Random tips for year 12s! (1 Viewer)

Twintip

Originally posted by mannnnndy
When you get into the exam room get rid of bits & pices on the floor in front of you, I had an elastic band in front of me and it drove me nuts cause I kept staring at it (for some unknown reason) and I couldnt work properly:mad1:
If people near you start nervously tapping their feet or sniffing back the 2 litres of mucus that is up in their sinuses, don't be afraid to loudly whisper to them to shut the f*** up.

That is why I wear ear buds in exams now. :D

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
take very very deep breaths every so often ... and scream and shout to realise unwanted stress and to bug your opposition ...

the thread said random tips so here i go- In speeches always suck up to the teachers and say( this is corny) ' welcome Mr Smith and Mrs Collins'. And smile at them in a corny american show way(do not show any sexual connotations).Don't call them by their first name- that's heaps rude.

SkAnDi

HSC
Originally posted by Isaac Reyes
Originally posted by SkAnDi

I remember reading a study once where it was stated that chewing gum increases memory retention by 30%.

I read that report too..the scientists were adamant that it improved memory and exam performance. 30% might be a bit far fetched but even a 5% increase in performance would be worth it!

note to skandi: Wrigleys and Hubba Bubba are paying us at their respective head offices in Syd. :p
Oh yes, now how did i get this Merc? It couldn't have been from unscrupulously trying to sucker HSC students into buying gum now could it? COULD IT?!?!

I think i should stock up on gum for uni, except that i'd probably chew it during lectures and be bored out of mind... and receives loads of dirties as people hear me chewing gum because i'm... bored out of my mind. I know i would be giving people dirties if they're chewing gum and i'm trying to concentrate and they're packing indecent noises from their mouths :D

But chewing gum is like something for your mouth to do whilst you're busy remembering or writing. It's like when you're taking photographs... what the hell do you do with your hands! At least you can chew gum with your mouth.

I think this post solely about chewing gum has gone on far enough :)

Another tip;

Stock up on some classy notemaking/study music. Stuff that i'd recommend include
- Cafe Del Mar
- Classically stuff. I mean baroque is meant to be good and all, but the sound of organs. Yick.
- Godspeed You Black Emperor!
- Explosions in the Sky
- ANY Brian Eno (which such classics as "Ambient Music for Airports", to be found for $2 at those dodgy discount stores int he city)
- Anything with the words "ambient" "lounge" and "chill"

- Oh oh oh, and don't make the mistake of watching the entire 1-3 seasons of Angel during stuvac. I mean, Cordy is hot and all... but seriously, it's just not worth it :D

Last edited:
tell them to never be afraid to ask for help in the hsc, cause people are here on this earth to help others.Tell them to write their goals down and stratigise on how to achieve them.they should also never accept something they could do better in and that's its up to you to make your future-right now the ball's in your court

mannnnndy

chocoholic
Originally posted by SkAnDi
- Oh oh oh, and don't make the mistake of watching the entire 1-3 seasons of Angel during stuvac. I mean, Cordy is hot and all... but seriously, it's just not worth it :D
ROFL:lol:
you could have justified it by using it as a text for english:p

SkAnDi

HSC
Originally posted by mannnnndy

ROFL:lol:
you could have justified it by using it as a text for english:p
hahaha "yes, the character Cordelia is an embodiment of the need for change. We observe as she comes to terms with her demon self, and her love for another demon. This represents humanity's desire to evolve and to love, a hallmark of change...blah blah.. she's a bit of a looker that one eh? ;)"

It was good though, i really got to know all the characters and the plot... but well english didn't really get much of a mention in those couple of days :D

bookboy18

Knight of the PIGhood
Tell them not to overdo it all otherwise they will burn themselves out.

I overstressed with things and now I couldn't give a damn about school. I'm just coasting along right now.

Butterfly_Wings

Cornflake Girl
HSC
Originally posted by AcCeSs-DeNieD
don't listen to anyone before the test who mentions the phrase from the simpsons "Lisa needs braces....Dental Plan!....Lisa needs braces...Dental plan!!" .....

ROFL!:D

tammer

Remembering P.I.G.
HSC
year 12s should enjoy their last year of school coz you never realise til too late that year 12 is so much fun.

tammer

Remembering P.I.G.
HSC
Originally posted by bookboy18
You sound like every grown up I've ever chatted too
yeah i know, but hell its true. at the end of year 12 hardly any of us wanted to leave. its so easy and so much fun, not necessarily the classes but hell the weekends are good.

krisk85

Random
HSC
N/A
i havent done the hsc but thought this might be usefull..

sit in the 1st 2 rows.. near the teachers or watever.. so that if u need anything u can get it quite quickly and not have to wait too long. 2 be noticed early because ur literaly in their face

McLake

The Perfect Nerd
HSC
Originally posted by krisk85
i havent done the hsc but thought this might be usefull..

sit in the 1st 2 rows.. near the teachers or watever.. so that if u need anything u can get it quite quickly and not have to wait too long. 2 be noticed early because ur literaly in their face
Good tip, but you can't choose where you sit in the HSC ...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)