Results are out? (1 Viewer)

someth1ng

Retired Nov '14
HSC
Uni Grad
It's funny, now that I've gotten my results, I'm wondering about my external scores...especially for Chemistry and Physics.

btx3

HSC
Uni Grad
someth1ng you should go take a read of post 44331 in the p00n thread

Aysce

HSC
It's funny, now that I've gotten my results, I'm wondering about my external scores...especially for Chemistry and Physics.
Soon enough man, soon enough. At least you're not dying in anticipation haha.

Trans4M

HSC
Uni Grad
While they are probably the bands as someth1ng said, i have a friend who insisted last year that her HSC marks in the sms had decimal points in them even after i told her they were probably the bands. I guess i'll never know since she didn't take a screenshot.
HSC marks are always given as whole numbers, rounded up. E.g. if your assessment mark is 91 and your exam mark is 94, the average of the two is 92.5 but your HSC mark is 93. So I doubt what she said is true. I think it could just be the BoS using a slightly different format to separate marks or something through the use of a "."

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
HSC marks are always given as whole numbers, rounded up. E.g. if your assessment mark is 91 and your exam mark is 94, the average of the two is 92.5 but your HSC mark is 93. So I doubt what she said is true. I think it could just be the BoS using a slightly different format to separate marks or something through the use of a "."
Yeah i know, if i remember correctly some of the subjects supposedly had a .9 which just makes no sense whatsoever. I really doubt it's true either, i'm thinking she might have gotten a little embarassed after being corrected and stuck to her story.

B3A13

HSC
Uni Grad
Ah wish I was faster. Oh well it is only three days- of not stressing over choices yet so no worries.

Peter-PF7

HSC
N/A
Someth1ng you happy with ur results? Let us all know on Wednesday to clarify if they did send youse the rIght marks...

someth1ng

Retired Nov '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Someth1ng you happy with ur results? Let us all know on Wednesday to clarify if they did send youse the rIght marks...
Yes and no. I'm happy that I got 2 band 6s in science but I probably won't be happy that there's a big gap between my chemistry marks (most likely, at least).

Safraaz

HSC
Uni Grad
It's weird.

Seeing as we are meant to get 3 sets of marks, and we only got one, people suspect that this is only a RAW or maybe SCALED exam mark.

It's highly unlikely that they would have actually sent out the final HSC marks before their specified date of December 19th.

So someth1ng, don't worry about it if you are disappointed, the marks in my text are lower than I expected. This is the same with my friends as well!

This is by no means an official notification of final HSC marks considering it would be any of three possible marks.

Here is a screen shot:

View attachment 27247
Hey louielouiee, Could you kindly list me your assessment ranks or rough estimates if you don't know, and your school rank! I just want to see why biology scaled so bad this year, It did look alot easier than pervious years, but that doesnt mean that the scaling should significantly drop. Your other results tell me that you're a high achiever, so getting an 83 in biology??? there is something wrong with the marking or the test was extremely easy. After reading this thread.. m really scared as I under performed heaps in biology :( :(
But your other results look good to me... congrats in Ancient History, Adv. English and Religion :)

Last edited:

Sup3rDry

HSC
Fucking not keen at all. This year is the worst year ever i swear. Please pray for me on Wednesday, hoping that my marks will hopefully land my ass into a course at uni.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
It has been closed, as I said.

English: 82
MX2: 81
Chemistry: 90
Physics: 93
only 90?!

What. The fuck. Happened?!

The SMS only ever contains the HSC Mark. It never contains the Assessment Mark or Exam Mark.
Totally true

This is what I got last year:

So looks legit.

maybe you and all of your friends are just arrogant
because you were clearly given your final subjects bands
sorry m8 those are your marks
yeah... Maybe you just thought you were better than you were (I marked your paper that time and srsly, the mark I gave you was probably better than what a HSC marker would give you. Ily <3 someth1ng)

Yes and no. I'm happy that I got 2 band 6s in science but I probably won't be happy that there's a big gap between my chemistry marks (most likely, at least).
babe, my gap in Chem was like 8, you'll be fine. Your ATAR will still be 95+

Ily a trilly

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
At the end of the day atar doesn't mean much. I assume your atar was over 90 Riproot, yet you are now failing and barely passing first year uni.

iPhone4

HSC
N/A
Can any of you read?

The Board of Studies NSW has confirmed that text messages were sent in error this morning to around 160 students who lodged a request to receive their HSC results via SMS.

Students are advised that these messages DO NOT contain their final results.

A company contracted to provide this service has advised that these messages were sent as a result of a technical error.

The SMS registration service and the Board's Students Online website were temporarily suspended in order to resolve this problem. The problem has been resolved and the registration service has been restored.

Final and confirmed results will be released on Wednesday 19 December

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
Can any of you read?
It's been posted a few times and wasn't released until a few hours after it was discovered and eventually posted on this site. Despite what that says the general consensus on here is that the marks that were released were the actual results. If it's all handled by an external company i don't think BOS would be providing them with marks which are not final or have not been through the aligning or moderating process.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Can any of you read?
yeah, but that article actually makes no fucking sense at all because why would they have incorrect marks lined up and ready to be sent out? It actually raises more questions than it answers and is just a propagandist ploy by BOS.

louielouiee

louielouielouielouielouie
HSC
N/A
Uni Grad
Hey louielouiee, Could you kindly list me your assessment ranks or rough estimates if you don't know, and your school rank! I just want to see why biology scaled so bad this year, It did look alot easier than pervious years, but that doesnt mean that the scaling should significantly drop. Your other results tell me that you're a high achiever, so getting an 83 in biology??? there is something wrong with the marking or the test was extremely easy. After reading this thread.. m really scared as I under performed heaps in biology :( :(
But your other results look good to me... congrats in Ancient History, Adv. English and Religion :)
Thanks for that :)

For biology, I was ranked 9/31 with a school rank in the high 70's.
Although, as you can see, I'm more a bullshitting essay man as opposed to someone who can recall short, succinct answers.

That's why I have 3 band 6's in essay subjects, and 3 band 5's in subjects that require direct & logical answers.

So a mark in the low 80's was what I was expecting to be honest!

Safraaz

HSC
Uni Grad
Thanks for that :)

For biology, I was ranked 9/31 with a school rank in the high 70's.
Although, as you can see, I'm more a bullshitting essay man as opposed to someone who can recall short, succinct answers.

That's why I have 3 band 6's in essay subjects, and 3 band 5's in subjects that require direct & logical answers.

So a mark in the low 80's was what I was expecting to be honest!
nws m8 :)
I still can't believe it, surely with a rank of 9/31 and having a school rank in the high 70's, you should've got in the 90's...unless your whole class did bad?!
But 83 is still good, I bet its better than my mark :(
Anyways all the best in your future studies, btw what course are you planning to do now??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)