Project to counter Holocaust denial (1 Viewer)

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
Concerned that Holocaust denial is on the rise in the Muslim world, a French Jewish centre on Friday launched an initiative to offer free translations of works like The Diary of Anne Frank.
Dubbed Project Aladdin, the programme by the French Shoah Memorial Foundation is sponsored by former president Jacques Chirac and Jordan's Prince Hassan who have championed efforts to foster understanding between faiths.
"The foundation found that Arabic and Farsi websites espousing Holocaust denial were on the rise," said Anne-Marie-Revcolevschi from the French center.
The sites are not just directed against Israel and show a worrisome trend toward revisionism, she told AFP.
The center plans to offer online (A Book Is Man’s Best Companion | Aladdin Library) copies in Arabic, Farsi and Turkish of a series of works dealing with the Nazi extermination of six million Jews during World War II.
Among these are If This is a Man by Auschwitz survivor Primo Levi, "The Diary of Anne Frank" and Inside the Gas Chambers by Shlomo Venezia, another Auschwitz deportee.
A short history of the Holocaust, a brief introduction to Jewish culture and history and facts about Muslim-Jewish relations "which have not always been torn by conflict" will also be available for downloading, said Revcolevschi.
Works in Farsi and Arabic will also be offered in English and French to broaden minds in the West.
Project to counter Holocaust denial

How can people say it didnt happen, did aliens abduct 6 million jews?

HSC
N/A
I Have every right to say it, If you got a problem deal with it.

on a serious note, i don't question the holocaust but have issues of being persecuted for questioning it or denying it. The real issue is that free speech DOES have barriers in the "free" world. However this issue is more so in mainland Europe than in Australia.

JonathanM

Antagonist
HSC
Don't let it get to you.

People are allowed to deny the Holocaust happened if they want. I find a simple way to deal with these people is just to ignore everything they say. Anyone who genuinely believes the Holocaust didn't happen, and there are very few of them, is a complete twat for ignoring the mountains of evidence.

There are more Holocaust deniers who deny the Holocaust occurred, not because they genuinely believe it didn't happen, but just because they seek to incite hate and anger against Jews/Israel, these people are just sick. Or they just want to look 'special' and 'different.'

Either way, both can be ignored, their opinions don't count for anything.

HSC
N/A
Don't let it get to you.

People are allowed to deny the Holocaust happened if they want. I find a simple way to deal with these people is just to ignore everything they say. Anyone who genuinely believes the Holocaust didn't happen, and there are very few of them, is a complete twat for ignoring the mountains of evidence.

There are more Holocaust deniers who deny the Holocaust occurred, not because they genuinely believe it didn't happen, but just because they seek to incite hate and anger against Jews/Israel, these people are just sick. Or they just want to look 'special' and 'different.'

Either way, both can be ignored, their opinions don't count for anything.
I agree with your post. but more so people are fed up of Israel milking the holocaust for every single drop of milk. you criticize Israel and your automatically labeled Anti Semitic which further rages people againt Israel and Jews.

Moenique

HSC
I'm so sick of the Jewish community bitching on about the Holocaust.
It wasn't just "their kind" that died.
Because of them and the Nazi regime, pretty much my whole family died in Poland during World War Two, and they were all fucking Roman Catholic.

I do believe in the Holocaust because my grandparents lived through it, but millions of "non - Jewish" civilians died during this time, and they really need to fucking move on like the rest of the world.

I'm going to want to kill myself when I have to do 50th Gate later in the year. Everything is always in the Jewish perspective.

They should have thought twice when they went and killed Christ.

P.s Nothing of what I wrote seems relevant to this thread to me haha, but this topic really makes me angry.
:bomb:

black_kat_meow

hihiwhywhy
HSC
Because of them and the Nazi regime, pretty much my whole family died in Poland during World War Two, and they were all fucking Roman Catholic.

I do believe in the Holocaust because my grandparents lived through it, but millions of "non - Jewish" civilians died during this time, and they really need to fucking move on like the rest of the world.

I'm going to want to kill myself when I have to do 50th Gate later in the year. Everything is always in the Jewish perspective.

P.s Nothing of what I wrote seems relevant to this thread to me haha, but this topic really makes me angry.
Lol, wtf?

HSC
N/A

i loled

mrsajmon23

The Szyja
HSC

it does seem like mass-media has been focused on the "Jewish" holocaust, when infact millions Polaks (My Countrymen), Russians, Germans (Civilians and Opposition to Hitler), and other non-jewish groups were killed, tortured etc. People from my country are made out to be bastards during the war-era, due to writings aimed at creating a focal point on Jews.

i think that in one sense, people do have a right to express their opinion, and question everything, but with an issue with so much evidence and proof, those people who outright "deny" it are plain foolish.

in my opinion Jews have been "milking" the holocaust in certain situations, influencing the media to focus on them, whilst the millions of others who died and suffered are rarely mentioned.

thats just my 2 cents, before the Jews take that too.

JaredR

Save Sderot
HSC
Sorry, it was Shabbat. :)

Fair criticising of Israel and her policies is not anti-Semitic it is your right to question things that she does just as any other democratic country allows her citizens to do.

It becomes anti-Semitic to criticise Israel when you speak of the Jews who live in Israel or do not apply similar reasoning to other countries (namely Arab States). It seems that everyone is willing to criticise Israel for human rights abuses but ignores neighbouring Saudi Arabia, Syria, Lebanon, Iran etc.

If you criticise Israel criticise the State, not the Jews of the State and not the Jewishness of the State. Futhermore if you don't want to be labelled as anti-Semitic don't apply one rule to Israel and not to another because constantly criticising Israel and ignoring the injusticies committed by so many other nations, including her enemies IS anti-Semitic.

Hence why Italy, US, Canada and Israel are boycotting the next Durban conference.

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
you know what

i dont even care about the holocaust anymore. seriously over hearing about it, seriously over hearing about people getting angry at deniers. if they want to deny it, who gives a shit. let them sit in a corner and mull over their falsities.

Ben Netanyahu

Banned
HSC
N/A
JaredR said:
If you criticise Israel criticise the State, not the Jews of the State and not the Jewishness of the State. Futhermore if you don't want to be labelled as anti-Semitic don't apply one rule to Israel and not to another because constantly criticising Israel and ignoring the injusticies committed by so many other nations, including her enemies IS anti-Semitic.
I criticise the Israeli population, or most of them anyway, because they elect batshit insane people like Benjamin Netanyahu to leadership of their country.

HSC
N/A
Solution to Holocaust Denial: Repeat the Holocaust.
A+ post. i cant agree enough. This will undoubtedly stop the Muslims and the KKK from denying the holocaust as they will have lived through a modern one.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)