Results are out? (1 Viewer)

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
Guys you have no right to judge Someth1ng on his marks that's his business.

louielouiee

louielouielouielouielouie
HSC
N/A
Uni Grad
+1

We posted our marks to try and confirm this for some suspicious people, please don't be judgemental.

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
So has anyone formulated any theories of why this would happen?

2xL

HSC
BoS probably had the service ready for the days after Wed 19th and didn't think anyone would actually try and use the service yet.

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
Agreed, they actually look good to me - sure they arent 99+ marks but they would still result in a very respectable ATAR.

someth1ng

Retired Nov '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Even if you look at my marks and physics and chemistry seem low, my external does have a chance to be significantly higher because I wasn't clear first (I was tied) and I was 14th in Chemistry at a school that normally gets a maximum of 4.

Knowing this, I wouldn't be surprised if I was 95 externally in both.

Last edited:

cheepy5

HSC
yeah, the bos probably wasn't expecting people to try it before the date the results were meant to be released.
Or they just started putting the marks on to a database, as you cant log on to students online today but i could yesterday.

Selador

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
BoS probably had the service ready for the days after Wed 19th and didn't think anyone would actually try and use the service yet.
They changed the SMS registration system this year. In the past sending a text before the results were released was required to register for the SMS service. This year registation is now all online on Students Online. This year, sending the Student Number and pin to that number was indeed meant to instantly send you the results. However that was only meant to be functional from 6am on Wednesday. Obviously an IT guy somewhere stuffed up.

Also: http://www.smh.com.au/news/National...e-early-results/2004/12/15/1102787152059.html

Omnipotence

Kendrick Lamar
HSC
Uni Grad
It happens for course offers as well. I remember last year, we could find out if we made it into courses earlier than the release date.

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
Like i said before, the results are likely just sitting on a database somewhere ready to be released anyway. If that number was the one used for registering for SMS results or whatever too (that's how it was last year atleast), then im guessing they have a bug where their system sent out results if they were there when people went to register. Did you have to register through sending an SMS this year too? I remember seeing people talking about registering through students online this year so that would just further support my suspicion as they might not have expected the messages to the number.

Omnipotence

Kendrick Lamar
HSC
Uni Grad
The rest of you have to wait till Wednesday. Happy campers.:)

lgnorance

HSC
Has anyone tried texting the previous BOS number? ie. the BOS number from last year?

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
Has anyone tried texting the previous BOS number? ie. the BOS number from last year?
(removed, dont bother) if anyone wants to give it a go. Wouldn't get your hopes up though.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)