Reckon I'll get into a BA here? (1 Viewer)

Nuclear

HSC
Well, my ATAR was a shit 56.15. -_-

So I have my sights on a BA at UWS. The ATAR cut off was 72. I get 5 bonus points there for location, so it's now looked at as a 61.15. A BA at UWS isn't popular apparently, but do I don't think I'll make it, do you?

And secondly, if I don't make a BA at UWS, I wanted to do a Bachelor of Design at UWS, which details in stuff like photo illustration, digital media, graphics and animation. I LOVE that kind of stuff, and I'm 14, so I have plenty of time to spare to do a fun course. The cut off was 63 point something, I think it was 63.45. Do you think I'll make it into that at the least? I don't think a lot of people would do it.

But yea. Disappointed with my atar, I was moderated down a lot from my exam marks on account of shit assessment marks.

But I'd rather get into a BA at UWS, so if I maintain a good average, I could transfer to a different uni, as it would be easier to transfer to a different uni on a BA than a B Design.

Anyway, what do you think?

Nuclear

HSC
Because I don't want to. Lol. I'd rather just move into uni now.

Nuclear

HSC
At 14 you don't know what you want.
Go back to school for 4 more years.
Don't be such a condescending bastard.

Why do you think I'm doing a course that I'll enjoy first instead of moving straight into a course that will give me a complete future?

Think before you speak.

Abbiesaurus

HSC
Yeah still an okay chance that you will get in if its not a popular course. Some people have gotten in with 20 atar points under in second round offers. Even if you apply for a course with a low atar and if you happen to not get into the course you want you could do the course with the low atar and then swap into the course you want to do after a year. I'm not exactly sure how easy it is to swap over but some people have told me its easy if you get reasonable marks. Also you could do tafe for a year and then transfer to uni.

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
It's not that really, the priorities and preferences of myself and nearly everyone i know changed significantly between 14 and 19/20 (when most people start uni).

iSplicer

HSC
Uni Grad

Why do you think I'm doing a course that I'll enjoy first instead of moving straight into a course that will give me a complete future?

Think before you speak.
Ignore this fool, his thyroid gland isn't properly functioning yet. His atar of 50~ testifies my statement.

shuttle_bus5

HSC

Think before you speak.
No.
If you do a BA you will come out after 3 years with nothing but a huge hex and unemployment and have no fucking idea where to go from there.
Go back to school for 4 years, enjoy being a kid and start worrying about your future when your 17.

Nuclear

HSC
Yeah still an okay chance that you will get in if its not a popular course. Some people have gotten in with 20 atar points under in second round offers. Even if you apply for a course with a low atar and if you happen to not get into the course you want you could do the course with the low atar and then swap into the course you want to do after a year. I'm not exactly sure how easy it is to swap over but some people have told me its easy if you get reasonable marks. Also you could do tafe for a year and then transfer to uni.
I was planning on transferring. I know of a couple of people who have managed to transfer from UWS to Usyd. Which is impressive.

I think I'll at least be accepted into the B Design, I just wanted some opinions.

No.
If you do a BA you will come out after 3 years with nothing but a huge hex and unemployment and have no fucking idea where to go from there.
Go back to school for 4 years, enjoy being a kid and start worrying about your future when your 17.
If I do a BA, I'll get used to Uni, do some subjects I enjoy, and come back to uni to do a course that will help me with a calm mind knowing what uni is like and already having some friends. It's not like I can do only one course. I'll do a BA and the finish that and do another course after that. Jeez. And I'm not at all worried about my future. I'm 14, I don't need to just yet. If you're not going to post whether you think I'll be able to get in, the please do not reply.

iSplicer

HSC
Uni Grad
No.
This.

Nuclear

HSC
Already responded to it. See above.

Once again, just let me know whether you think I'll make it into the courses I mentioned. You're not going to convince me not to do it, because I know I'll love either one and have fun, which is all that matters to me at this point.

iSplicer

HSC
Uni Grad
Already responded to it. See above.

Once again, just let me know whether you think I'll make it into the courses I mentioned. You're not going to convince me not to do it, because I know I'll love either one and have fun, which is all that matters to me at this point.
In all seriousness dude, please just go to school for at least ONE more year. You'll get a much higher atar, your confidence will be higher and you may even get into usyd, who knows? 14 is just toooo young.

shuttle_bus5

HSC
If I do a BA, I'll get used to Uni, do some subjects I enjoy, and come back to uni to do a course that will help me with a calm mind knowing what uni is like and already having some friends. It's not like I can do only one course. I'll do a BA and the finish that and do another course after that. Jeez. And I'm not at all worried about my future. I'm 14, I don't need to just yet. If you're not going to post whether you think I'll be able to get in, the please do not reply.
Or you could be a normal person and continue going to school with your current friends. I don't understand why you would want to do a BA then do another course after it.
Clearly you have no idea what you are doing and just doing a BA for the sake of it.
If your not worried about your future, go back to school. Clearly, your age and ATAR are indicators that you are not ready for university

AND NO ONE IN THE RIGHT MIND AT UNI IS GOING TO WANT TO BE FRIENDS WITH A 14 YEAR OLD BA STUDENT.

Nuclear

HSC
In all seriousness dude, please just go to school for at least ONE more year. You'll get a much higher atar, your confidence will be higher and you may even get into usyd, who knows? 14 is just toooo young.
This is the only reason I was considering doing it again.

yea but u did shit in hsc, u do shitter in uni
And not necessarily.

But still, I would appreciate it if you posted your opinion on whether or not I'll make it. Not ONE person so far has.

Nuclear

HSC
Or you could be a normal person and continue going to school with your current friends. I don't understand why you would want to do a BA then do another course after it.
Clearly you have no idea what you are doing and just doing a BA for the sake of it.
If your not worried about your future, go back to school. Clearly, your age and ATAR are indicators that you are not ready for university

AND NO ONE IN THE RIGHT MIND AT UNI IS GOING TO WANT TO BE FRIENDS WITH A 14 YEAR OLD BA STUDENT.
I'll actually be 15 next year. And my brother goes to Usyd (just finished his 2nd year and he's 16) and has plenty of friends. Please, stop being an asshole and answer the question.

iSplicer

HSC
Uni Grad
Shuttle Bus, its high time you stopped bothering with this half witted, 14 year old fool.

boganxcore

HSC
wtf why do u and ur brother finish school so early do ur parents think ur mad or something

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)