Question 21c and Scaling for Eco 2008 (1 Viewer)

manscux

HSC
hi, gys my teacher sais, who wil be marking the hSC this year that for question 21c (the case study question) you had to talka bout how china (in my instance) has intergerated its economy within the business cycle and not how it has curbed the risk associated with in its domestic economy. You had to talk about how it is very trade dependent which left it vulnerbale to shocks during GFC and how various policies like the hoUSEHOLD RESPONSIBILTY STRATEGY HAS ENVOURAGED TNCS. you dont specifically talk about micro or macroe as if somebody saw any economics textbook these policies actually play a counter cyclial role and hinder achieving an international business cycle.

anyway know what was the scaling for 2008 or 2009 economics paper. APPARENTLY 2011 WILL BE SCALED LIKE 2008 OR 2009

myafanatic

HSC
I'm sure they will allow either. The question was fairly broad - how did the country respond to the international business cycle, so it didn't stipulate either way - so you could answer it in terms of integration or counter-cyclical policies. Your teacher is very likely wrong. The BoS won't penalise people for interpreting questions in different ways.

Mjontrix

Premium Member
HSC
I'm sure they will allow either. The question was fairly broad - how did the country respond to the international business cycle, so it didn't stipulate either way - so you could answer it in terms of integration or counter-cyclical policies. Your teacher is very likely wrong. The BoS won't penalise people for interpreting questions in different ways.
+1

michaeljennings

HSC
Yeah lol this question was so confusing I didnt know if i was answering it properly but hopefully I can get 4/5

manscux

HSC
YOU MISREAD INTERERTED ME. THIS WAS DIRECTED AT THOSE WHO SAID YOU HAD TO TALK ABOUT FISCAL AND MONETRAY TO GET 5/5. I totally agree that either is correct. Go to ther forums and you will find out what i mean

michaeljennings

HSC
YOU MISREAD INTERERTED ME. THIS WAS DIRECTED AT THOSE WHO SAID YOU HAD TO TALK ABOUT FISCAL AND MONETRAY TO GET 5/5. I totally agree that either is correct. Go to ther forums and you will find out what i mean
WHY YOU SHOUTING man

Mjontrix

Premium Member
HSC
Hey, 2009 raw mark for band 6 was around 83. So did your teacher say it was around the same this year?

myafanatic

HSC
Sorry for intererting you man.

manscux

HSC
what would get 5 anyways

hi fail whale. This is what i wrote

China has integrated its economy with the international business cycle through policies like the Open Door policy. The increasing trade dependency by china, climbing to 35% has been solely attributed to this policy which saw deregulation and trade liberalisation across low value added services to high ETM's. Chinas acquired sovereign Fund reaching $480bn has also made it a financial hub, becoming one of the largest FDI importers. TNCs have supported this FDI flow mainly because of CHINA's household responsibility scheme, which has made separate economic zones to the exclusion of rural towns. Along with these polices Chinas devaluated exchange rate, as low as 30% has also seen trade increase.

Mjontrix

Premium Member
HSC
hi fail whale. This is what i wrote

China has integrated its economy with the international business cycle through policies like the Open Door policy. The increasing trade dependency by china, climbing to 35% has been solely attributed to this policy which saw deregulation and trade liberalisation across low value added services to high ETM's. Chinas acquired sovereign Fund reaching $480bn has also made it a financial hub, becoming one of the largest FDI importers. TNCs have supported this FDI flow mainly because of CHINA's household responsibility scheme, which has made separate economic zones to the exclusion of rural towns. Along with these polices Chinas devaluated exchange rate, as low as 30% has also seen trade increase.
gooood stuff man, i also mentioned the inequality amongst economic zones and rural areas

Titangod77

HSC
so i guess i answered this question differently... (lol why me)

i thought the question stated how was china responding to its integration with the international business cycle,
and hence i explored the notion of how due to the recent instability in the financial markets in the world, China has turned from its export led to growth to concentrate more on its domestic markets, this explains China's recent fiscal spending on domestic infrastructure and education..
Therefore this allows China to avoid the maximum impact of future GFCs and economic downturns, since China will be likely to shift in providing its increasing domestic demands.
hopefully i get 3/5 for this ...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)