• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Professional Business Cadetships (1 Viewer)

Ovaschool303

HSC
I didnt put down a preference although maybe I wish i did, wouldn't mind going QBE. At the end of the day they are 5 very reputable banks/insurance companies... do not really think that it matters where people get put. Coming out of it cadets will have some top notch training and a grad position at the company for when they finish their cadetship

Ovaschool303

HSC
When you say that it is gay that you have to reply by 25th July... I confirm. You saying that because you have applied for a couple of accouting ones too??

haiderr

Goldn_i
HSC
Ovaschool303 said:
When you say that it is gay that you have to reply by 25th July... I confirm. You saying that because you have applied for a couple of accouting ones too??
lol yeah ive applied/am applying for a few accounting cadetships too... and not all of them will reply by 25th July i think... so i dunno wat to do .... lol thats if i get any offers!

summermagic

HSC
Just had my interview today! It wasn't as scary as I thought it would be. The lady at reception told me that tomorrow is the last day of interviews. So how did everyone go?

jenecis

HSC
I had my interview changed to tommorrow coz I had TWO assessment tasks today!

For those who have done it:

Who did you guys get as your interviewer?

What was it like? (questions, atmosphere etc.)

Any tips?!

Thanks so much mates!

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Vagabond said:
< $300?

If you plan on getting the job spend at least $500 on a suit that will last you more than one interview.

2-3 good suits should last you at least 2 years. A cheap suit won't.

You do want the job, after all?
Don't get cocky. I got my job at OUR firm with a $99 Man2Man suit.

Sure I'd rather not wear a suit at all than be caught wearing it now... but back then it was more than sufficient for both interviews AND school formal.

However, providing some constructive feedback to the guys here... What's really important about a suit isn't so much how much it costs, but how well it fits- better off with a $99 Man2Man suit which has been tailored properly than a $500 Oxford suit which doesn't look 'right'.

Ovaschool303

HSC
jenecis said:
I had my interview changed to tommorrow coz I had TWO assessment tasks today!

For those who have done it:

Who did you guys get as your interviewer?

What was it like? (questions, atmosphere etc.)

Any tips?!

Thanks so much mates!
Thought the interview was really interesting. I didnt have Alister... the head guy... I had this some Asian lady and thought it went really well... guess we will see how well it was when they get back to us by the end of the month right?

Relaxed atmosphere... just dont be afraid to use some time to think... i always thought it was a good idea to use the glass of water they give you.

Ovaschool303

HSC
seremify007 said:
Don't get cocky. I got my job at OUR firm with a $99 Man2Man suit.

Sure I'd rather not wear a suit at all than be caught wearing it now... but back then it was more than sufficient for both interviews AND school formal.

However, providing some constructive feedback to the guys here... What's really important about a suit isn't so much how much it costs, but how well it fits- better off with a $99 Man2Man suit which has been tailored properly than a $500 Oxford suit which doesn't look 'right'.
Couldnt agree more. The suit I have is this Country Road one which looks awesome.... and I picked it up at Vinnies for about 30 bucks. Sounds really Cheap but there is nothing wrong with it... at the moment from the 2 interviews I have worn it into I have been accepted into the second round interview for both the firms so... my conclusion.... you dont want a suit that will screw up after you wear twice... if you think that means paying 500 bucks then good on you... or you can look for a bargain like me... ;) I have worn it to formals and to weddings and to the horse races and all that... good bargain.

emperor90

HSC
summermagic said:
Just had my interview today! It wasn't as scary as I thought it would be. The lady at reception told me that tomorrow is the last day of interviews. So how did everyone go?

i had my interview last sunday. I think it went alright, some questions i answered alot better than other, but it definitely wasn't as bad as i thought it would be!!!

i had Alister for my interview, he was really nice, we had a nice chat aswell, not what i was expecting!

Im trying not to keep my hopes up to high, i wouldn't be to surprised if i didn't get to the next round... ohwell we shall see :)

how did everyone else go?

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Ovaschool303 said:
Couldnt agree more. The suit I have is this Country Road one which looks awesome.... and I picked it up at Vinnies for about 30 bucks. Sounds really Cheap but there is nothing wrong with it... at the moment from the 2 interviews I have worn it into I have been accepted into the second round interview for both the firms so... my conclusion.... you dont want a suit that will screw up after you wear twice... if you think that means paying 500 bucks then good on you... or you can look for a bargain like me... ;) I have worn it to formals and to weddings and to the horse races and all that... good bargain.
lol I have to wear my suit everyday to work- that's why I paid that much for a suit. Back when I was in ur position I was happy with my $99 (tailored) suit :)

haiderr

Goldn_i
HSC
Ovaschool303 said:
hey congrats on picking up a bargain! lol and which 2 firms did you get second round interviews for?

haiderr

Goldn_i
HSC
i forgot to put this in my last post sorry:

i thought the last date for business cadetships interviews ended on June 20, and they would reply to us a week after that. if they did end yesterday, does that mean we get replies by next week?

shilinjuju

HSC
N/A
EY Information Sess in on Wed 18 June, so this wed. Dunno what time though, sorry! Wish I could go. Dammit

Ovaschool303

HSC
haiderr said:
hey congrats on picking up a bargain! lol and which 2 firms did you get second round interviews for?
Cheers. Chapman Eastway and Walter Turnbull. I know they are two small firms (small firms seem to be the only people contacting applicants before 25th June)... it is interview experience nonetheless. Think I would prefer a spot big4 or even this business cadetships one... lets just wait and see.

In response to what other people have been saying as to when they contact us... the lady that interviewed me at this business cadetships said the end of the month... i know it is very broad but hey. I told her I am going away for a couple of days at the end of the month... they said they would plan around it so yeah. I'd say probably about the 27th they would tell us how we went right?

summermagic

HSC
haiderr said:
i forgot to put this in my last post sorry:

i thought the last date for business cadetships interviews ended on June 20, and they would reply to us a week after that. if they did end yesterday, does that mean we get replies by next week?
The lady at reception told me yesterday was the last day of interviews. And I was told by my interviewer, Joanne that they would contact me "by the end of the month". Hmmm, hopefully they contact us by next week.

I think I accidently said I wanted Zurich during my interview but my application said 'no preference'. But now I think I'd much prefer UBS. =.= Noooo. Reckon I could do anything about it?

Last edited:

Ovaschool303

HSC
summermagic said:
The lady at reception told me yesterday was the last day of interviews. And I was told by my interviewer, Joanne that they would contact me "by the end of the month". Hmmm, hopefully they contact us by next week.

I think I accidently said I wanted Zurich during my interview but my application said 'no preference'. But now I think I'd much prefer UBS. =.= Noooo. Reckon I could do anything about it?
Dont think you can do much about it now. I dont think it matters that much, they're 5 reputable banks... cant really go wrong. Besides if you make it through to the interview they will probably assign you a random one because you didnt have a preference... maybe by chance they might randomly set you up with UBS... finger crossed

jenecis

HSC
Well, the interviews definitely ended yesterday (14 June) - I know because I was one of the last ones!!

Alister did say he would try to contact us "by next Friday".

As for preferences, he said that even if you did indicate a preference, it might not necessarily turn out that way.

Counting down the days ... lol.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)