RAWR! Mentors and Mentor Leaders unite! (1 Viewer)

HSC
N/A
Mistake no.1: Only having 4 hours sleep

Mistake no.2: inability to curb subsequent "highness" (I go on the best highs and worst crashes when I'm really tired)

Mistake no. 3: inability to curb highness ALL DAY and ending up exhausted at the end

Mistake no.4: trying to drive to flamenco anyway, and falling asleep AT THE WHEEL. Not once, not twice, but three times, as well as numerous other "almost" times (did a lot of lane swerving, driving up into the gutter etc). And we're not talking piddly suburban roads either - try Concord and Parramatta Road at 5pm :/ yeah, I'm suprised I'm still alive too.

Will have dinner, write up the thing for the paper, and sleep!!!!

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
glitterfairy said:
Mistake no.4: trying to drive to flamenco anyway, and falling asleep AT THE WHEEL. Not once, not twice, but three times, as well as numerous other "almost" times (did a lot of lane swerving, driving up into the gutter etc). And we're not talking piddly suburban roads either - try Concord and Parramatta Road at 5pm :/ yeah, I'm suprised I'm still alive too.
:eek: i don't want to ever hear any bad news about accidents <3

i had to go to uni today to pick something up, after seeing this thread last night i was hoping not to bump into bosers, turns out that the place was swarming in them so i hurried over to mac centre :p

Cyan_phoeniX

HSC
N/A
glitterfairy said:
That's really scary. Especially on Concord and Parramatta road where you're going 70+. You could have been killed :(

marchetta

shut up and do me
HSC
Cyan_phoeniX said:
Im pretty sure Rob (Pwaryuex) was a mentor leader for humanities too today :)
ha ha ha, yeah he was mentoring too :) It was funny to hear him complain about how guys weren't allowed to enter the women's room :p

X

xeuyrawp

marchetta said:
ha ha ha, yeah he was mentoring too :)It was funny to hear him complain about how guys weren't allowed to enter the women's room :p
Haha, well a) I don't think it's right. If the women's collective wants to help women, they need to get real. Women and women-friendly guys should be allowed in there, otherwise it just creates further segregation and does not educate those who need to be educated: Guys.

b) My mentor shouldn't have left me outside the way she did. Totally inappropriate. She was a terrible mentor, anyway.

You weren't in my group when we did the Getting to Know you Bit, so I assume you were with Chris and Alexis. Who took your library tour? I remember seeing someone with linguistics on their tag, and thinking that they should have gone to the psych-ling day. I just assumed you missed it, because we actually had a girl who missed some of her psych day.

Anyway, how did you find the training? The bit with me trying to get that Michelle chick to write on the board didn't really work because all the same people kept yelling out ideas. >_<

lcf

man. nature. technology.
HSC
I had a blast - and free food yay!

I have Lynn, Alex, Mike and someone who i forgot, but she randomly hugged me so yay haha

Lynn, I agree - you are scary with a wand - breath and stay calm and don't kill yourself!!!

Thank you leaders for a fun day!

marchetta

shut up and do me
HSC
PwarYuex said:
Haha, well a) I don't think it's right. If the women's collective wants to help women, they need to get real. Women and women-friendly guys should be allowed in there, otherwise it just creates further segregation and does not educate those who need to be educated: Guys.

b) My mentor shouldn't have left me outside the way she did. Totally inappropriate. She was a terrible mentor, anyway.

You weren't in my group when we did the Getting to Know you Bit, so I assume you were with Chris and Alexis. Who took your library tour? I remember seeing someone with linguistics on their tag, and thinking that they should have gone to the psych-ling day. I just assumed you missed it, because we actually had a girl who missed some of her psych day.

Anyway, how did you find the training? The bit with me trying to get that Michelle chick to write on the board didn't really work because all the same people kept yelling out ideas. >_<
I didn't know guys weren't allowed in the women's room until you told me about me about yesterday, but yeah, i do think guys should be allowed in there, especially mentors! Anyway, I had Alexis and Chris during the getting to know you bit (we played speed dating!). Laura took me on the library tour. You probably would also remember that you and Laura also took us around the Coop bookshop and the sam area. I'm pretty sure the person you saw with the linguistics tag was me - everybody else we came across seem to either be a history or politics student :p

The overall training was good, but I got a bit angry at Laura after she had made us wait in Price theatre for 20 mins only to realise that we had to get back to the room to get our shirts :(

HSC
N/A
lcf said:
I had a blast - and free food yay!

