Random tips for year 12s! (2 Viewers)

mannnnndy

chocoholic
never tried, so Im not sure.
STAY AWAY FROM SUGAR before exams, otherwise you get a sugar high (which can be useful) but it is soon followed by a sugar low which is very bad in exams. The same thing might happen with energy drinks, so just watch out

tammer

Remembering P.I.G.
HSC
Originally posted by bobo123
do energy drinks just before an exam help? :p
i think too much energy before an exam is bad coz you wanna get it done and get out of there. energy drinks while studying are ok. i did that one, you end up buzzing and crasghing out every now and again. it depends on how energy drinks affect you in the first place.

InfiniteQ

Solitary
HSC
Originally posted by tammer

i think too much energy before an exam is bad coz you wanna get it done and get out of there. energy drinks while studying are ok. i did that one, you end up buzzing and crasghing out every now and again. it depends on how energy drinks affect you in the first place.
I stopped using them when someone told me they kill brain cells... back to caffiene these days :p

tammer

Remembering P.I.G.
HSC
oh yeah they're real bad for you but anything that got me thru the hsc alive was good. it was energy drinks and caffeine for me

Originally posted by tammer
oh yeah they're real bad for you but anything that got me thru the hsc alive was good. it was energy drinks and caffeine for me
no, avoid cafferine and try not too make yourself a complete distraction from your work

InfiniteQ

Solitary
HSC
IceBreaker said:
when they say pens down do they really mean it?
Yes they mean it, so PUT YOUR PEN DOWN. You're not being fair to others who actually obey the supervisors.

InfiniteQ

Solitary
HSC
IceBreaker said:
you wouldnt get penelised if you write a few extra words rite
Well that depends on the individual supervisor... I have never been able to continue writing when they say "Pens down". At uni, I'm even more afraid to do it. It's not worth the risk of being caught.

McLake

The Perfect Nerd
HSC
IceBreaker said:
you wouldnt get penelised if you write a few extra words rite
If you are midway through a word I would stop right there ...

Will Hunting

HSC
InfiniteQ said:
I stopped using them when someone told me they kill brain cells... back to caffiene these days :p
That's bullshit. Energy drinks are completely innocuous, but, like with anything else, you should always exercise moderation. Anything's cool provided you don't drink/eat/do it in excess. ;)

champ_sammy_19

~~~* Munchkin*~~~
HSC
My tip

Enjoy yr 12 as much as possible!!!! :p Like everyone last year I couldn't wait for year 12 to be over, and as much as I love studying welfare this year I never anticipated that it would be soooooooo much work. I wish in some ways that I could go back a year; but at the same time I'm happy with life being the way it is :)

Last edited:

Abbeygale

HSC
Will Hunting said:
That's bullshit. Energy drinks are completely innocuous, but, like with anything else, you should always exercise moderation. Anything's cool provided you don't drink/eat/do it in excess. ;)
As far as energy drinks go, there's only two things you have to remember-
1) Less than four a day. No exceptions.
2) No matter how big they write the word 'Guarana' on the front, caffeine is almost always the primary stimulant.

A friend of mine always burns rose oil when she studies. That way, whenever she smells it she can get into a study mindset really easily.

Zoltan

Too cool for school
HSC
Mind games are very useful even if they do fuck you up a little. ;) Say to yourself, if you finish this essay, you can watch TV. You won't finish the essay, but the trick is to not watch tv so your brain thinks you're serious. Then next time you might actually do the work.

Zoltan

Too cool for school
HSC
Also, before you even start your exams (like the day before), stock up on all the stationary you'll ever need for every one of your exams and keep them in a decent pencil case. Keep it with you the whole time. There's nothing worse than realising you haven't brought your calculator cos you thought you had maths tomorrow...

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
The excel guides give sample essays and there are the standard packages from previous years.
Learn a few essays by heart for your subjects.
Be prepared to mix and match the concepts in each essay.
Fool proof.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)