Religious affiliation (4 Viewers)

Which faith/religious tradition do you currently practice?

• Christianity

Votes: 536 38.1%
  • Judaism

Votes: 34 2.4%
  • Islam

Votes: 168 11.9%
  • Buddhism

Votes: 56 4.0%
  • Hinduism

Votes: 31 2.2%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 93 6.6%
  • None - I'm not religious.

Votes: 488 34.7%

• Total voters
HSC
Well I'm agnostic...'cause I haven't yet found a religion that really resonates with me, but I can't believe in nothing, either.

My school has Anglican chapel services that we have to go to, on occasions, something has really stood out. But, in the words of U2's Bono...'I still haven't found what I'm looking for...'

zazzy1234

Banned
HSC
muslim coz it makes sense to me that god sends messengers to people to tell them the differenence between right and wrong and if u do wrong 2 others, u will get punished.

HSC
Other- I am not really religious, but I still do all the christmas and easter stuff... I believe in values and such, not a God who enforces these values.

mr EaZy

punchbowl bro- its the best place to live !
HSC
Wow, these figures have changed dramatically since i was last here

I believe that you cant be brainwashed into believing in whatever ur parents want u to be.

I believe every person must think about what they should be believeing in and stick with that.

Islam's motto is "there is no god..... except God" you have to rule out every pre-conception u have and then impose a value or belief based on your reasoning and understanding and choice.

i think if you take that approach to religion, it becomes more meaningful. at the same time, it opens the door to a more enlightened approach to faith and more willingness to debate and challenge the assumptions of others because you are always willing to see the "truth" be put to the test :)

i am perfectly comfortable with my faith- islam.

i just think that there are some islamophobes on BOS :):jedi: i just took a peak at the current affairs section :tongue:

lonely-lass

HSC
N/A
Born in a Muslim family so ofcourse Muslim. I have inclination towards Buddhism.

mememe11

HSC
atheist. cos i dont believe that in the grand scheme of things humanity is very imoprtant. to us we are, but... even though the effect we may have on the environment is great,are not inherently "better" than anything else. the dealings between humans are so trivial compared to the making of stars and galaxies...
i could continue, but i would rather not create any unnecessary misunderstanding between myself and my more religious friends :)
i respect other people's right to religions, even if i do have a low opinion of the religions themselves.

HSC
Uni Grad
Not religious, as I wont allow religion to affect the way I live my life.

nevery

HSC
Christian. Saved by faith alone, through grace alone, by Christ alone. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)