Relying on sources (1 Viewer)

Magical Kebab

HSC
Okay, so when I'm writing an essay for ENGLISH, i tend to rely on sources and essays online. I can rarely think of arguments and ideas myself, only a rare amount. I guess that its good to use sources bu is it better to just try and get it out of my head since in exams, I won't be able to use sources?

What do u guys think of this?

dr cookie

HSC
I can say that I get a fair few of my ideas from either online or my English (extension) teacher. Advanced is a bit of a joke, and so far the AoS has been pretty straightforward and I've come up with most of my ideas myself in the three essays we've had to write.

Definitely make use of the online things is my opinion (I mean, they are there to be used), but try and cut down. I have also come up with my own ideas and used the net to further develop them :)

Magical Kebab

HSC
I can say that I get a fair few of my ideas from either online or my English (extension) teacher. Advanced is a bit of a joke, and so far the AoS has been pretty straightforward and I've come up with most of my ideas myself in the three essays we've had to write.

Definitely make use of the online things is my opinion (I mean, they are there to be used), but try and cut down. I have also come up with my own ideas and used the net to further develop them :)
I guess thats the best way to go at it :)

qwerty44

HSC
Sometimes it's an idea off the net that sparks your own one.

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
For me, I use the themes, ideas and values provided by sites like Spark Notes or other websites then develop and expand on them.

wildchild666

HSC
I have never used any websites to assist in English, but if you think that could help you get a better mark, then why not? So long as you're not plagiarising.

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
SPAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRKNOOOOOOOOOOOTEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSS !
Enough said.

mirakon

nigga
HSC
I only use an idea if I can

A) come up with it myself
B) fully understand it and form my own opinion about it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)