• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Relationships & HSC (1 Viewer)

Should couples split for exams?

• Yes

Votes: 242 12.6%
  • No

Votes: 1,279 66.6%
  • Depends on the workload

Votes: 399 20.8%

• Total voters

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
Re: boyfriend/girlfriend, bands = distraction?

None. We're both mature enough to compromise with the situation that is the HSC .

sonyaleeisapixi

inkfacewhorebitchpixie.
HSC
Re: boyfriend/girlfriend, bands = distraction?

Stop making excuses.
=\

Breaking up with him purely because of school would be stupid. I've been with my boyfriend since the beginning of prelim. You learn to accept limitations to closer you get to exams. He'll understand if you want to not see him afternoons and only one day of the weekend, and if he doesnt, toss him.

As for the band, it's presumably a source of relaxation. Curb the performances and song writing and use it as a vehicle for relaxation until after the HSC.

This is a pivotal moment in your life. Suck it up and make some sacrafices. Everyone does. I haven't seen my boyfriend for three weeks minus last saturday, because Ive been busy and depressed and needed to refocus. I haven't written poetry or read a good book for pleasure. I haven't donated blood and I haven't played netball. But I know it'll be worth it when I get kick ass results and I get my life rollin'.

HSC
Charity F said:
well then ud better not think about getting into a relationship

umightfailurhsc
ahahahahahaha @ the suggestion that having a bf/gf may lead to you failing your hsc!

is it cold where you're at?

HSC
Charity F said:
wear an eskimo parka and you'll be right :uhhuh:
what i am wearing:
- 2 shirts
- 2 jackets (thick jackets mind you)
- REALLY thick socks
- a beanie
- real thick pyjama pants.
- and i'm still fucking cold and my balls are still shriveled up!

how are your balls?

EDIT: i'm also wearing underwear. :)

Last edited:
HSC
Charity F said:
layers don't work if you're not moving around

yeah they're pretty alright... because of the kingofalleskimoparkas

and i shall conclude thusly:

eskimo parka = functionability = successful relationship = hscwin
thanks for the tip ashwaiyria! i'll keep that in mind.

hankapow

HSC
if you like/love them, then why break up for hsc/vce/etc?
i personally concentrate less just after a break up, because i get upset.
although just splitting for exams is pointless.
my boyfriend is in year 12, and im in year11 doing year 12 subjects.
so i (sortof) understand what he's going through with exams and the like, and i expect that (if he's around) next year, he'll do the same and let me have my space to concentrate on school and junk.

Blazamane

Banned
HSC
skittished said:
What do you think about relationships during the hsc? break up? or...
Someone who is as concerned about their education as you should not have a parter.

Mongoosedog

HSC
skittished said:
What do you think about relationships during the hsc? break up? or...
if you break up you will regret it after the hsc and will be so lonely you commit suicide in which case your high marks mean nothing.

ASNSWR127

HSC
Just so long as you are still getting some throughout the exams from somewhere! Otherwise the stress levels are going to rise to unnacceptable levels

LOL

Nah if you love em stay with em.

*SIGH* stupid mistakes hey?....

J.a.d.e :-)

Nom Cupcakes...!
HSC
Life's going to throw you much more difficult things then having the HSC and a relationship at the same time..

...might as well get used to it.

katis104

loving each day =)
HSC
i have a darling boyf whos doing the ib, and im doing the hsc... so my exams start in two weeks, but his start the day i finish... which is like, in five weeks...

and we knew that things were gonna be difficult, having a combined exam block of like, two months, which i was like OHMIGOODNESS i don't think i can go for that long without seeing him!

but we realised that its only exams... and that by staying together, but not seeing each other as much as you want to will make you value the next time you see them... after exams... i think someone posted in like, 2004 on this same thread that if you stay in a relationship and make it through exams its like passing the first test... and then if you go to different unis etc you're set for life...

we're just pretty much excited for the life that begins post hsc/ib, cos really, we all don't know otherwise... its like, what we're used to =)

plus, having a relationship during exams, you're goin through the same thing, and you know each other so well that you'll have someone to talk to... beats parents who continusly say study this and study that... haha mum, didn't you like, fail your TER?

anyways... there's my ten cents =)

The Tzar

HSC
and a good ten cents!

yay for staying togther both GF and i are doing HSC
we see less od each other as of course we do study
but it is nice to every so often just lay there together and all smiles and yays and goodness :)
yeah...

:)

hahahahaha

a good break :p

Mr.Cassimatis

HSC
sometimes they can be distractions, but during HSC period they keep you stable :) a shoulder to cry on, someone to love :D

me and my gf a year and a half, and HSC period is difficult but we both understand and love eachother like crazy ahaha

jessi90

HSC
hence you attempt to assault her made evident by your avatar?

eforbes

HSC
My boyfriend and i had been arguing all through term three;
though some days were sentimental, they were exhausting.
He still wanted to be a 5 year old boy and go out and spend money. I wanted to concentrate, but also have the support i needed.
We called a break after the formal. But it all turned to shambles. :pain:
I definetely wouldn't recommend it.
It has ruined my study patterns and i have been a miserable wreck for the past two weeks.
If you do break up, still keep in the best contact. It has helped me alot.
Make sure you make them cry, and show some remorse as well.

Stay with your awful, and miserable boyfriends at least until the HSC is over.
It's one for support and some lovin'.

As one of my english teachers tried to explain to me that, The HSC is somewhat a similar experience to giving birth.
You nuture it for 9 months, then finally when it comes around. It's around for the rest of your life.
Look after yourself.

xJennax

HSC
This is ridiculous imo. I've been with my bf for 2 years and we're both mature enough to see that neither of us are going to be a hindrance to each other. I just don't get why you should break up...lol.
If I wanted to spend all day everyday studying then I would just tell my bf that and limit the time we see each other during exams. However, I'm not like that and I just balance studying/preparing for exams and seeing him and it's not a problem at all.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)