• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Raped by her uncle, but can she have an abortion? (4 Viewers)

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
11kloseboy said:
Abortion is a sin. I believe that it shouldn't be allowed in the first place. A fetus is growing and its alive and has the same rights as any other human being in the world. what kind of stupid motherfucker said it doesn't have a right to live.
Uh

11kloseboy said:
I'm Buddhist
????

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A
no i mean that i disagree with abortion but i would not FORCE a girl to go through with a pregnancy JUST DISAGREE WITH HER DECISION.

boris

Banned
HSC
emytaylor164 said:
no i mean that i disagree with abortion but i would not FORCE a girl to go through with a pregnancy JUST DISAGREE WITH HER DECISION.
That's fine. A lot of people disagree with abortion. I think until you're faced with this prospect, I find it hard to accept than you can just sternly believe abortion is wrong in all cases.

Clearly it isn't.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
emytaylor164 said:
The fact that you know the circumstances of the situation and you'd still disagree with a decision to abort disgusts me.

Life is not black and white. You cannot apply the same ideal across all situations. This is the welfare of an eleven year old child we are talking about. And eleven year old child who was raped by her uncle. You cannot apply a blanket anti-abortion-in-all-situations attitude to this.

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
well really, i am not sure what the circumstances have to do with anything if we are talking about the babies right to live, its not its fault the father was a rapist and the baby is still half the mothers. Its a pretty emotional topic though and i guess iam pretty much pro baby killing, just dont pretend that saying abortions are wrong and a sin, and then turn around and say that because the kid is 11, because it was a rape and because it was incest its now ok to abort, if you are pro life, none of those things should matter.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
If you are pro-life, I agree, external circumstances do not matter.

However this is exactly why I have a problem with the pro-life stance. We're essentially talking about an ethical judgement here, weighing up the wellbeing of the child against the right to life of her baby, and there is no ethical issue which is so black and white that there can be no exceptions. Especially not with something like this.

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
Theoretically, yes, but I think it's dangerous to see the world in black and white.

There are usually factors which can flip your moral compass.

Maybe she's aborting in self-defence.

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
emytaylor164 said:
You think abortion is murder, but you support her right to choose. You support the right of a mother to choose to murder her unborn child?

If you really think abortion is murder, the logical train of thought from there is to oppose legal abortion. Ergo, you must want abortion to be illegal, legally forcing her to go through with it.

You can't believe abortion is murder, and at the same time believe she shouldn't be forced to go through with it. Unless you're advocating the right to choose legalised murder. Which is also a valid belief.

You would force her to go through with the pregnancy

Hollieee

You're unbelievable.
HSC
I don't even think there's an argument anymore. She's 11. She was raped. She's pregnant; to her uncle. Pretty sure if she wants to abort it she probably has more cause than anyone. Pretty black and white to me. She wants to abort it (and so do her parents) or she doesn't. And everyone who has a problem with that should fuck off.
Btw emytaylor, like ur_inner_child said; would you be happy to your little child to give birth to your brother's baby? Can you actually put yourself in that position without blindly disagreeing? Like seriously, honestly think about it. Your brother had sex with your daughter. Your daughter. Your brother. How could you support a child coming from that?
It's awful that a baby might not live, but just try and imagine you're 11. Your friends are running round playing kiss and catch, and your at home with a growing belly, mood swings and your body is changing for a reason you can't even comprehend. No child anywhere should have to go through things like that. Ever.

*TRUE*

Tiny dancer
HSC
N/A
^CoSMic DoRiS^^ said:
If you are pro-life, I agree, external circumstances do not matter.

However this is exactly why I have a problem with the pro-life stance. We're essentially talking about an ethical judgement here, weighing up the wellbeing of the child against the right to life of her baby, and there is no ethical issue which is so black and white that there can be no exceptions. Especially not with something like this.
So you are ethically saying that the life of the little girl is to be more valued and protected than that of the little baby. That is the debate.
People will have to be rational and not emotional to work out the answer to this question. Little defenceless baby? Little innocent child?

