programming languages (1 Viewer)

Led-Zep

Virtuoso
HSC
guys i want to learn objective c, c++ all the utilities for iphone programming, does anyone know of any online courses, or short courses that teach this? for your information i do not have a programming/IT background mainly a business/commerce degree i just dont want to go back to uni, any tafe courses?

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
Learning C++ is a slow and painful death. especially if the line of code you just wrote kills the whole project.

greekgun

HSC
u can learn it of the internets if u rly want...the internet has alot of programming resources actually...

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
guys i want to learn objective c, c++ all the utilities for iphone programming, does anyone know of any online courses, or short courses that teach this? for your information i do not have a programming/IT background mainly a business/commerce degree i just dont want to go back to uni, any tafe courses?
You're better off learning Java, Python or C first. Jumping straight into C++ won't do you any favours.

wrxsti: It sucks if you're too stupid to use it properly.

SnowFox: Would seem to me you'd then go to that line and figure out what went wrong?

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
If you wanted to get a qualification for it you can do a Cert IV Programming at Tafe. They start with Java and go to C/C++ but depends if you want to learn for a career/job vs for fun/hobbie.

greekgun

HSC
many places which teach programming always start with java - so that might b a good place to start too.

darkwolfzx

HSC
N/A
its not hard to learn on your own if you're really into it

Mjontrix

Premium Member
HSC
C++ is a language you should start with.
The fundamentals you learn will stick with you; and the strict rules will help your coding skills.

Otherwise, go and learn Python and Java.
But don't go and learn C first; you'll not be able then to use the full functionality of C++ because you'll be in a habit.

BTW, your first tip; strcpy() should NEVER be used by itself.

Led-Zep

Virtuoso
HSC
well i was mainly looking to learn the basics of programming, mainly tailored to iphone development, i am very interested in making some fun apps, for personal use. i have looked at the documentation and some if it is over my head! all this coding stuff makes no sense to me, what i dont get is where does the code come from? is it made up or is there a repository of code?

but i definitely want to do a course, eg tafe so i may look into it

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
C++ is a language you should start with.
The fundamentals you learn will stick with you; and the strict rules will help your coding skills.

Otherwise, go and learn Python and Java.
But don't go and learn C first; you'll not be able then to use the full functionality of C++ because you'll be in a habit.

BTW, your first tip; strcpy() should NEVER be used by itself.
What functionality won't he be able to use in C++?

MaNiElla

HSC
N/A
Learning C++ is a slow and painful death. especially if the line of code you just wrote kills the whole project.
omg, i hate it when that happens! However, C++ is my fav, Java's not too bad as well.

Last edited:

wrxsti

Rambo
HSC
I did engineering computing (C++) at uws, i got a HD.
I was very proficent in C++, was able to animate a robotic arm when giving input values such as initial angle, final angel. Ive done projectile motions, quadratic equations (input formales), differential equation etc.

I dont mean it sucks as in that the language of c++ cant do this or cant do that. But its just BLOOOODY tedious like HTML write up (IMO anyways).

My mentality is that "there must be an easier way" lol. Maybe it's cause im lebo and we like things done in a 2 sec margin.

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
You're better off learning Java, Python or C first. Jumping straight into C++ won't do you any favours.

SnowFox: Would seem to me you'd then go to that line and figure out what went wrong?

Nah, just had the twat of a teacher fix it since it was his code.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)