I have Lynn, Alex, Mike and someone who i forgot, but she randomly hugged me so yay haha

Lynn, I agree - you are scary with a wand - breath and stay calm and don't kill yourself!!!

Thank you leaders for a fun day!
The other scmp leader was Ness :)

I promise my entire division that I will try and get a decent night's sleep before our orientation day - that should sort everything out :)

P_Dilemma

Extraordinary Entertainer
HSC
Be my mentor!

Actually, d'you think i need one?

I bow to you, Sensei.

-P_D

HSC
N/A
Hmm actually if you are a regular on BOS, you probably wouldn't need one per se

But of course if you want one, you can join my flock! :D

X

xeuyrawp

marchetta said:
You probably would also remember that you and Laura also took us around the Coop bookshop and the sam area.
I can't remember who was in my group though... If I knew you were there, I would have said a proper hello! :)

I'm pretty sure the person you saw with the linguistics tag was me - everybody else we came across seem to either be a history or politics student :p
I'm generally really bad with faces/names of girls -- the only reason I remember you was because I wanted to chat with you about LING units. I'm thinking of sitting in on some of the classes.

The overall training was good, but I got a bit angry at Laura after she had made us wait in Price theatre for 20 mins only to realise that we had to get back to the room to get our shirts :(
Ack. I was a bit disappointed with some of the leaders at times (sounds patronising, but oh well). :(

I'm glad the speed-dating thing worked, that was actually Lynn's idea. It would never work with me, though, so make sure you use models that work with you. Also be careful when it comes to time, I nearly had an argument with one of the leaders about how many techniques we should run though, simply because it was going overtime and it fizzled out. Nothing worse than boring everyone because you can't move on.

My models (pair them up while you're walking and ask for x things at the destination, give them x lollies and ask for that many things about someone, 2 truths one lie) worked pretty well, so I was happy over all. :)

HSC
N/A
rah rah! yes! speed dating but not! my original idea, mine, mine!!!! rawr

For all mentors - definately take Rob's advice and choose a mentoring style that suits you. For those that saw me, my style is extremely high-energy, 'steamroller-y'... but that's just me. Someone who says less and skips the antics can do the job just as well.

marchetta

shut up and do me
HSC
PwarYuex said:
I can't remember who was in my group though... If I knew you were there, I would have said a proper hello! :)

I'm generally really bad with faces/names of girls -- the only reason I remember you was because I wanted to chat with you about LING units. I'm thinking of sitting in on some of the classes.

Ack. I was a bit disappointed with some of the leaders at times (sounds patronising, but oh well). :(

I'm glad the speed-dating thing worked, that was actually Lynn's idea. It would never work with me, though, so make sure you use models that work with you. Also be careful when it comes to time, I nearly had an argument with one of the leaders about how many techniques we should run though, simply because it was going overtime and it fizzled out. Nothing worse than boring everyone because you can't move on.

My models (pair them up while you're walking and ask for x things at the destination, give them x lollies and ask for that many things about someone, 2 truths one lie) worked pretty well, so I was happy over all. :)
Aww, you should’ve come up and talked to me about studying linguistics! I had lunch with Alexis and Chris and talked to them about studying politics (even though I would never study it!) It was quite interesting to listen to what they said though. I thought the model you said in the mentor training session was a pretty good idea – the one about encouraging them to talk in between building and stuff… oh, and the speed dating one too (thanks glitterfairy!)

Anyway, are you coming to the Orientation day next Wednesday? I might see you again there (I’ll try to say hi this time, lol). For some stupid reason, my letter said to go to Macquarie theatre instead of Price theatre, but I’ll go to Price theatre instead anyway so I can meet up with all the other mentors I met on the training day :D

Last edited:

lcf

man. nature. technology.
HSC
I've already poached a guy called Gelo from here - he's mine so back of rawr HAHA

Just to clarify
We turn up at 8:15 and roam carparks helping people out and then a bit before 9 make our way to the lecture hall?

HSC
N/A
more or less. Some of you will be stationed till 9:20 (for stragglers) but you'll find out for sure on the day, when the leaders tell you where to go and for how long :)

HSC
N/A
yay!

I bought an awesome new wand today. It lights up and plays music! hurrah!

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
No only the psycho ones turn up at that time, geez what sad fuck is turning up at that ungodly hour.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)