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
I am of the opinion that we have to choose between two evils here - one, allow the already shattered innocence of an eleven year old to be even further ruined by having her traumatise her body and mental state giving birth to a baby conceived from an incestuous rape, or two, deny said baby a chance at life to preserve whatever innocence the girl has left. Considering that it is unlikely the baby will survive to term anyway, I believe it has to be the girl whose interests we choose to act in, not those of a baby that should never have been conceived and is likely to die in any case.
We will probably never be able to reach a conclusion that is 100% "right", however, I believe there is one option that is overall better than the other. TBH, in light of what has happened to this girl I do not care about the baby.

boris

Banned
HSC
*TRUE* said:
So you are ethically saying that the life of the little girl is to be more valued and protected than that of the little baby. That is the debate.
People will have to be rational and not emotional to work out the answer to this question. Little defenceless baby? Little innocent child?
Yes.
Life of the child > life of an unborn fetus

Ethically it's not even right to let an 11 year old go through with a pregnancy. My head is about to explode with all of the complications this 11 year old will face if the pregnancy is allowed to go thru to full term.

God, why can't you retards stop with this [innocent baby] fiasco and see it for what it really is.

HSC
we are arguing about a baby will probably die anyway, and if not, will in all likelyhood have defective genes.

life of already traumatised child > life of baby with health problems/high likelyhood of dying

*TRUE*

Tiny dancer
HSC
N/A
boris said:
Yes.
Life of the child > life of an unborn fetus

Ethically it's not even right to let an 11 year old go through with a pregnancy. My head is about to explode with all of the complications this 11 year old will face if the pregnancy is allowed to go thru to full term.

God, why can't you retards stop with this [innocent baby] fiasco and see it for what it really is.
I can see it for what it is.
I wanted this to be discussed for what it really is.
Despite your calling me a retard :) , thanks for answering the q. Are you a nurse?

boris

Banned
HSC
*TRUE* said:
I can see it for what it is.
I wanted this to be discussed for what it really is.
Despite your calling me a retard :) , thanks for answering the q. Are you a nurse?
No, I'm not a nurse.

And you're not seeing it for what it is. You keep going on about this innocent child, it will be a cruel and unusual punishment to this child if it is allowed to be born. Even thugh it won't remember the birth (if it lives) THE 11 YEAR OLD GIRL WILL.

justanotherposter

Epic Member
HSC
emytaylor164 said:
You disagree with a 11year old girls decision to abort a incestuous baby conceived from rape.

fantastic! :mad:

edit:
i'm just gonna have to repeat what other people have repeatedly posted in the hope that you finally understand. If the baby will most likely not be healthy, it's a 11 year old for fucks sake. The girl is a already a living, breathing human being who's life will be RUINED and she may face serious complications if this child is born. fetus (its-not-a-baby) < 11 year old girl.

Last edited:

*TRUE*

Tiny dancer
HSC
N/A
^CoSMic DoRiS^^ said:
I am of the opinion that we have to choose between two evils here - one, allow the already shattered innocence of an eleven year old to be even further ruined by having her traumatise her body and mental state giving birth to a baby conceived from an incestuous rape, or two, deny said baby a chance at life to preserve whatever innocence the girl has left. Considering that it is unlikely the baby will survive to term anyway, I believe it has to be the girl whose interests we choose to act in, not those of a baby that should never have been conceived and is likely to die in any case.
We will probably never be able to reach a conclusion that is 100% "right", however, I believe there is one option that is overall better than the other. TBH, in light of what has happened to this girl I do not care about the baby.

I really hate abortion. But i know....
It is easy to see the fully developed life here already, the one that is already cherished by others. I guess its a like the situation where the baby being carried full term will kill the mother , and likely die itself.

Hollieee

You're unbelievable.
HSC
*TRUE* said:
Personally I feel that this is a situation that calls for emotional involvement, and not merely theoretical detachment. Why make it worse for the girl? I believe that ethically the life of the little girl has more value than that of the baby. She has been born, lived for 11 years, and then brutalised. Her life and innocence should take precedence.
Although, people keep talking about salvaging what innocence she has left; it makes her sound like a ruined child, but she's not. She probably doesn't fully understand it, and it probably wont have a profound effect for more than a year or so, when she starts to really grasp what was done to her; when she starts wanting relationships and love and consentual sex especially (hopefully considerably longer than a year). Then she'll realise what was done to her innocence. And that's when she'll be wanting to salvage her innocence. As for now, if the abortion goes through, she'll probably be able to behave and feel like an ordinary child. Perhaps she'll be able to block it out for a time, even.

She wouldn't be able to do that if she was forced to have a baby.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)