Residential Colleges... (1 Viewer)

shsshs

HSC
once you get past all the hazing, you look back on it and its actually a really really good & unique experience.

to pink-hickup:
we had a girl last year who was a model (she was the Bonds girl, went to NY for fashion wk etc) and really 'princessy'. she told everyone to fuck off and leave her alone - she even refused to wear her Oweek fresher t-shirt.

you dont want to know what happened to her...

HSC
once you get past all the hazing, you look back on it and its actually a really really good & unique experience.

to pink-hickup:
we had a girl last year who was a model (she was the Bonds girl, went to NY for fashion wk etc) and really 'princessy'. she told everyone to fuck off and leave her alone - she even refused to wear her Oweek fresher t-shirt.

please share :haha:

jtyler

HSC

to pink-hickup:

First part sounds like what people used to say about Big Brother - doesn't mean its not totally fucking retarded.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Well I'm not 18 until the end of July which is truly lamentable so I'm thinking I'll probably be one of the youngest there - I hope we don't get picked on too much, underages have rights too! Apparently the colleges organise things for the <18s to do during O-week, and a lot of the stuff that the union puts on is all ages (except for the Big O :(), so I'm not going to get a fake ID.

I just hope that this doesn't mean my o-week will be twiddling my thumbs in my room or playing in a sandpit or something!
Getting a fake ID is heavily advisable anyway. Once semester starts half the time when you're meeting people it will be at the pub.

pink-hickup

HSC

to pink-hickup:

LOL well just for the record, I am definitely NOT a 'princessy' type girl - they shit me. But at the same time I'm not going to be walked all over, I don't mind getting messy and looking retarded, but I don't particularly like to be in pain for no apparent reason either.

And if I were in the market for a fake ID where might I acquire one?

sophieisticated

HSC
LOL well just for the record, I am definitely NOT a 'princessy' type girl - they shit me. But at the same time I'm not going to be walked all over, I don't mind getting messy and looking retarded, but I don't particularly like to be in pain for no apparent reason either.
Agreed. Besides which, who has the money to pay for fuel for a 10 hour round trip just to see a peer risk getting molested by some seedball truckie that picks them up when they're hitch-hiking back to college? Not I for sure.

shsshs

HSC
First part sounds like what people used to say about Big Brother - doesn't mean its not totally fucking retarded.
then college is not for you...

Besides which, who has the money to pay for fuel for a 10 hour round trip just to see a peer risk getting molested by some seedball truckie that picks them up when they're hitch-hiking back to college?
The 90% of people in the college who went to private schools and live in the Lower North Shore and don't really care about (their parents') money.

pink-hickup

HSC
I must say, O-Week was a complete surprise.
I was thrown in the mud, had cordial & water poured on me, was rolled around in sand, manipulated into wearing a toga to a party that was definitely NOT a toga party, ran through QVB dressed appallingly and then jumped into a fountain, had goon poured in my mouth and on clothes that I was not allowed to wash.
All in all: one of the best weeks of my life. Loved it. Love Johns.

And whoever sold me that BS about enduring pain throughout all of O-week is a tool lol, they clearly have no idea of what o-week is like. The most pain i endured was the disgusting taste of goon, and 'cockroaching' on a pedestrian crossing - both of which were worth the pain for the experience.

Don't regret a thing, would do it all over again. But cannot wait to be a soph and finally get to dish the dirt to freshers myself. Hehe.

HSC
I must say, O-Week was a complete surprise.
I was thrown in the mud, had cordial & water poured on me, was rolled around in sand, manipulated into wearing a toga to a party that was definitely NOT a toga party, ran through QVB dressed appallingly and then jumped into a fountain, had goon poured in my mouth and on clothes that I was not allowed to wash.
All in all: one of the best weeks of my life. Loved it. Love Johns.

And whoever sold me that BS about enduring pain throughout all of O-week is a tool lol, they clearly have no idea of what o-week is like. The most pain i endured was the disgusting taste of goon, and 'cockroaching' on a pedestrian crossing - both of which were worth the pain for the experience.

Don't regret a thing, would do it all over again. But cannot wait to be a soph and finally get to dish the dirt to freshers myself. Hehe.

wow sounds like you got off easy

pauls o-week was fucking awesome, best week of my life. it was pretty intense waking up in the morning literally still pissed from the night before, which doesnt stop because you have a champagne breakfast in the morning, a beach party during the day, and a toga party at night where everyone just runs around naked absolutely trashed.

we didnt have anyone arrested like Wesley, and we only had a few people checking into RPA so it wasnt as bad as it could have been haha

oh and it was pretty fun during the scav hunt walking around martin place in nothing but academic gown trying to take the best photo we could

Niek

HSC
Just wondering, what kind of things do the freshers have to do during o-week and the rest of the year?? Do most of them really get stuck into them? :eek:

Jordan901

HSC
Hi guys,

Ok, I need information on how this whole thing works. I'm (going into in September) 3rd year studies at the University of British Columbia in Canada (our classes start in September and our degrees are 4 years). I'm signing up for a 1-year exchange with USyd for the 2010 academic year. I'm applying for housing in a residential college, but don't know which one to go for. I'm looking for something very social, less of the academic or sports. Co-ed preferably.

Also, since it will be my first year THERE in a college, but not my first year in university, what will the whole hazing situation be like?

HSC
Just wondering, what kind of things do the freshers have to do during o-week and the rest of the year?? Do most of them really get stuck into them? :eek:

what kind of things to fresh have to do during o-week? pretty much just be trashed 24/7 and have the best week of your life

through the year? well there is a pretty big heirarchy but you'll still love every minute.

HSC
Hi guys,

Ok, I need information on how this whole thing works. I'm (going into in September) 3rd year studies at the University of British Columbia in Canada (our classes start in September and our degrees are 4 years). I'm signing up for a 1-year exchange with USyd for the 2010 academic year. I'm applying for housing in a residential college, but don't know which one to go for. I'm looking for something very social, less of the academic or sports. Co-ed preferably.

all the colleges are incredibly social

but if you're a guy, then seriously the only 2 worth colleges worth looking at are St Pauls (all guys) and St Andrews (co-ed),which are the hardest to get into, but both are considerably better than Johns or Wesley

Also, since it will be my first year THERE in a college, but not my first year in university, what will the whole hazing situation be like?
well being a 4th year uni student doesn't make any difference, you will be treated no different to any other fresh. the hazing can be a bit full on, but you will seriously look back on it as the best time of your life bar none.

Last edited:

S.M.R.

HSC
How hard is it to get into St Pauls? UAI? Sport? Cult-cha?

Jordan901

HSC
Thanks for the info inspector. One more question: It looks like St. Paul's and St. Andrew's are both heavily protestant (some guy convicted of HERESY in the 1990's???). Seeing as how I am atheist (but very accepting of all beliefs), will that be a problem?

FLYHAWK14

HSC
N/A
I got a friend living in St. Johns, he reckons it's pretty cool, and when I saw it for myself I thought it looked awesome

HSC
Thanks for the info inspector. One more question: It looks like St. Paul's and St. Andrew's are both heavily protestant (some guy convicted of HERESY in the 1990's???). Seeing as how I am atheist (but very accepting of all beliefs), will that be a problem?
mate i am as atheist as they come, its not a problem at all

Pauls is anglican, and Drews is non-religious. but as i said, your beliefs don't matter in the slightest

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)