Repeat the HSC. (1 Viewer)

assiduous

HSC
Though Campbelltown and Hawkesbury Campuses are a bit of travel, would it be safe to take pulic transport..

ronnie2151

HSC
Though Campbelltown and Hawkesbury Campuses are a bit of travel, would it be safe to take pulic transport..
What ever you do don't repeat the HSC, it will literaly kill you. The best thing to do if you wanna do Dent at USYD is to take up a science degree or a medical science degree at either Mq, UWS or UTS. Thats what i am doing. Why because it is easier to get the better marks that you need. If you wanna play it smart apply for a combined Sci/Comm degree. That way if you dont make it to dent you can complete the commerce degree and have some chance at gettin a job. As for your subjects i say as long your school is ranked decently do easy subjects and absolutly rape them trust me you'll have a much higher chance at getting 90 ATAR. Also apply for bonus points.

Kralex

HSC
Why TAFE?
Can't i just repeat year 12 at another school?
Cause TAFE would be a faster route and you'd also be gaining important knowledge that you could take into the workforce.

dp624

HSC
hope you're ok dude. but seriously, with some application and strong effort, you can pull through and get almost anything.
pretty sure if you ace everything from now on, you'd do much much better than a 70 =] keep mx1 though :) and go into superhuman mode. i mean, it is your life ahead of you and all, and you don't want to be at tafe doing a course you aren't happy with
good luck! =]

thongetsu

Where aren't I?
HSC
It's pretty hard to convey subtle sarcasm over the interwebz.

b00m

HSC
Uni Grad
..but i picked it up? hence the "i'll play dumb"

:apig:

Dark Invoker

HSC
I got 0 in Economics and I'm still 12/15 (that's how bad my cohort is). You can still pick yourself up if you work hard...

brendroid

HSC
There are a lot of places you need to improve but it is still possible. With the trials getting closer, you might be able to increase the mark of your school-bases assessment by going well in those, and I think there would be about an assessment per subject left outside of the trials too. I'm not sure if you'd be in the running for 98+, but that doesn't stop you from still getting a relatively decent mark.

assiduous

HSC
I got 0 in Economics and I'm still 12/15 (that's how bad my cohort is). You can still pick yourself up if you work hard...
Well, i haven't got 0 for anything yet, which i'm grateful for i guess.
I couldn't see my last two years of high school turning out this bad.

Anyone else, who has managed to turn things around?

bio_nut

HSC
I was horribly depressed in year 12, I came back from overseas and was with a whole new grade who were complete shire bitches and pricks.

Don't repeat year 12, it will make you worse, if you go to a new school you'll lose that support network anyway.

Surely you can at least get the marks to get into UWS or something? If you're truly capable like you say, you'll be able to pick it up at uni once you're feeling better and transfer/complete degree and go on the dent.

You can do any degree before dent at usyd

assiduous

HSC
I was horribly depressed in year 12, I came back from overseas and was with a whole new grade who were complete shire bitches and pricks.

Don't repeat year 12, it will make you worse, if you go to a new school you'll lose that support network anyway.

Surely you can at least get the marks to get into UWS or something? If you're truly capable like you say, you'll be able to pick it up at uni once you're feeling better and transfer/complete degree and go on the dent.

You can do any degree before dent at usyd
I just want to make sure i understand the USYD B Dentistry's entry requirements.
I can do any degree at any uni right? UWS too? I don't really want to go to UWS.

See the thing is, i heard it was difficult to maintain a decent GPA. I read somewhere to sit GAMSAT and get into dentistry at USYD was 4.00.
How hard is it to maintain a 4.00 GPA?

bio_nut

HSC
GPA of 4.00 is a pass.

Seriously.

You have to do the interviews and GAMSAT too, though, but it's a pass.

Not sure if it's just a threshhold like med, you'll have to check.

Yeah, any degree from any uni, otherwise it wouldn't be fair. They're all on equal footing, no preferences to Usyd degrees.

assiduous

HSC
GPA of 4.00 is a pass.

Seriously.

You have to do the interviews and GAMSAT too, though, but it's a pass.

Not sure if it's just a threshhold like med, you'll have to check.

Yeah, any degree from any uni, otherwise it wouldn't be fair. They're all on equal footing, no preferences to Usyd degrees.
Wow. Well, just in case they change the requirements or anything i'll aim for GPA of 5.00.

Interview, GAMSAT and pass GPA.

Threshold meaning, a limit on the number of students they take in?

I thought so, but then i don't want them to discriminate against UWS graduates.
I'm still aiming to get into USYD. But if worse comes to worse than UWS.

Thanks. :read: studying now.

Hopefully, i'll come back to this thread after the HSC and realise what i was thinking.

I heard someone in my year was doing 6 hours of studying.
What advice do you have for me?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)