• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Reflection - Bibliography!?! (4 Viewers)

lemonade

Coffs Harbour, but will soon be in Brisbane
Originally posted by braindrainedAsh
I have never heard iof needing a bibliography until tonight, so naturally, it's freaking me out!!!! If you go and check the stuff yourself you will see that the only medium it is mentioned for is critical response, and it doesn't even specify where to put it/attach it.
ive been freaking out about what this teacher has been telling me. i cant find it anywhere else... do u know if we have to have the title of our work and our student number in the footer of every page? and the word length at the end of the work? this teacher has been telling me crazy things..

Leap

free falling
HSC
and the word length at the end of the work
One teacher told me not to go over the word length at all if you wanted good marks, another told me they don't care if you're 100-200 words over so long as it isn't waffle.
I'm still worried though...

Jinglebell

HSC
ash: where did oyu find the requirements? i'm having a slow day, i know i've found them before but they seem to be avoiding me...

lemonade: i haven't heard that stuff...but then my teacher wouldn't know anyway...

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
Originally posted by Leap
*Applauds* :uhhuh:
*Bows* Screw the board of studies and their conformist, elitist, hell maybe it's fascist too, system of repression!!!!! Free the slaves!!!! I ain't doing no damn bibliography.

In case one can't tell, I'm feeling the effects of post-trial and pre-major work comopletion date insanity.

lemonade

Coffs Harbour, but will soon be in Brisbane
lemonade: i haven't heard that stuff...but then my teacher wouldn't know anyway... [/B]

do u reckon that we only need to put our student number and title of work on the cover sheet then? what about the word count ? ... i havent read it anywhere (except from what this woman gave me), so i dont think i'll put it on...

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
i dont think you need to put word count. my teacher says they can guesstimate by words-per-page, since everyone is using the same font and spacing. if you go over by a lot, they'll know. but i dont think theyll count word for word.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Huy
/edit
That's the theme song to Kingdom Hearts (PS2) as well.

AsyLum and babydoll should hook up, he's working fast there.
err lol... hmm

simple and clean is one of the c00lest s0ngs :D but hikari is way better...

and ahhhhhhhhhh i didnt mean to make it sound like that!!!

Leap

free falling
HSC
Originally posted by lemonade
i think some one needs to ring up the board of studies and ask them all our questions?...
ok - lets list these questions:

1.Does everyone need a bibliography?
2. Do we need footnotes if we include exact quotes?
3. Do we need to have our student number at the header and footer of each page?
4. Do we need to state the amount of words in it?

EDIT:
5. does the bibliography for critical response need to be annotated?
6. does this bibliography have to be attached to the reflection statement, or is it ok if its just at the end of the journal?
7. do we need a word count at the end of the reflection statement as well?

Any others?

Last edited:

Jinglebell

HSC
i think i saw a word count at the end of one of the 2001 showcase critical responses, but i don't think it's mandatory or anything...and my student no/title are only going on the cover sheet...i guess maybe if you were just gonna staple it and there was the possiblity of it falling apart or something then maybe student number every page?

gah! i'm the most indecisive person on the planet and i'm trying to give opinions...it's screwing with my mind...someone just pat me on the shoulder and tell me it's gonna be alright:)

Leap

free falling
HSC
yes its gonna be alright jinglebell :)
We'll all look back on this and laugh...

Ok, is there an actual number for the BOS that you can call to ask these things?

Jinglebell

HSC
awww...it's all better now:) actually, no, i'm feeling an overwhelming urge to bash my head against my keyboard...but i'm scared of breaking the keyboard (note lack of fear for safety of my head...)

Jinglebell

HSC
Originally posted by Leap
yes its gonna be alright jinglebell :)
We'll all look back on this and laugh...
actually, i'm already verging on hysterical giggles...i think i need sleep or something...
Ok, is there an actual number for the BOS that you can call to ask these things? [/B]
yes. but i don't know it...

Leap

free falling
HSC
actually, i'm already verging on hysterical giggles...i think i need sleep or something...
That happened to me the other night, it was around 4am and I had to stop writing for a few minutes cause I was sitting there giggling hysterically and stirring hot chocolate with a butter knife...

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
I think there should be free post-extension 2 councelling offered lol. We are all going just a little bit round the bend tonight lol.

Leap

free falling
HSC
According to www.whitepages.com.au these are the phone numbers:

BOARD OF STUDIES
117 Clarence St Sydney 2000 (02) 9367 8111
Accounts Payable (02) 9367 8204
Payroll Enquiries (02) 9367 8197
Publications - Sales (02) 9367 8178
Publications - Despatch (02) 9367 8159
Replacement Sch.Cert/H.S.Cert (02) 9367 8251
Board of Studies Liaison Officers
Metropolitan
North (02) 9367 8356
East (02) 9314 5293
Country
Hunter (02) 4924 9976
North Coast (02) 6659 3274
North West (02) 6755 5043

hmm. I am confused.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)