer)

emperor90

HSC
yeah!! well done everyone on getting interviews!!

i was also wondering how many people get to this stage?

HSC
jenecis said:
Yes, I got an interview offer today too! I wonder if the difference in dates matters...?

La Divina: since you got through last year, could your please share your experience with us? what type of questions did they ask?/ what qualities are they looking for?/ how should we best prepare ourselves?/ were you are more academic or extracurricular person? Thanks!!

p.s. does anyone know how many people they accept for an interview (like a ratio or something)?
wow first post, and u are asking for help. awesssssssssome

ShadowSwifter

HSC
As far as I know two guys at my school got an interview via email. hmm their last name start with A and B..could it be that they are going through the application via alphabetical order?

@those who got email already: you guys got last names in the first bunch of the alphabet? Just a thought that's all

Cheers

ofc gL to everyone

Last edited:

MTP

HSC
anyone know any marketing focused cadetships? im not really into the whole accounting thing.

jenecis

HSC
ShadowSwifter said:
As far as I know two guys at my school got an interview via email. hmm their last name start with A and B..could it be that they are going through the application via alphabetical order?

@those who got email already: you guys got last names in the first bunch of the alphabet? Just a thought that's all

Cheers

ofc gL to everyone
Hmm, interesting thought. Well my last name starts with T so it's in the latter part of the alphabet and I got it on Wednesday, not Saturday, so maybe ...

Did the people whose last names starting with A and B get it on Saturday?

wogblogger

HSC
ShadowSwifter, we think alike

well i got my email on saturday, surname starts with................E

emperor90

HSC
I got mine on saturday aswell but my last name starts with an M.....

summermagic

HSC
My friend got his on Tuesday and last name was K
Me and my other friend got ours Wednesday - L and N

The theory sort of makes sense.

ShadowSwifter

HSC
Thanks for posting guys. Hmm if wogblogger is E and emperor has M but both of you got on Saturday then the hypothesis won't work. or maybe they do a bunch every day but grouped the bunch alphebatically

lol wth am i doing. i will just wait for micacles

thanks for posting guys

venom69r

HSC
Yo everyone,

Congrats to everyone who has recieved an interview. To those who are anxiously waiting, keep the spirits high because as la divina mentioned, they may still be sorting through the apps. Fortunately I managed to score one also. So my question is, what does everyone know about the first stage of the interviews (ie what we've recieved). I didn't attend the info evening, but from what I've heard, there are two interviews. First is with Professional Cadetships Australia; the second would be the individual companies. Also from what I've heard, the first inerview is probably with the director of Professional C'ships Aust - so its a one on one interview. Can anyone verify this?

Also, what ways are you guys planning to prepare. As for me, I'll just review my application form and refine my CV. Apart from that, I guess I'll try to come up with answers to a few generic questions like "why did u chose this program" etc.

So yeah everyone, congrats once again and goodluck to anyone still waiting. Lets chip in and have our 2 cents worth and assist one another. It'd also be great if any BOSers who took part in this program last year could offer some insight.

Peace

summermagic

HSC
Hmmm, should be bring a copy of our CV along as well? Cause I guess we'd be communicating that information across during the interview anyway.

jenecis

HSC
Apparently the alphabet theory checks out. I told my careers adviser about it and he immediately said that that's what they normally do (go through the applications alphabetically). So there's hope ;)

CV? I didn't think that was necessary. I thought it was just your school reports ... ?

When do your interviews take place?

ShadowSwifter

HSC
jenecis said:
Apparently the alphabet theory checks out. I told my careers adviser about it and he immediately said that that's what they normally do (go through the applications alphabetically). So there's hope ;)

CV? I didn't think that was necessary. I thought it was just your school reports ... ?

When do your interviews take place?
Looks like I'm out. Seems to me they passed the half way mark already

Maybe I failed the test lol.

Last edited:

leoyh

mic`
HSC
i think its over cause interviews start early june so any emails for interviews should just about all be sent by now. at my school, i think they've been through the alphabet - so its over

summermagic

HSC
^ LOL. Way to crush the hopes of all those eager people out there yet to receive an email.

jenecis

HSC
summermagic said:
^ LOL. Way to crush the hopes of all those eager people out there yet to receive an email.
Oops! I didn't mean to come across in that way!! It's just interesting to figure out how the minds of the selection committee work lol.

Anyway, if people really want a cadetship, they'll always be opportunities. Where there's a will, there's a way. :rolleyes:

summermagic

HSC
Sorry >.< I should quote next time. I was referring to this:

leoyh said:
i think its over cause interviews start early june so any emails for interviews should just about all be sent by now. at my school, i think they've been through the alphabet - so its over

Cookie182

Individui Superiore
HSC
N/A
Vagabond said:
< $300?

If you plan on getting the job spend at least $500 on a suit that will last you more than one interview.

2-3 good suits should last you at least 2 years. A cheap suit won't.

You do want the job, after all?
it shouldnt be a positional arms race!

Studies have shown that what you wear in interview situations only marginally affects the outcome BEFORE you actually sit down and begin to speak. Once you speak, the focus of the interviewer's judgement naturally shifts to your personality and receptive factors such as body language etc

and then of course they get into the hard stuff- reviewing your application, the questions and most importantly your confidence in the responses. By the end of the interview, the suit you were wearing, its price and colour have all become irrelevant- unless you deliberately wore a distracting suit (like something bright yellow) which would place a prejudice within the interviewer's mind from the beggining. A nice conservative black suit which isnt overly expensive will be sufficent. You must remember, it wont win you points it just keeps you on par- something outlandish will generally bring you down.

anyway good luck!

paperscissors

HSC
wooo i got an interview too
but mines this wed
at like 10.15
wtffff
excitement
and some people from my school got rejection emails
so yeah
anyone else on this wed too?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)