Question? (1 Viewer)

photastic

HSC
no not really. you can calculate your own final internal assessment mark (not that it means anything) with some simple maths. I am sure you got all your marks back from throughout the year so just calculate it (or get a asian friend to do it for you)
What if they don't tell you :O

D94

HSC
N/A
no not really. you can calculate your own final internal assessment mark (not that it means anything) with some simple maths. I am sure you got all your marks back from throughout the year so just calculate it (or get a asian friend to do it for you)
No, schools may moderate certain assessments regardless of whatever weighting they told you. They may moderate a section of an assessment or the overall raw mark before giving it to BOSTES. Internal scaling can occur.

seventhroot

gg no re
HSC
No, schools may moderate certain assessments regardless of whatever weighting they told you. They may moderate a section of an assessment or the overall raw mark before giving it to BOSTES. Internal scaling can occur.
but then again the mark doesn't mean "anything" but rather the rank and relative differences

vdub72

HSC
Is there a particular reason as to why they would do this?

D94

HSC
N/A
Is there a particular reason as to why they would do this?
Some sections within certain assessments might be to a higher or lower standard to the HSC. Another reason could be say there are two topics in the assessment and one topic was done weeks before the other, so it's expected that a greater level of understanding is required in the former, thus should have a greater weighting overall in that assessment. Another reason could be that the majority of students are achieving below 50% raw, but to reflect HSC standards, those marks might very well be in the 70s or 80s, and thus would be internally scaled to ensure the gaps are not significantly large, which could affect your mark in the assessment mark calculations. It could be any number of unrelated reasons.

D94

HSC
N/A
but then again the mark doesn't mean "anything" but rather the rank and relative differences
Sure but you can't really tell how close or far you are from others just on raw marks. Your rank can also change if certain sections are weighted differently.

seventhroot

gg no re
HSC
Sure but you can't really tell how close or far you are from others just on raw marks. Your rank can also change if certain sections are weighted differently.
ohh well yeah but doesn't matter kiddos, just do good in the final exams

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
It means they can't give you the cumulative weighted mark that you've received, only your rank. (This is dumb because I felt the consequences of this - they didn't add up some of the marks correctly).

ConorDevaney

HSC
the reason the board wont allow schools tot ell students their final mark is because of moderation, If one student comes first in his school in his 400th ranked school for english with a internal mark of 90/100, this will be scaled down as the board may determine that their school marks too easily. Basically it is to prevent people getting their hopes up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)