Random Car Chat (1 Viewer)

CieL

HSC
yeh, but you only need those 7/8 airbags, safety cells, etc if you impact at high speeds.. if you didnt have those cars which go 250+ (usually due to tweaking) iono.. i rkn less accidents..

like yesterday.. i was near james ruse drive.. 3 cars collided, two collided head-on.. and one of them looked like it could be written off.. and guess what? they were all commos

not saying that all commos are bad or nuttin.. jus that sometimes i dont understand why put a 5.7L engine wen the owner, at 99% of the time dont even use it for like, track.. and they use it only to drive to work or something..

yeh anyway.. i'm not sure what i'm saying.. i love cars which do have potential.. but just not on public roads..

CieL

HSC
transcendent said:
so you prefer a world full of boring econoboxes?
no.. didnt say that.. but i just think powerful cars + public roads with a speed limit = stupid idea

CieL

HSC
heh.. unless the fag next to u has a better car than urs

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
Which is why people buy cars with 6L v8s and then supercharge them.....

Or equally drive tuned R-32/33

transcendent

HSC
N/A
ToO LaZy ^* said:
powerful cars are great at beating the car beside you to the next set of red lights :)
yeah, my Camry V6 beat a VT Commonwhore Executive at the lights to 100 km/h then i had to slow down cause we were approaching a speed camera. if i didn't drive a faster car i'd think my Camry is just fine for everything.

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
CieL said:
*cries to see the wrecked enzo and zonda*

but one thing i dont understand..

they keep lowering the speed limit on public roads, yet build more n more powerful (street legal/stock) cars.. whyyyyyy??
EXACTLY...we should increase speed limits back to 60Km/h

SlipStream

HSC
Can anybody justify why in some ways a Lotus Elise is one of the greatest driving cars ever made?

7th Sign

HSC
SlipStream said:
Can anybody justify why in some ways a Lotus Elise is one of the greatest driving cars ever made?

Get the top gear episode where they test it and talk about it,

overall its not that high classed compared to other expensive cars....

shortygb

BOSer #13412
HSC
i was out yesterday and i saw a fpv territory (well all i saw was a fpv badge on the back of a territory), i wasnt aware that they are out yet...was it actually one or just a fpv badge on a normal territory?

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
shortygb said:
i was out yesterday and i saw a fpv territory (well all i saw was a fpv badge on the back of a territory), i wasnt aware that they are out yet...was it actually one or just a fpv badge on a normal territory?
i dont really stay quiet up to times with new cars (say an FPV territory), but i dont think they exist, well not atm anyways...i'd safely guess it was someones wishful thinking :rolleyes:

SlipStream said:
i'm guessing power-to-weight ratio (dont know what it is), the suspension development done by Lotus, and it's real racecar-for-the-road feel :D

it's quick, nimble and looks horn esp the lotus exige :cool:

Elements

HSC
Mmmmmmmmmm Lotus...........

i dont really stay quiet up to times with new cars (say an FPV territory), but i dont think they exist, well not atm anyways...i'd safely guess it was someones wishful thinking
No way, FPV don't have it in the short-term future. As for Ford - we'll never know....... ;)

But the 2008 Falcon is a ripper. Just hope interior build finish is a bit more up to scratch.

Elements

HSC
That would add a few more neddies (horses) onto it then wouldn't it? :p

Instead of a NIZPRO, RALLIART sticker, go for FPV! Guaranteed an extra 200kWs!

Stripes on XRs. Just doesn't suit the bodykit. Don't like them at all. Period. GT - good - it suits it.

But that's me.

SlipStream

HSC
lol, thanks for the Lotus discussion peeps. I wanted to see what people say - my answer draws my theory of "driving purity" which I'll waffle on about some other time. :p

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
transcendent said:
do racing stripes make cars go faster? :rolleyes:
if you have a RED car with STRIPES, then your car is GUARANTEED to be +20km/h faster :cool: :uhhuh: true, it's happened to friends of a friend of mine :cool:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)