Results: Semester 1, 2006 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dora_18

HSC
i thought they dont take your UAI into consideration after a further year of tertiary study

stazi

Nightman
HSC
nope, it's 50/50 (although some other unis only use the highest of uai/gpa)

dora_18

HSC
hmm ok
so for a course that has a similar uai
my marks this year should be of what average?

stazi

Nightman
HSC
it doesn't work like that. there's an X amount of places available for transfer students. it depends on the demand for this course. usually though a credit avg should be enough

stazi

Nightman
HSC
well it really depends though. if the course has a small candidature you may need a super high uai/gpa

lala2

Banned
HSC
That makes me feel a little bit better about my credit average last semester--I'm not aiming to transfer anywhere but when I saw that my GPA equates to a rank of 88, I was really upset. I didn't think I could've dropped nearly ten points from my UAI in the space of four months! :eek:

velox

Retired
HSC
N/A
jusdorange said:
I would love to work towards something like Rhodes... but do you have to have completed honours to apply for it or just qualify for honours? Cos I'll turn 25 before the cut-off date (I took a gap year) :( Damn.

Uhh not that I could really be arsed to play sport though :p
You need honours.

frootloop

HSC
lala2 said:
That makes me feel a little bit better about my credit average last semester--I'm not aiming to transfer anywhere but when I saw that my GPA equates to a rank of 88, I was really upset. I didn't think I could've dropped nearly ten points from my UAI in the space of four months! :eek:
Ranks? How did you find out what rank you are?

And, uh... 88 out of 100 (scaled from 250 students doing the course maybe)? Or what? Wow, I really have no clue. lol

And if your GPA/rank whatever is so horrible I mustn't be too far behind. My marks for last semester were pretty similar to yours weren't they? :p

stazi

Nightman
HSC
no, she is talking about your Non-recent-school leaver rank, which is obtained by looking at your gpa and using a conversion chart. it's not really a rank of students, but rather just a number (unlike the uai, in which 100 means you're in the 100th percentile).

jpr333

HSC
Since I scour the numbers in this thread for comparisons I thought it only fair to post my own results so here they are a bit late (was at the snow..):
Semester 1
Alpha Digit Unit of Study Name Mark Grade
ACCT 2011 Financial Accounting A 79.0 Distinction
ACCT 2012 Management Accounting A 79.0 Distinction
CLAW3201 Australian Taxation System 76.0 Distinction
FINC 2011 Corporate Finance I 67.0 Credit

Shaking Paper

HSC
I have a question;
I managed to get myself an Absent Fail for a subject, does that count as a 00.0 when it's being worked out whether or not I have a high enough mark for honours (credit average) at the end of my third year?

jpr333

HSC
Absent fails do not count towards your gpa nor wam im pretty certain.

Shaking Paper

HSC
If that's the case, I would be better of retracting my request for my mark to be changed imtp the very low fail that it would otherwise be?

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
There's absolutely no reason why absent fails wouldn't be counted any different to fails :/

emjayel

HSC
N/A
Shaking Paper said:
I have a question;
I managed to get myself an Absent Fail for a subject, does that count as a 00.0 when it's being worked out whether or not I have a high enough mark for honours (credit average) at the end of my third year?
I got one of those for RLST1001... and yer it does, which means now I'm gonna have to get Ds/HDs to bring my average back up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)